Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Black Screen of Despair (for The Sacrifice)

(XBOX)Lord Xylum

I'll put it simply; The Sacrifice refuses to activate. I got into the codex, clicked on the mission, listen to the whispering audio bits, but every time I click on the helmet, my screen turns black, I wait a few seconds, and nothing happens. After awhile, I can even hear my fish in my aquarium and the pitter-patter of my Kavat.

Even the cinematic video from the codex doesn't load. Just more perpetual darkness. I've tried dozens of times and I don't even know where to start in regards to fixing it. And yes, I've completed every single quest including Apostasy Prologue up until this point with zero issues.

I've looked around on other forums and I have seen others with similar or identical issues. Please fix this soon if you can, I've been dying to play it.

• 1 month later...

Alright fellow brothers and sisters, I too experienced this dreadful bug, preventing me for experiencing several events from awesome story line. For most of them i was able to find a way around it... but not this one. So i tried a lot of stuff and finally today i found a solution, one that hopefully will bring joy to many others around the solar system.

This is what worked for me:
1) close the game
2) open the launcher and wait for updates (if any)
3) (stay in the launcher) on the top right corner (next to the close button) there should be a little clog that will give you access to a very small settings options previous to the game launching.
4) check both directx11 and directx10 (if they are unchecked)
5) do the mission efficiency thing if the message pops up (it will take some time, so go grab a drink or something.)
6) run the game normally and play your mission.

The black screen of despair should be gone.

Feel free to return to your previous settings after that 🙂  (of course the black screen will still haunt the same missions, but hopefully you wont need to do them again :))

Cheers!

Edited by Shaotic
Adding more detailed information