Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level 40+

Zavius_Firerave

Question

So I just recently started playing Warframe again and just finished The Sacrifice quest. I can still do Lv.30-40 missions quite ok with the right loadout but Lv.40+ just seems impossible. I have only used my forma once for a weapon and it's my Soma Prime. Should I wait for Baro Ki'teer to come again and get some primed mods for these higher level missions or something? What are the minimum requirements to do sorties?

The warframes that I have are:

1. Excalibur
  2. Frost Prime
  3. Volt
  4. Trinity Prime
  5. Mesa
  6. Rhino
  7. Mirage Prime
  8. Valkyr Prime
  9. Loki
  10. Ember
  11. Zephyr (in foundry)
  12. Nyx (in foundry)

13 answers to this question

1/ do you have a reliable Riven mod ?

2/ do you know about the Quick Thinking + Rage mod combo ?

3/ have you try using Maiming Strike on melee actually nevermind this is cancer and gonna ruin yours squadmate gameplay

4/ have you try out Mesa or Saryin actually nvm this too, you already got Mesa and im sure the 2 pair of power house can easily ruin other people K/D in your squad

5/ maybe because you need to grind some more

Edited by Doforcash

2 minutes ago, Zavius_Firerave said:

So I just recently started playing Warframe again and just finished The Sacrifice quest. I can still do Lv.30-40 missions quite ok with the right loadout but Lv.40+ just seems impossible. I have only used my forma once for a weapon and it's my Soma Prime. Should I wait for Baro Ki'teer to come again and get some primed mods for these higher level missions or something? What are the minimum requirements to do sorties?

The warframes that I have are:

1. Excalibur
  2. Frost Prime
  3. Volt
  4. Trinity Prime
  5. Mesa
  6. Rhino
  7. Mirage Prime
  8. Valkyr Prime
  9. Loki
  10. Ember
  11. Zephyr (in foundry)
  12. Nyx (in foundry)

You already have all of the right frames for basically any situation so it shouldn't be a problem. I only have Umbra and Loki P ranked and the weapons I use are the Dread, Lex P and the Galatine and I can do most of them easy enough. The only sorties that I struggle with are Assassinations because I can't one-shot them but they can one-shot me. Interceptions are pretty difficult for me but I find a good strategy to be to capture all towers as soon as possible and whenever someone tries to take it I ground slam and reset the countdown

You can absolutely do everything on the starchart and any sortie really without primed mods. It's more important to make sure you have the best mods and setup for your chosen weapons/frames, and know how and when to use which equipment. It'll take a little time to get used to the flow and brutality of some sorties, but they are not overall that bad once you get a few of the tougher ones under your belt (looking at you Sortie 3 Ambulas with elemental radiation modifier). 

If you need assistance with builds for your frames or your weapons or even specific suggestions for certain situations, this community is a great resource and generally has a lot of helpful people. You can feel free to message me any time here on the forums or in-game and I will help however I can, and I also suggest checking out some of the popular Warframe YouTube channels for decent pointers. TacticalPotato, MCGamerCZ, and Brozime are three that I've had a lot of luck getting good information from and they all are pretty on top of updates and strategies as they arrive in game. 

1 minute ago, Zavius_Firerave said:

So I guess, I should work on my mods and forma, then?

Basically. Maybe look around for some more up-to-date weapon (Soma isn't what it used to be), put five forma on them, put two forma on your favourite warframe, and you'll be good to do sorties without problems.

26 minutes ago, Zavius_Firerave said:

So I guess, I should work on my mods and forma, then?

Ideally yes. There are tons of great YouTube videos that show current builds for weapons and frames. Even warframe-builder is a great resource. As stated, Soma isn't what it used to be and I'd suggest getting a beam weapon(amprex bis) and a shotgun(tigris p bis) to amp up your weaponry. Formaing these will help you exponentially in higher content. Even getting a sniper is helpful as those do a ton of damage if you are comfortable using them. 

As for frames, pick what fits your playstyle and forma that. For example: I play mostly Octavia, I have 2 main builds that fit the various mission types with a third as my testing ground. 

Hope this helps!

For the frames you have Frost Prime was the one I first used extensively to get through higher level content. The snow globe made for a nice little "foxhole" I could use to avoid enemy damage while picking them off.

You definitely need to forma though, and make sure you have reactors and catalysts installed in anything you're using for higher level content.

On 2018-07-10 at 12:17 AM, Doforcash said:

1/ do you have a reliable Riven mod ?

2/ do you know about the Quick Thinking + Rage mod combo ?

3/ have you try using Maiming Strike on melee actually nevermind this is cancer and gonna ruin yours squadmate gameplay

4/ have you try out Mesa or Saryin actually nvm this too, you already got Mesa and im sure the 2 pair of power house can easily ruin other people K/D in your squad

5/ maybe because you need to grind some more

Sorry, I just read your post.

1. No. I've only got 2. Baza and Dokhram.

2. No. I just checked them out. It seems impossible to get without spending plat.

3. Haven't got that mod yet either.

4. I really want to be able to use my Mesa since I actually bought her with plat but she's too power hungry. I guess I should get some of the corrupted mods first. Will she be able to survive the level 100 assassination missions with the Quick Thinking Rage combo?

5. I guess I do.

Your true power comes from mods. Upgrade them as much as possible, but please note that maxing R10 mods is not needed, R8 will suffice.

Weapons that have at least 20% crit and/or 20% status chance are worth keeping - potatoed and formad.