Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Rework Concept] Nyx: New Passive, Telekinesis, and More

FoxFX

puppeteer_by_lamoz571-datth1v.png

Image found in DeviantArt by lamoz571

[KEY NYX FACTS AND ISSUES TO ADDRESS]

• Nyx is one of the oldest Warframes in the roster released in the 6th Update whose theme is based on using psychic powers to manipulate enemies and turn their offenses against them.

• Nyx's passive is dependent on casting Nyx's powers on her enemies and her current disarm passive has left some perplexed over the similarities between Nyx and Loki's [Radial Disarm] Augment. In some cases, players have argued that disarming enemies renders uses for Nyx's 1st and 4th rather moot and useless.

• Mind Control is a very useful utility and pseudo-CC ability which can draw in the aggression from surrounding enemies. However, the CC it provides gets overshadowed by Chaos. In addition, even with the [Mind Freak] Augment, the damage the Mind Control'd enemy does is negligible as enemies start to become stronger. The higher the enemy's level becomes, the more Health/Shield/Armor they have with a more slower rise in their attack power.

• Psychic Bolts current selling point is its rather long range and homing ability allowing a more concentrated attack to rely on and take more advantage of Nyx's current disarm passive. Other than that, the damage it does is relatively low and the Augment [Pacifying Bolts] leaves this ability to be set so apart from the rest of Nyx's ability kit. Some player have called this ability to be "just a 'ghost' homing Ash Shuriken that does lower damage with a very niche Augment to it."

• Chaos is one of the highlights of Nyx's abilities causing mass confusion to enemies. However, with the recent Warframe reworks and releases of other newer Warframes, some have claimed Chaos to be powered over by other Warframe CC abilities. Though some have described this ability as just "Extended AOE Radiation Proc."

• Absorb is infamous more for its Augment [Assimilate] that potentially gives Nyx a god-mode toggle and a radial knockdown attack. At base, the ability will always do Magnetic Damage and (This was due to past strategies of two Nyx players absorbing their own damage) will only absorb 10% of incoming Magnetic Damage. The damage of Absorb also require a hefty Energy Drain to output the damage and the damage being done by enemies is always outdone by the enemy's Health/Armor/Shield stats as their levels grow. The additional 8 Energy Drain for every 1000 damage done in Absorb also limits this ability's payoff. In squads, most Nyx would find other players nearby doing the killing/CC in missions missing opportunities to utilize Absorb's burst potential.

Nyx has the CC and with [Assimilate] the tanky role of a Warframe. yet, there are already so many Warframes that have CC abilities (and some that have both CC and support elements to them) and far more powerful tank abilities that Nyx categorically falls into. Though initially, the idea of Nyx's abilities was to use the enemy against themselves through controlling them and by redirecting their offenses.

The overall goal for this rework is to give Nyx's some more power and life into her Mind Control ability while introducing a new 2nd ability. This rework will also grant some support for Nyx's Chaos ability and some more 'mobility' and punching power for Absorb.

[NYX'S PASSIVE: RELINQUISH CRITIQUE]

Players have discussed over threads how disarming enemies, while has been a very useful CC tool in the past, also lowers the effectiveness of Nyx using Mind Control and Absorb's fullest potential. There has also been a lot of comparison of this passive to the workings of Loki's Radial Disarm and his Augment of it.

Personally, I feel unless a passive that requires the activation of abilities to trigger should have some payoff. For example: Octavia's passive that grants a small Energy Regeneration to herself and allies after activating any of her abilities.

That being said, I'd like to present an option of a new Nyx passive:

NEW EXPERIMENTAL PASSIVE: [NYX PASSIVE MECHANIC: HYPNOTISM]

While aiming with a Primary/Secondary, Nyx produces conical hypnotic waves 5 meters long and 60 degree field of view. Enemies are (in sleep, daze, or some other effect) while within the cone. Nyx can hold this ability for a few seconds.

I felt this type of passive works thematically with Nyx and also introduces a unique playstyle for Nyx to exert. Aiming down to stop enemies that come too close could work especially well when you want Nyx to avoid as much combat as possible or taking down a threat. The downside of this passive is that it is only effective in the direction Nyx is facing so be wary of behind and side attacks.

