Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt-Tabbing to another app and back = infinite loading screen

-Schnitzel-

I've noticed this issue come up very often, and I think I've figured out how to reproduce it. I tend to run Discord and/or Chrome (for YT/Music) in the background with Warframe running. 

Sometimes if I have Warframe running then I alt tab and open Chrome or Discord and stay more than maybe 10 seconds on the other app, then tab back into Warframe, some item icons are missing (i.e. if loading Foundry blueprints from orbiter, item icons are missing, as are resources). If I do this in a mission, if I click (P) to see my current mission results, some of my weapons or reward icons are missing. Once my team and I extract, the I get stuck in an infinite loading screen where the loading circles of my 3 teammates are blank (rather than a white circle like it should when they've fully loaded). 

How to reproduce this bug:
1) Open and run Warframe for over 3 minutes (how long you actually run is up to you, but I notice this happens after 3 minutes in)
2) Click the (Windows) key and select Chrome (or Discord, or any other program)
3) Spend a minute on that app
4) Alt-Tab back to Warframe
5) Notice that some item or weapon icons are missing (i.e. the spot that usually shows their icon is blank)
6) Get some friends and load into a mission
7) Spend a few minutes on that mission
8) Alt-Tab back to the other app for a few seconds
9) Alt-Tab back to Warframe and head to extraction (once the green icon appears)
10) Get stuck in loading screen, your only option is to Alt-F4

Additional info:
Windows 10
Warframe U 23.0.7 (latest as of this post)

that is a problem that existed way back an may will sometimes come back for now and then i have it sometimes too but at least youcan get a easy sulotion to it just play in window mode an you should be fine

Edited by Keiyadan

• 4 weeks later...