Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Eranio2010 said:

but their solution is stupid because they now reward everyone and there are certainly people who get him then 2 times

Not exactly, they said only people that didn't get Ash Prime from the stream will get it now

" and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! "

Edited by Kitessencial

2 minutes ago, Zamte said:

There is no expiration. It's a script. It's going to go through the database, one account at a time, check to see if the account is eligible and, if it is, distribute an item. Whenever it gets to your account, if you're eligible, you'll get Ash Prime. If, at that point you are not eligible, you will not get Ash Prime and it will continue on to the next person.

I don't know if the order is based on some account number key value, on alphabetical account names, alphabetical e-mails, account creation date, etc, so I can't say how long you have until your account is checked, but you only have the one opportunity.

oh so if i logged into it like last month or so, does it still count or is it only 7 days? It might be a rip for me tho... HMMMMMMMM

Edited by (PS4)TheBoostGamer_32

il y a 9 minutes, Xkilla3 a dit :

They could've given it to nobody.

Yeah, that's what I assumed they were going to do in the first place, honestly. Not that hard to sweep the backlash under a rug.

il y a 10 minutes, Zamte a dit :

While I agree that it's not perfect, there's a very high cost to distributing to every account, given that they probably have ten abandoned accounts for every one that is actively played. If they set an arbitrary, longer cutoff like a month or six months instead, they'll get people who haven't played since last year but watched the stream and were inspired to come back. I know because I'm in a discord server with multiple such people.

Unfortunately, unless they want to end up having this script run for two straight months to cover everyone they're going to have to pick some cutoff that excludes some people.

Honestly, they shouldn't even need to comb through the database. Throw a script to run when somebody logs in, check to make sure it isn't one of the accounts that already received it from watching the stream, check to make sure it isn't a new account to prevent people abusing it, call the inbox event, flag the account so it skips the check on future log ins.

Remove the script a month later, and it gives people plenty of time. Still might not solve it for everybody, though.

It's still not ideal, because it would slow down the game horrendously when people log in initially, but they must already have a system of distributing something to everybody they can use.

Edited by amiserablerobot

1 minute ago, Eranio2010 said:

but their solution is stupid because they now reward everyone and there are certainly people who get him then 2 times

It's unlikely that anyone will get him twice. These sorts of events are going to have flag values that let them know someone already got a distribution, both to keep people from getting extra and also to make the script more efficient since it isn't having to do comparisons for values on an ineligible account. I would be very surprised if the first step of the script isn't to check the account for a flag that they already got their twitch drop.

It's also fairly irrelevant, because you can't use a second one, and you can't trade it or do anything else useful with it. If somehow they do get it twice, then the only benefit is a free warframe slot that's only worth 20p.

Thanks for being so generous, DE! Tennocon stream was amazing and I'm really looking forward to all the new stuff! 

I will wait to see when Ash Prime decides to sneak into my inbox!

Will you guys have the same themed beer cans at future Tennocons? I think that was an awesome idea, even though I don't drink beer. Hopefully I can attend Tennocon in person one day.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb megamino:

for me personally, i am happy that everyone finally gets ash prime... Also, for me i think even though this is not fair but given the reason by DE Rebecca i think it's ok for me...

How is it not fair? Well yes, those who did not even watch the stream will get him. But that is still better than like 10% getting it because they watched it and 90% got nothing because their script/server failed.

2 minutes ago, Eranio2010 said:

For you there's at most, a warframe slot at stake here. Something, that if you weren't acting so spoiled, you could kindly ask for in this forum and someone would probably be glad to help you out. Instead you're kicking your feet because some people might get more "free" than you.

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Kitessencial:

Not exactly, they said only people that didn't get Ash Prime from the stream will get it now

" and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! "

Well, if you had a list who would have seen then you would not need a script which all those who were online for the past 7 days received Ash prime now

Just now, Eranio2010 said:

Well, if you had a list who would have seen then you would not need a script which all those who were online for the past 7 days received Ash prime now

All those online for the past 7 days that have a twitch account linked.

2 minutes ago, amiserablerobot said:

Yeah, that's what I assumed they were going to do in the first place, honestly. Not that hard to sweep the backlash under a rug.

Honestly, they shouldn't even need to comb through the database. Throw a script to run when somebody logs in, check to make sure it isn't one of the accounts that already received it, check to make sure it isn't a new account to prevent people abusing it, call the inbox event.

Remove the script a month later, and it gives people plenty of time. Still might not solve it for everybody, though.

The problem is that the database can't push the client to do things, so a script on the database side can't do that, or at least it couldn't the last time I worked with these sort of databases. Which means to do that they'd need to push a client patch to add a call to a script to happen at login. That's fine for PC, but means delays for console players who would likely have to wait for Sony/Microsoft's teams, and possibly a patch fee, assuming they still do those.