[NYX'S FIRST ABILITY: MIND CONTROL]

23619BD2B5F4179D7F4F4DA06970BC49415D0EAE

Mind Control as an utility ability has some potential based on what a Nyx controls with this ability. The enemy could help Nyx capture objectives in Interceptions or even give Nyx and her allies the Overshields (Shield Ospreys), damage reduction (Ancients), or the swarms of more allies (Drahk Masters, Sniper Crewmen, Brood Mothers, etc.). Utility-wise, Mind Control can be very useful but situational sometimes.

The fact that Chaos cannot overwrite a Mind Control enemy right now means that there should be some more importance to Mind Control, so adding in some punching power to the Mind Control enemy and some support could give this ability the kick it needs. It already makes the Mind Control enemy immune to friendly fire and the increase Threat also helps with some distraction, but let us be a bit more open on a couple of ideas for it:

•  

• [+ Buffing Damage of Mind Control] Enemies while under Mind Control have their damage increased by XX% the sum of their Max Health + Armor + Shield.

• [+ Prolonging Mind Control and Strengthening the Hold] Nyx can hold down the Mind Control ability to reset the Duration (or add a few seconds) of Mind Control so the player can keep the enemy they prefer having around.

• [+AUGMENT CHANGE Mind Freak] The Mind Control target gains 10% of their current attack power each time Nyx commands to reset (or add a few seconds) to the Duration of her control

These ideas are to both make Nyx's mind controlling psychic powers mean something and to keep hold of an enemy they would want to maintain control of . The option of maintaining the grip on the [Mind Contro]l target pays off by improving their damage further if you use the new [Mind Freak].

[NYX'S SECOND ABILITY CRITIQUE: PSYCHIC BOLTS]

Psychic Bolt...granted that with Relinquish's Disarm passive this has its use. With the Augment you do have that hole "dancing" gimmick, but to be honest it is again overshadowed by the CC-potential of Chaos and other CC abilities out there. Damage-wise it is also very lacking.

There is a specific ability idea that I was inspired from the game "Psi-Ops" and one that could work synonymous with the new Mind Control:

[NEW NYX'S EXPERIMENTAL SECOND ABILITY: TELEKINETIC SLAM]

latest?cb=20100304200823

Nyx can grab and pull an enemy with her psychic powers which she can use later as a projectile attack.

•  

• [Pulls and Ragdolls] Nyx pulls and ragdolls an enemy floating next to her which follows her around while the duration of this ability remains.

• [Throwing the Enemy as a Projectile] Works when you have grabbed an enemy with this ability. Activating the ability again throws the enemy at the target location and upon impact deals XXX Blast damage at XX m which bonus damage based on XX% of the thrown enemy's Max Health + Shield.

• [Throwing a Mind Control Enemy] The damage done by throwing a Mind Control enemy is multiplied by X.X.

• [AUGMENT OPTION 1: Psychic Choking] The enemy held by this ability takes XX Finisher Damage per second while the damage is increased afterwards by +X% per second.

• [AUGMENT OPTION 2: Kinetic Transfer] Telekinetic Slam transfers XX% of damage done to Nyx to the held enemy.

I like to think that Nyx's current theme allows her to lockdown the more dangerous foes so that she could use them later. It is currently done by using Mind Control, and I feel it could be done uniquely with this Telekinetic Slam.

I was going for a way to also take advantage of "repositioning" Nyx's Mind Control enemy so she could relocate her slave to a new location that needs protecting or taking care of. The damage the ability does is rather a placeholder until I rethink this ability more carefully. Though the idea of mindlessly throwing enemy units directly at others is something I felt a true psychic user should have.

Some will say this ability idea doesn't fit Nyx's theme (but then we have two mind-manipulating powers for Nyx, psychic blades, and an ability that has her use telekinesis to capture attacks and throw them back). I'd like to say that if Nyx, with Absorb, could use her psychic powers to manipulate and throw back enemy attacks, then I don't see any reason why being able to throw enemies around with psychic powers to be out of the question.

[NYX'S THIRD ABILITY CRITIQUE: CHAOS]

For a while now, Chaos has been considered a highlight of Nyx's ability set as a CC power and the Augment it has also makes the ability much more convenient to draw enemy attention away. However, I wanted to add a few optional additions to this ability:

•  

• [+ OPTION 1 Confused Enemies take Severe Damage] Chaos opens enemies more vulnerable to attacks by having Chaos affected enemies take XX% Extra Damage.

• [+ OPTION 2 Confused Enemies more Vulnerable to Melee] Chaos opens enemies vulnerable to Melee Finishers.

