The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to sell the Skiajati

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Skiajati is required for the final part of The Sacrifice, I'd say that's a solid enough reason to not be allowed to sell it, or Umbralibur, for that matter.

Is it? I really don't know, because I didn't consider changing weapon for that part.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

(And as for afterwards, I guess there'd be a problem if you wanted to replay the Quest, so ... there ya go.) 

My question still remains, but if it did, then making Skiajati available somewhere else would solve this.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I don't collect weapons.

It's just taking up space, I have no intention to use the weapon, and I keep only the weapons I actually use.

There isn't any content in the game that requires a Nikana, and even if there was, there are other Nikanas in the game as well.

I've sold other one-time only weapons (Azima, Zenistar, Broken Scepter), knowing full well I can't get them back, and I don't regret a single bit. Not everyone likes saving "just in case" items.

You have no intention to use the weapon... YET! Just you damn well wait until you are being overrun be legions of Sentients in the new war. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

They're not just faction damage mods, they're also umbra mods...better than their base versions.

That's debatable. If we're talking Umbra warframe mods, they are great and can compare to prime versions (if vitality, intensify, and steel fiber had one anyway), but the Umbra weapon mods are pretty lesser. Sacrificial Pressure is weaker than the prime version even after the set bonus is counted, and I don't think the 33% anti-Sentient damage justifies that.

1 hour ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I don't collect weapons.

It's just taking up space, I have no intention to use the weapon, and I keep only the weapons I actually use.

There isn't any content in the game that requires a Nikana, and even if there was, there are other Nikanas in the game as well.

I've sold other one-time only weapons (Azima, Zenistar, Broken Scepter), knowing full well I can't get them back, and I don't regret a single bit. Not everyone likes saving "just in case" items.

This boggles my mind. You and I have completely opposite ideas about weapon storage/management. I've got every available weapon in the game and frequently swap between them just for the heck of it. I couldn't imagine wanting to get rid of things just to free up space (especially since most weapons require 1-3 forma to be semi-decent).

You can't sell this weapon or Excalibur Umbra. My bets are two-fold:
1: They're needed for future cinematics.
2: People would regret selling them in the future.

As for your dislike of Nikanas, I would suggest trying Blind Justice with it and focusing on using the block or charged attack movesets. Sure, it's not as fast as the spin2win meta which is the bane of many fingers and hands, but it's there. Not to mention it will turn you invisible on successful finisher kills, regardless of what Warframe's using it (meaning Inaros, Fatal-Teleport Ash, or any Warframe which can set enemies to an unalerted and finisher-exposed state, would be a go-to for this weapon).

Like with Umbra, and the Operator, it is a thing you will have to accept. Expect future Umbras and their exclusive weapons to share the same 'selling resistance'.

At the very worst, if one's account got hacked and the hacker was trying to sell everything then wasting all the credits, or trade the plat to themselves, one would still have Umbra and Skiajati.

2 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

For some reason, DE decided to lock this weapon in our arsenal. I sent a ticket to support and, according to support, the reason for this lock is to avoid accidental sales.

I get that some people might sell it by accident, but there are people who sell it because they DON'T WANT THAT WEAPON, knowing full well they can't get it back again.

Instead of forcing us to keep this weapon, it would be much better if the game had a confirmation message asking you to type in some code in order to sell such unique items. This would pretty much solve the problem of accidental sales without upsetting anyone.

You can't sell both the skijati and excalibur umbra and "accidental sells" means that we'd be required to have that item for an upcoming quest most likely being The New War.

Edited by hellodownthere

24 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

You can't sell both the skijati and excalibur umbra and "accidental sells" means that we'd be required to have that item for an upcoming quest most likely being The New War.

That's the most plausible reason I can think of. We'll have to wait and see if they can be sold afterwards.

Dont know why everyones so against TCs wanting to sell a useless weapon. While i collect everything i understand that when looking at this weapon i cant help but ignore its existence.

-But sentient faction damage!

We have been killing them forever and a half without needing some bogus +33% faction damage mods. There are many more powerful and builds that put sentients back to bed. 

-Just Ignore it, its there, end of story

While justifiable its not really an argument, DE has changed smaller things for less, this is triggering TCs OCD on some level, why is he not allowed to complain/ask for it to be removed.  By that logic people shouldn't have been allowed to complain about the hemelith virus infecting their frames.

-But why though?

But why not? He doesnt want it, doesnt like it, is willing to give up the slots to get rid of it, whats wrong with wanting?

On 2018-07-10 at 1:39 PM, (PS4)psycofang said:

Dont know why everyones so against TCs wanting to sell a useless weapon. While i collect everything i understand that when looking at this weapon i cant help but ignore its existence.

