Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe NSW, who else is ready to start from scratch?

For some strange, sick reason I'm actually looking forward to starting Warframe from the beginning.

Because you know Sony isn't going to let its Warframe players transfer their PS4 account to the Nintendo Switch.

So as Reggie Fils-Aime says, "my body is ready" to start Warframe from the beginning.

Im a PC player and was talking to a friend last night we both liked the idea but in the End decided if we an make a copy of our current accounts as its seems will be the case so we don't have to start from scratch that is what we are going to do as some things are vaulted now and we are assuming they still will be on the switch side and with no market would not be able to purchase them from other players.

So yeah being able to continue playing on PC and just start with a leg up on switch is what we opted to do.

I really wanna play Warframe on my Nintendo Switch, but as it stands I strongly refuse to start over.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I broke the $1k spending accolade on my PC account. Would love an account copy/migration over to Switch just to mitigate the "oomph" feeling I get at the thought of starting completely from scratch. 😞

14 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

I really wanna play Warframe on my Nintendo Switch, but as it stands I strongly refuse to start over.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I broke the $1k spending accolade on my PC account. Would love an account copy/migration over to Switch just to mitigate the "oomph" feeling I get at the thought of starting completely from scratch. 😞

They confirmed that is what will be available for the first month after release a copy option so you will make a new switch account and you will have the option to make a carbon copy of your PC account once.

Edited by KeladorUK

I think it will be an evolution to be able to play on the go on Switch with our current account. I won't want to be stuck on a handheld for a game that never ends. Not to mention if the game survived longer than the game system itself. lol

I'm gonna play it on my switch.  I'm just gonna play as a true F2P just to see what it's like.  I've probably spent well over 1K on my PS4 account over the years.  I wanna see how different and challenging never buying anything and having to earn play through trading is.

43 minutes ago, KeladorUK said:

They confirmed that is what will be available for the first month after release a copy option so you will make a new switch account and you will have the option to make a carbon copy of your PC account once.

Yayyyy time to be a Tenno both at home and on the go!

See this here just goes to show why Sony chose not to allow cross-play etc. What's stopping you from transferring to the objectively better PC version? It's a smart decision on their part even if people don't like it. Plus there's also the issue of copyright and exclusives. Sony pays out of their own pocket to give you free packs, games etc which are worth far more than your actual PS+ subscription. Some of these items are Sony exclusive. Especially with games like Fortnite that have exclusive Sony skins etc. Going full cross play would give platforms cause to sue each other for using their exclusive content. It's too much of a landmine to allow. 

Games like Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn get away with crossplay because the game is completely independent of the Sony network. All sales are done through Square Enix. Sony only sees digital game sales so there is no issue with them choosing to allow crossplay. So when you consider this the real issue is Digital Extremes. Sony technically couldn't stop Digital Extremes going crossplay if DE hadn't made exclusivity deals. It's the fact they are so heavily linked to PSN and chose to take Sony money for exclusives that they can't go crossplay. As Sony leads the market by a massive margin I can see why they chose to be protectionist. They don't gain anything going crossplay as a market leader but every other platform does.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)RaidenStorm888 said:

They don't gain anything going crossplay as a market leader but every other platform does.

Denying crossplay and locking third party game accounts to the Sony ecosystem is anti-consumer.

When the PS5 and Xbox Scarlet are released in two or three years, gamers will remember how stubborn Sony has been on the topic.

Personally, I'm already leaning towards a Scarlet over a PS5 because of all the crossplay nonsense with Sony.

1 hour ago, (PS4)RaidenStorm888 said:

See this here just goes to show why Sony chose not to allow cross-play etc. What's stopping you from transferring to the objectively better PC version? It's a smart decision on their part even if people don't like it. Plus there's also the issue of copyright and exclusives. Sony pays out of their own pocket to give you free packs, games etc which are worth far more than your actual PS+ subscription. Some of these items are Sony exclusive. Especially with games like Fortnite that have exclusive Sony skins etc. Going full cross play would give platforms cause to sue each other for using their exclusive content. It's too much of a landmine to allow. 

Games like Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn get away with crossplay because the game is completely independent of the Sony network. All sales are done through Square Enix. Sony only sees digital game sales so there is no issue with them choosing to allow crossplay. So when you consider this the real issue is Digital Extremes. Sony technically couldn't stop Digital Extremes going crossplay if DE hadn't made exclusivity deals. It's the fact they are so heavily linked to PSN and chose to take Sony money for exclusives that they can't go crossplay. As Sony leads the market by a massive margin I can see why they chose to be protectionist. They don't gain anything going crossplay as a market leader but every other platform does.

Tennogen for plat crushes anything better in pc version if given the choice I'd still never switch. I'd encourage my pc friends to come to ps4.