• [+ OPTION 3 Confused Enemies cannot focus on Ranged Attacks] Chaos reduces enemy accuracy.

I've come to ponder if Nyx's Chaos is not really a true CC ability. The is solely due to the fact that Chaos is what it is: spreading chaos and making enemies target EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. Some and others have defined Crowd Control abilities in Warframe to actually prevent damage by controlling a certain aspect of the enemy. In the situation with Chaos however, Nyx and her allies are still in danger of being targeted by the afflicted party. In some other perspective, I see Nyx's Chaos to be something but a non-damaging Radiation Syndicate proc.

In this scenario you can take either or neither. With how the game is now, there are Warframes with far more powerful CC than Nyx has now (ex Limbo Cataclysm + Stasis, Octavia Mallet, Gara Mass Vitrify, Volt Discharge, Hydroid Undertow, Khora Strangledome, Slow Equinox, etc.).

[NYX'S FOURTH ABILITY: ABSORB]

maxresdefault.jpg

I feel it is very unfair to compare Absorb to the abilities that could nuke a large area like Equinox's Maim and Volt's Discharge, but even those abilities while can nuke an area require certain conditions and work to do so. When it comes to Absorb I feel that everyone would simply move on from the base ability and just jump to the Augment [Assimilate] which gives Nyx the tanky God-mode status it has.

Absorb's Magnetic damage is not the only questionable portion of this ability, but the "10% of all incoming Magnetic damage can be absorbed" portion is  something I was scratching my head around. I understand why they did this change to prevent the two Nyx Absorb Exchange Combo back then, but that practice can still work with two Equinox's Mend & Main.

The ability also has a base range of 10 m max. Many of the 4th nuke abilities reach over 50% or more range than Absorb. So a Nyx without any Range Mods using [Assimilate] would be able to damage enemies 5 m away at no Range modding. The other troubling issue I see is that Absorb's "additional 8 energy drain for every 1000 damage that's absorbed" makes Absorb at base a very energy hungry ability with a relatively less than impressive damage output especially with the lower range it has. There is also the fact that Absorb has some noticeable falloff damage which is rather unflattering with the range of the explosion compared to most AOE attacks.

But having this ability draw in aggro and knockdown enemies if they aren't dead is a good thing. Though I feel this ability needs to take extra advantage of the aggro redirecting and the 1000 damage-energy-drain problem. In addition, I also feel Magnetic shouldn't be the only damage type Absorb should do:

•  

• [- Remove the Magnetic 10% effect of this ability]

• [- Remove Absorb's Falloff Damage?] Was reported that this was true in a Discord. Will need further testings on this.

• [+ Absorb has Free Degree Movement] Absorb now gains the ability to move freely in empty space including vertical movement (think Cloud Walker but with Nyx's base speed). This will not take any energy to move around.

• [+ Absorb Changes and Adapts to Damage Type] Absorb starting damage is Impact. HOWEVER: each attack on Absorb allows Absorb to add the damage type of that attack to the explosion of Absorb and will hold up to X amount of damage types (Thinking 4 to be a good set). When Absorb ends, the explosion damage of Absorb is evenly distributed among the damage types Absorb records. (Ex: After collecting 24k Absorb Damage and the damage types recorded were Impact+Slash+Puncture+Heat, the damage Absorb will do will be 6k Impact + 6k Slash + 6k Puncture + 6k Heat).

• [+ OPTIONAL 1k Energy Drain Buff] Each time Absorb drains the extra 8 Energy for every 1000 damage absorbed, it improves Absorb's Explosion Damage by X.X.

• [+ OPTIONAL Turning Absorb into a Damaging Barrier ] Absorb's orbiting energy now damages enemies. The damage it does is the same as the damage points Absorb collects. Ending the ability will still cause the explosion.

Nyx, especially in teams, may not get to fully take advantage of non-Augment power of Absorb that much (unless her teammates would attack Absorb to compensate). But having Absorb be moveable gives Nyx much more control as to where she would want to nuke an area.

The "Absorb Damage Adaptation" was to extend the limits of the damage Nyx's Absorb could do. So in this variant of Absorb, you aren't confined to only using Magnetic Damage but can use other damage types as well. After all, Absorb is basically Nyx collecting all the projectiles thrown at her and throwing them back for extra measure.

