Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!

[DE]Rebecca

Will it count for having logged in over the mobile app?  I'm on vacation so I watched the stream but haven't played in well over 7 days, but used the mobile app several times for extractors.  Technically I've been logging in. :)

Hi DE - not sure whether you will see this, since there are SO many posts, but I want to write to say thank you for sorting out the script so fast for Ash Prime (he has arrived!) - he is the 'icing on the cake' after the enthralling live stream that was full of delicious content.

Thank you DE 🙂

Perhaps instead of sending the twitch data directly to the warframe servers you should send it to a server that simply records the data, then you can have the warframe server read that data at whatever rate it can handle, it might take longer for people to receive drops but it would be a lot more reliable and it would also make it easier to debug issues with the drops.

I'm actually really new to Warframe (just downloaded a week ago). But I'm surprised by 2 things:

1- The developers actually tell their players what happened. Sounds simple, but VERY few developers execute on this.

2- The solution is generous and leaves every player satisfied.

I'm very impressed by these things, and they tell me I'll probably enjoy warframe for a long long time. Good job!

And to put my wallet where my mouth is, expect my support when the next Prime Vault drops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AusSkiller said:

Thank you DE 🙂

Perhaps instead of sending the twitch data directly to the warframe servers you should send it to a server that simply records the data, then you can have the warframe server read that data at whatever rate it can handle, it might take longer for people to receive drops but it would be a lot more reliable and it would also make it easier to debug issues with the drops.

Im guessing that the twitch server was probably also sending the names in chat... And holy crap was the chat room just absolutely full of people spamming utter nonsense --- it was really awful to see those people acting like that.

I absolutely understand people who were asking questions or making comments it all you could see every second was

!ashprime

!ashprime

Over and over from people. It really caused the chat on twitch to be absolutely unusable. Now if twitch was sending all those messages to the Warframe database (though really usernames is all that ideally would be sent) --- then it's easy to see why they got overloaded. 

Just to clarify, if I've watched the Twitch stream while I was away from home, and have not logged in the past 7 days and will not be logging in the following week, does it mean I will not get the Ash Prime? Ive only logged in the mobile client. Thanks in advance.

Edited by sebastian0914
Needed some extra information for reclarification