-But sentient faction damage!

We have been killing them forever and a half without needing some bogus +33% faction damage mods. There are many more powerful and builds that put sentients back to bed. 

-Just Ignore it, its there, end of story

While justifiable its not really an argument, DE has changed smaller things for less, this is triggering TCs OCD on some level, why is he not allowed to complain/ask for it to be removed.  By that logic people shouldn't have been allowed to complain about the hemelith virus infecting their frames.

-But why though?

But why not? He doesnt want it, doesnt like it, is willing to give up the slots to get rid of it, whats wrong with wanting?

"useless weapon" mega lol

On 2018-07-09 at 11:56 AM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

For some reason, DE decided to lock this weapon in our arsenal.

That's right unknown reasons. Probably preparing for more Umbra stuff or some special mission/quest that will require that specific weapon. I'm glad that Skiajati is locked, and hope they don't disappoint us.

Il y a 4 heures, Schzym a dit :

The weapon is pretty lackluster when you compare it to Nikana Prime

I want to sell it for that reason

Lackluster? Those are totaly different weapons. One is a crit-status hybrid (20% each) with a 1.08 attack speed and 95 base damage (90% Slash) while the other one is more status based (but still have a viable 15% base CC on top of its 27% SC) with a 1.17 attack speed at the cost of a 17.9 damage loss (and 78% Slash). 

Now, if you look further than just the stats, you'll see that  it has an innate 100% chance to make the player invisible for 5 sec on Finishers (which fits Exca's abilities as well as others, such as Valkyr, Inaros and Gara, Steel Meridan procs and even the Tranquil Cleave's kick with the pause combo).

Build wise, the higher attack speed of the Skiajati allows the player to build up the combo counter faster (better use of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds) as well as proc more often (better use of CO). The higher status chance allows more procs while making either dual stat elemental mods or Weeping Wounds less mandatory for a good CO build. 

On the other hand, the Nikana Prime has more base damage and crit potential as well as still being status viable. 

Is the Skiajati better than the Nikana Prime? Or is it the opposite?

A: Who gives a crap? Both are totaly viable and effective. We don't need "the best" weapon. What would be the point anyway? "Hey, I can kill level 1000 enemies 15 sec faster than you git gud Tenno scum."

Just pick the one you prefer and stop saying that this or that is better even tho both are equaly viable for the game's current content. Just because some people find it less effective than another weapon doesn't mean it's worthless to the point of having less value than a weapon slot (which is only worth 6 plat in case you're wondering). 

Selling the Skiajati because it's "lackluster" to the Nikana Prime is just like selling:

-Exca Prime because Umbra is "better";

-the Skana Prime because the Krohkur is "better";

-an extremely rare car because you have a faster one;

-etc.

But hey, what do I know. Non-Meta/Min-Maxers players (aka casuals who play for fun) are always wrong these days, everybody knows that. 

They probably made it unsellable because they wanted to give the player a story weapon and not a free weapon slot. I dont like katanas or would ever use skiajati, but it doesnt bother me that i have it because im not losing anything from it.

1 hour ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

a weapon slot is 6 plat. is that even worth opening a thread?

MAN, CREDITS!

Well, just imagine it isn't there. You've got it for free with a slot, you also get a lot of free slots through some juicy rewards. DE's free-to-play policy is so f-ing humble that you have no reason to request such a thing because of one weapon that is locked in your inventory. Maybe there's something about it in further quests.

Jeez, where do I start?

It's not just any weapon, it was heavily quest related and as is in many other games, such items are kept as memento.

Also, if you still didn't notice, warframe lore isn't ready, it's not like GoT, where we could read the books and know what would happen up to a certain point and extent.

Will the skiajati ever be needed? We don't know and probably nor does DE but they don't wanna hear whiny pleayers that deleted it by accident or players so full of themselves that block their feelings towards a special item and need to manifest it by deleting it rather than just not using it when they do, which is what a normal person would do.

That type of person that likes to complain or create a problem when there is none.

The personification of the motto 'There will always be someone to complain'.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

On 2018-07-09 at 10:49 AM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

No, you can't.

Luckily for me, I do collect warframes, but that's not a thing everyone in the game does.

Same. Even if I could sell umbra and the skiajati, I wouldn't. Why? Because they're unique items that the majority of players dont have. Why would you sell something you worked so hard for?

On 2018-07-13 at 2:10 AM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Selling the Skiajati because it's "lackluster" to the Nikana Prime is just like selling:

-Exca Prime because Umbra is "better";

-the Skana Prime because the Krohkur is "better";

-an extremely rare car because you have a faster one;

-etc.

All 3 of those items listed I'd have to pay for,

I didnt pay for a garbage nikana