The OPTIONAL energy drain = damage spike is to simply encourage Nyx to prolong the use of Absorb outside of just relying on Assimilate so much. While Assimilate in this Absorb variant benefits from the multi-damage type and allowing the ground movement and attacking with weapons, Absorb allows for more vertical movement and longer range.

The OPTIONAL idea of turning Absorbs circular dome into a damaging barrier was something I discussed prior to a comment saying how Absorb as it is now feels "uncontributing". I looked into how Nezha's Warding Halo could defend and attack at the same time. I thought to myself since Nyx is taking in projectiles that she could have those projectiles orbit around her with her psychic powers to use the barrier as an offensive tool too.

LINK TO THE REDDIT VERSION OF NYX REWORK DISCUSSION

[ADDITIONAL REWORK THOUGHTS/FEEDBACK]

• [Assimilate Speed Improve] Assimilate allows normal maneuverability.

• [Passive: Mind Scrambler - Credit r/L3gionary_Hunt3r] Enemies have reduced Accuracy the closer they are to Nyx. Max range for this passive's effect is up to XX m and enemy Accuracy can be reduced by XX% max when less than X m from Nyx.

• [Passive: Evasive Read - Credit r/L3gionary_Hunt3r] Nyx gains +X% Evasion for each enemy XX m from Nyx.

• [Passive: Nightmare] Nyx has a XX% chance to flash a brief illusion distraction at enemies that are XX m from her which causes an enemy attack to be a XX self-damage stagger instead.

• [Chaos: Self-Damage Addon] Enemies under Chaos effect can sometimes have an attack they act on turn into a self-damaging effect dealing XXX Impact with 100% proc.

Edited by FoxFX

I have yet to discuss if there could be some sort of interaction between Mind Control and Chaos. I have considered thinking of what effect could happen if a Mind Control target were to be near a Chaos affected enemy or killed one, what could happen. However, I felt it would be too much of a hassle to discuss that topic so I left it as is.

As a matter of point, the [Assimilate] Mod actually removes the extra energy drain from damage. Which makes you last quite a long time if you mod for efficiency and duration. I think I got down to a max of .6 energy per second. Granted the damage range is insanely low, but you take some and lose some.

This is actually pretty good man.  I like the Telekinetic slam idea.  If I were to make a suggestion how about some synergy with Absorb?  Say for instance you make Absorb castable on enemies, then you could toss them at enemies with Telekinetic Slam for some kind of special effect such straight damage, knockdowns, spread Chaos more etc.

Also for your passive I would take the bottom one and combine it with one of the two above.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

This is actually pretty good man.  I like the Telekinetic slam idea.  If I were to make a suggestion how about some synergy with Absorb?  Say for instance you make Absorb castable on enemies, then you could toss them at enemies with Telekinetic Slam for some kind of special effect such straight damage, knockdowns, spread Chaos more etc.

Also for your passive I would take the bottom one and combine it with one of the two above.

What are your thoughts on the Hypnosis Nyx Passive?

Edited by FoxFX

5 hours ago, FoxFX said:

What are your thoughts on the Hypnosis Nyx Passive?

While I like the concept I think the problem would be scaling at higher level, because with how short range it is without Assimilate or whatever the name of the Absorb augment is you'd risk dying a lot once the mobs start fighting back.

9 hours ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

While I like the concept I think the problem would be scaling at higher level, because with how short range it is without Assimilate or whatever the name of the Absorb augment is you'd risk dying a lot once the mobs start fighting back.

I've thought about your suggestion to have an Absorb synergy with something and I have talked it over with a couple of people.

I originally wanted a different effect for Chaos which I though could translate well with the Absorb idea I presented. However I didn't due to many players claiming that Chaos is too powerful of a CC ability (though I am skeptical about that now).

The idea was:

Chaos instead becomes an aura (follows Nyx) that will cause enemies that enter it to be confused.

• The effect of this Chaos lingers for XX seconds if an enemy leaves the aura.
  • The augment of Chaos would then allow enemies that are killed under Chaos's effect to pulse a radial Chaos wave
  • [Other Augment Option] Chaos's Augment doubles the range of Chaos, but will quickly be reducing its radius to its base radius

As for how this could work with the new Absorb I made:

• Chaos could be activated while Nys is in the Absorb state
  • If Absorb and Chaos are both activated, It creates a "Chaotic Absorb"
    • Reduces the Chaos Aura to the size of Absorb's radius
    • Absorb's explosion causes enemies hit to be affected by Chaos

This was initially the plan I was going to present.

