Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!

[DE]Rebecca

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Evil McFluffins said:

Im guessing that the twitch server was probably also sending the names in chat... And holy crap was the chat room just absolutely full of people spamming utter nonsense --- it was really awful to see those people acting like that.

I absolutely understand people who were asking questions or making comments it all you could see every second was

!ashprime

!ashprime

Over and over from people. It really caused the chat on twitch to be absolutely unusable. Now if twitch was sending all those messages to the Warframe database (though really usernames is all that ideally would be sent) --- then it's easy to see why they got overloaded. 

You must be new to twitch, 500k + viewers there is no way chat will be useable.

I was on vacation, so I wasn’t able to log in to the actual game, but I was able to log into the companion app. I did however watch the whole stream. Will I still get ash prime or will I be disqualified from the give away? If I was that’s ok I would just like for this to be cleared up to me. Thank you to whomever responds!

I have never found a single other developer who does so much for their community.
We love you all so much.
Thank you :heart:

1 minute ago, AusSkiller said:

Thank you DE 🙂

Perhaps instead of sending the twitch data directly to the warframe servers you should send it to a server that simply records the data, then you can have the warframe server read that data at whatever rate it can handle, it might take longer for people to receive drops but it would be a lot more reliable and it would also make it easier to debug issues with the drops.

If the pipe between Twitch and DE is push only from Twitch, which could be the case since DE has suggested that its server(s) were overwhelmed, DE would need to have a capable server/cluster whether that was configured as the actual target or as staging, and it seems as though DE doesn't have that in place for the load seen at the weekend. IF this speculation is correct (and it may not be), DE upgrading capacity to cope with a peak load that will happen only once a year might be unjustifiably expensive. Having said that, DE is on a roll right now so the player base and number of people taking part in Twitch Drops may only keep increasing... and goodwill is valuable. What do you think on all this? 

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! 

Edit:

Script is in progress and should be done within 2-6 hours on all platforms!

SCRIPT IS DONE! 

Where is my Ash Prime? 😞 I logged into warframe in the past 7 days, linked twitch prime account, waited for 2 days, and watched the entire tennocon stream, but there's nothing in my inbox!!! 😠 And before you ask, yes I did try exiting and reopening everything. That's all that I've been doing for the past couple of hours.

Edited by Fire_Wings

So I was wondering, I was away but played warframe earlier today. Will that count in order to get Ash Prime? I really want him and was sad I wasn't in an area with internet to be able to get on otherwise.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What happens if you have almost half-a-million people watching TennoLive and many of them expecting a Twitch Drop?

Well, the answer is kind of complicated, but you've waited long enough for some closure so please read this quick post for the dirty details:

a) We had many more people watching than anticipated and our servers could not keep up with the data coming from Twitch.
b) Since we cannot turn back time, we have no way of knowing who was actually watching.
c) We have a very generous solution in spite of b).

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! 

We will let you know when the script is finished, should be some time this week!

Thank you. 

Edit:

SCRIPT IS DONE! 

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What happens if you have almost half-a-million people watching TennoLive and many of them expecting a Twitch Drop?

Well, the answer is kind of complicated, but you've waited long enough for some closure so please read this quick post for the dirty details:

a) We had many more people watching than anticipated and our servers could not keep up with the data coming from Twitch.
b) Since we cannot turn back time, we have no way of knowing who was actually watching.
c) We have a very generous solution in spite of b).

We will let you know when the script is finished, should be some time this week!

Thank you. 

Edit:

SCRIPT IS DONE! 

I didnt get Ash :