Edited by FoxFX

I love this rework! Of course after reading the whole thing i realize who posted it so i shouldn't be surprised. Lol

Nyx was my original main, which i bought right after starting. As time progressed though she started falling behind, mechanically speaking. I still use her regularly, but of course i do feel Assimilate is essential to keep her relevant in her current state only because of added functionality.

Psi-Ops is one of my all time favorite games, so i appreciate the source of inspiration. 

En 9/7/2018 a las 2:14, FoxFX dijo:

[+ Prolonging Mind Control and Strengthening the Hold] Nyx can hold down the Mind Control ability to reset the Duration (or add a few seconds) of Mind Control so the player can keep the enemy they prefer having around.

This would allow players to troll heavily on defense. Any idea on how to counter this? I would say simply considering the enemy an ally if he is affected by Mind Control.

I also think Nyx shouldn't be able to move while Absorb is activated without Assimilate.

Besides those two points, I love everything.

24 minutes ago, BasKy said:

This would allow players to troll heavily on defense.

I read an interesting fix for this on another thread. 

When the enemy has received lethal amounts of damage it automatically drops its loot and is now considered more like a specter or friendly npc like sand clones. 

It would free things up for defense waves.

10 hours ago, BasKy said:

This would allow players to troll heavily on defense. Any idea on how to counter this? I would say simply considering the enemy an ally if he is affected by Mind Control.

I also think Nyx shouldn't be able to move while Absorb is activated without Assimilate.

Having the Mind Control enemies be treated as allies is one possible fix. There is also another possibility to consider:

Since Mind Control enemies delay the damage they receive from friendly-fire player attacks, there could be a clause to have each time Nyx resets the Mind Control duration to also apply the damage that was delayed as well. If the enemy is killed by doing so, the energy used to reset the Mind Control duration is refunded.

As for Absorb, I did this to avoid a Nyx player feeling they aren't using Absorb's potential to the fullest especially if they use it in team combat where it is guaranteed the enemy will focus more on the attackers instead of Absorb. Though I think it is possible to increase Absorb's threat to the point the enemies will only target Absorb, the other idea I thought of was to have Absorb pulses of damage each second based on the total damage absorbed.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I love this rework! Of course after reading the whole thing i realize who posted it so i shouldn't be surprised. Lol

Nyx was my original main, which i bought right after starting. As time progressed though she started falling behind, mechanically speaking. I still use her regularly, but of course i do feel Assimilate is essential to keep her relevant in her current state only because of added functionality.

Psi-Ops is one of my all time favorite games, so i appreciate the source of inspiration. 

The concept behind Psi-Ops was one I found very fascinating. It was a very underrated in my opinion.

22 hours ago, BasKy said:

those enemies could be just treated as "non-essential" if they have mind control cast on them. 

As far as I remember Hyekkas/Dracks received the same treatment and now waves advance even with them alive.

Passive
As written, this passive would be OP, easily the most powerful in the game. Sleep and daze would both be incredible as an at-will on-aiming ability.

The concept, however, is fantastic, totally in keeping with the theme. I would recommend narrowing the cone and reducing the effect to a cold proc (or something equivalent, like a very narrowly focused MoPrime) that lasts only as long as you maintain your aim. If what you're trying to emulate (as this is what came to mind) is something of a sort of Xavier or Dark Phoenix character narrowing their eyes at an attacker who then struggles to move towards them, I think it's one of the coolest suggestions I've seen.

Mind Control
This seems to be combining Mind Control with the renewable-ness of something like Frost's Snowglobe. Assuming you're giving the full energy cost each reset, and with how vulnerable single enemies (like shield ospreys) can be, a single Mind Controlled enemy will end up being a lot of investment, investment which will go up in smoke when they're eventually killed. I would suggest that the reset should also apply to the enemy's health, either restoring all of its HP and shields, or a % based on power strength. The augment could then take over the duties of the damage buffs (both the xx% and the 10% per reset) for people who want to emphasize damage (like MCing Bursas, Bombards, Gunners, Sapping Ospreys), whereas the base could be more useful for utility (Healers, Shield Ospreys, or the venerable Roller, to name a few).

Psychic Bolts
Overall great, and I think Mind Control resetting the health would help with synergy here, too, as you could reset an enemy "Ally," to max their health, then pick up and throw them at for improved multiplier damage on impact (the damage being based on their health).

Chaos
Reduced enemy accuracy and vulnerable to finishers, on top of the base rad-proc type effect, would be useful enough to make it more relevant, but the damage effect multiplier is a bit much, I think.

Absorb
I like the idea of mirroring absorbed damage types, but otherwise unsure how to feel about the rest of its changes.

Final Thoughts:

Keeps in theme, produces new synergies, while making Nyx much more useful without also making her more directly powerful. The rework also adds some much-needed telekinetic/telepathic flavor. Good work.

Edited by GreenVajene

8 hours ago, GreenVajene said:

Passive
As written, this passive would be OP, easily the most powerful in the game. Sleep and daze would both be incredible as an at-will on-aiming ability.

The concept, however, is fantastic, totally in keeping with the theme. I would recommend narrowing the cone and reducing the effect to a cold proc (or something equivalent, like a very narrowly focused MoPrime) that lasts only as long as you maintain your aim. If what you're trying to emulate (as this is what came to mind) is something of a sort of Xavier or Dark Phoenix character narrowing their eyes at an attacker who then struggles to move towards them, I think it's one of the coolest suggestions I've seen. 

Mind Control
This seems to be combining Mind Control with the renewable-ness of something like Frost's Snowglobe. Assuming you're giving the full energy cost each reset, and with how vulnerable single enemies (like shield ospreys) can be, a single Mind Controlled enemy will end up being a lot of investment, investment which will go up in smoke when they're eventually killed. I would suggest that the reset should also apply to the enemy's health, either restoring all of its HP and shields, or a % based on power strength. The augment could then take over the duties of the damage buffs (both the xx% and the 10% per reset) for people who want to emphasize damage (like MCing Bursas, Bombards, Gunners, Sapping Ospreys), whereas the base could be more useful for utility (Healers, Shield Ospreys, or the venerable Roller, to name a few). 

Psychic Bolts
Overall great, and I think Mind Control resetting the health would help with synergy here, too, as you could reset an enemy "Ally," to max their health, then pick up and throw them at for improved multiplier damage on impact (the damage being based on their health). 

Chaos
Reduced enemy accuracy and vulnerable to finishers, on top of the base rad-proc type effect, would be useful enough to make it more relevant, but the damage effect multiplier is a bit much, I think. 

Absorb
I like the idea of mirroring absorbed damage types, but otherwise unsure how to feel about the rest of its changes.

Final Thoughts:

Keeps in theme, produces new synergies, while making Nyx much more useful without also making her more directly powerful. The rework also adds some much-needed telekinetic/telepathic flavor. Good work. 

I could add the suggestion of having Nyx passive create a "laser pointer" that could do the Hypnosis effect.

For Chaos, I was thinking of making enemies under this effect to also have a % chance to damage themselves whenever they attack.

For Absorb, I was thinking of the "Unstable Absorb" option where the ability would pulse waves each second damaging enemies. The whole idea was to make Absorb feel more contributing in this rework.

Thanks for the feedback.

3 hours ago, FoxFX said:

I could add the suggestion of having Nyx passive create a "laser pointer" that could do the Hypnosis effect.

For Chaos, I was thinking of making enemies under this effect to also have a % chance to damage themselves whenever they attack.

For Absorb, I was thinking of the "Unstable Absorb" option where the ability would pulse waves each second damaging enemies. The whole idea was to make Absorb feel more contributing in this rework.

Thanks for the feedback.

You might wanna consider giving Mind Control infinite duration but it takes the target out of the enemy pool permanently-essentially turning them into a specter.

Either way it just needs something to reduce trolling.

10 hours ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

You might wanna consider giving Mind Control infinite duration but it takes the target out of the enemy pool permanently-essentially turning them into a specter.

Either way it just needs something to reduce trolling. 

There was a time where Mind Control enemies were not immune to friendly fire. While having them immune to friendly CC is one way to go, I think bringing that friendly fire back to Mind Control could also help along with the damage gain based on their Max HP + Shield + Armor. It may even be beneficial if the enemy under Mind Control is ever killed while the ability is active to refund portion of the Energy back to the Nyx.

I guess it depends on the situation.

Edited by FoxFX

I've added the additional suggestion of having enemies under Chaos's effect also have a chance to turn an attack they initiate into a self-damage Impact proc. Not too sure on ow much damage it should do however.

9 hours ago, NudePony said:

nyx need love ^^

I am certain she will receive it. She has not been touched for quite a while, and the previous changes they did were to solve an old situation which is can still be practiced and is irrelevant to stop now.

While I am away from my comp, I will add in the pulsating Absorb idea based on a Discord chat discussion that had one person say Absorb at base feels less contributing than most Warframe ultimates.

I'd like to suggest some new mechanics for Nyx's kit. Personally, I think they're just outdated because the newer abilities have several layers of mechanics on them.

- Mind Control: Let power strength modify the number of enemies you can mind control kind of like Vauban's Bastille.

- Psychic Bolts: I honestly don't remember what it does. I think it just deals radiation damage with a chance to disarm. The new effect that I'd want it to do is when you cast it on an enemy, that enemy gains a 10m AoE and all other enemies in that AoE are forced to target the enemy you cast this ability on. I'd love to use this on a boss.

- Chaos: To make it different from radiation procs, just make it so that all enemies affected by Chaos cannot target or damage your squad. They can just damage and target each other.

- Absorb: No change. People only really use Nyx for this ability with its mod.

Different idea:

Passive: Paranoia - Enemies damaged by friendly fire (by other enemies) receive double damage from all sources.

1) Mind Control: I agree that some form of damage boost is necessary. % of their health/armor is a good idea, though it's necessary to account fire rate.

Augment: Control Freak - teleport controlled enemy to target spot for extra 5 energy, +100% speed and +100% damage for 5 seconds to controlled enemy.

2) Blind spot: Enemies (and cameras) in 30 range wide cone ignore Nyx and other Frames unless attacked by them. Enemies still alerted by gunfire and corpses. One handed fast cast.

Augment: Blank mind - Unalerted enemies ignore gunfire/explosions and other enemies killed in front of them.

3) Chaos: Same as before - enemies attack each other and receive +100% damage from friendly fire.

Augment: Chaos sphere - Chaos becomes aura that follows Nyx  (similar to Silence or Maim)  with 50% range.

4) Absorb: Absorb sphere is unaffected by mods, explosion have bigger range. Friendly fire can charge Absorb, but for capped amount (similar to Nova antimater) and doesn't deplete extra energy.

Augment:Assimilate - same as before, except visually sphere have same size as Absorb (as it should be unaffected by mods).

Hypnotising enemies sound good but im not sure if it should be a passive and also as the previous one it decreases the efficiency of her other skills since dazed/sleeping/inaccurate enemies wont shoot.

I always thought that a telephatic link type passive would fit her well. For example:

Aiming at an enemy marks them with a telephatic link. Players not including Nyx deal 5% more damage to the marked target and also gain 10 energy and health on the first shot. Max 5 enemies can be marked.(not the best passive but offers just enough support to be worthy)

This one would be simply great:

1 hour ago, Erl-King said:

Passive: Paranoia - Enemies damaged by friendly fire (by other enemies) receive double damage from all sources.

Mind control overall needs to function better and get a damage scaling.

I would recommend that it should completely overwrite enemy AI and make the targeted enemy act like some sort of mirage clone. Always attacking depending on our current equipped weapon (melee= close range, secondary mid range stay near player, primary far range stay near player).

They should also be able to absorb Nyx skills for more utility, P.bolts would grant their weapons infinite punchtrought and bonus radiation damage, they would deal more damage to chaosed enemies based on the amount of enemies under the effect (+10% per affected enemy and +5 finisher per every 2 target affected) and finally when absorb should be castable on them to make the ability deal bonus damage equal to their total health.

P.Bolts need to be turned into something useful. Currently they offer little utility at high energy costs. I would suggest turning it into an aura skill what grants the ability for every nearby player to release 5 physics bolts (with their current stats) every time they attack with 5 sec cooldown.

It could also be replaced with something like madness, where enemies are forced to fight faintly visible illusions drastically decreasing their accuracy but each time they attack they damage themselves. When combined with chaos they also chain this self damage to nearby units ensuring that both self damage and their friendly fire damages them.

I dont recommend the push, pull effect since we have mag for that. It would be lame if we would get a frame skill what is just the upgrade of mags skill.

Chaos is fine, as fast as we get rid of the original passive it will be good. Thought it could use some damage buff, like each ally deals +5% random elemental damage for every enemy under chaos effect.

Absorb needs double range atleast and it will be fine.