Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework the Limbo rework? - Stasis ability

LordDarthDan

Now that Limbo Prime is out (which has been one of my most anticipated Primes, to be honest, along with Zephyr) I decided to look at the frame again, and made a dreadful discovery: Stasis no longer stops my projectiles mid-air.

I know all too well why ths change has been made. It is in the nature of Warframe players to do stuff fast, and few would actually want to wait until Limbo turns off Stasis for their projectiles to hit. But to players like myself who preferred the system as it was before this change, it is terrible.

However, there is a very simple way to keep both parties happy: make Limbo's Stasis stop only Limbo's projectiles (be that his own or of any other Limbo who wishes to join in with the art of time freezing), and allow projectiles of less patient allies to pass through and deal damage as usual.

Another useful change someone already suggested would be to allow Limbo's Stasis to be toggled on or off the same way as Nekros' Desecrate. Sometimes it runs out before you turn it off, which causes some bugs with indication and all that. So I would suggest also adding a singular indicator for everyone (in the buffs row) to display when the Stasis is on. This would rise overall situational awareness of the team.

That's it for now, I'm eager to hear what people think about this and I really hope someone form DE will stumble upon this suggestion one day.

Over and out.

7 minutes ago, LordDarthDan said:

However, there is a very simple way to keep both parties happy: make Limbo's Stasis stop only Limbo's projectiles (be that his own or of any other Limbo who wishes to join in with the art of time freezing), and allow projectiles of less patient allies to pass through and deal damage as usual.

I liked some of the suggestions of making this a augment mod. This would allow it to stay how it is and whoever wants that can add it to the frame.

No it would be stupid to make it only affect limbo's shots.  If you want to make that an aug mod then fine i guess.

Yes, I miss making Stasis traps with my Lenz, but it would be stupid to gimp him just for style.

16 minutes ago, Insizer said:

No it would be stupid to make it only affect limbo's shots.  If you want to make that an aug mod then fine i guess.

Yes, I miss making Stasis traps with my Lenz, but it would be stupid to gimp him just for style.

Stopping limbos shots as an augment is a cool idea. It would certainly be a downgrade in terms of utility but would satisfy the people who miss it.

If it returns in the form of an augment, I hope to experiment with it also freezing Limbo's material plane gunfire so the barrage aspect can be even more potent. It should also only freeze the caster's shots, not for other Limbo's without the augment and their own Stasis activated.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Stopping limbos shots as an augment is a cool idea. It would certainly be a downgrade in terms of utility but would satisfy the people who miss it.

I mean it is better as an augment mod than as default.

The only downside in my mind is that there wouldnt be another stasis augment mod, one that potentially could do a lot.

I used Limbo on today's Raptor sortie assassination and it was great. You can pretty much do the same on most bosses. I tried it out on Ruk, Keyla, Vor, Lech Kril, Jackal, Hyenas, Ambulas. Some of them have attacks that get still get you like Vor meleeing you if you come too close or Ruk's AoE explosion but in most cases, their bullets stop in time while yours goes straight for them. Its amazing.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I used Limbo on today's Raptor sortie assassination and it was great. You can pretty much do the same on most bosses. I tried it out on Ruk, Keyla, Vor, Lech Kril, Jackal, Hyenas, Ambulas. Some of them have attacks that get still get you like Vor meleeing you if you come too close or Ruk's AoE explosion but in most cases, their bullets stop in time while yours goes straight for them. Its amazing.

God I hate that boss.

Warframe bosses are cancerous. Across the board they're pretty garbage. Either crappy invincibility or simply lame takedown mechanics. Raptor is certainly one of the worst offenders.

10 hours ago, tCartmant said:

I liked some of the suggestions of making this a augment mod. This would allow it to stay how it is and whoever wants that can add it to the frame.

That sounds fine with me, cause I think Stasis is finally perfect as it is and I don't really want my Limbo bullets stopped with Stasis anymore.

Well, Augment idea is nice, but the only problem I have with Augments is that they take up mod slots...

10 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Downgrade? Why?

To be completely honest, when they announced stasis would no longer stop allied projectiles I didn't think I'd miss it as much as I do.
So if it came back as an augment mod and had it's original base time still available I'd be happy. I'd be even happier if it only affected Limbo and none of his allies too. Setting up choke-point nukes with the lenz is just too much fun to pass up, honestly.

15 hours ago, Insizer said:

I agree with this. As much as i love Limbo and the way Stasis worked before it was purely style. 

I kill at a much faster rate now, it would definitely be a downgrade to bring it back as it was. Even if it existed in an augment the team would kill all your targets, and on solo you would just be down a mod slot with no actual benefit. The augment would have to include something else to make it worth anything. 

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

8 hours ago, LordDarthDan said:

Well, Augment idea is nice, but the only problem I have with Augments is that they take up mod slots...

Downgrade? Why?

Its a downgrade considering Limbo is able to use stasis + small cataclysm as a way to lockdown groups of enemies while being untouchable from a distance, and never being forced out of the rift.

22 hours ago, LordDarthDan said:

I know all too well why ths change has been made. It is in the nature of Warframe players to do stuff fast.

WRONG.  The change was made because stasis was blatantly intrusive and effectively took away 2/3 weapons from THREE other player's kits while it was active. 

It has nothing to do with slowing down mission flow and everything to do with the fact it's bad game design that you were able to determine what weapons other players use.  I've always said if Limbo users miss this so much - let it affect them and them only.  If you want to stop your projectiles I'm AOKAY - but DE changed the power because it was frustrating the people who weren't the Limbo casting it.  

Did you ever notice that after the change basically nobody moans about Limbos being in the squad anymore... people don't auto leave squads as soon as they see him anymore... it's because they aren't a nuisance to everybody around them anymore.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 2018-07-10 at 1:42 AM, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I peefer mag in that fight.. turns those bullets back against it and multiplies my lanka shots to one shotting levels with magnitize.

Anyways i spent most of yesterday in the simulacrum playwith with my DPS limbo. The fact that stasis doesnt prevent status procs but does stop their decay allows infinite damage over time stacking with toxin or slash.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

I peefer mag in that fight.. turns those bullets back against it and multiplies my lanka shots to one shotting levels with magnitize.

Anyways i spent most of yesterday in the simulacrum playwith with my DPS limbo. The fact that stasis doesnt prevent status procs but does stop their decay allows infinite damage over time stacking with toxin or slash.

Unlike Mag, though, Limbo can kick out trash mobs and keep the squad invulnerable. More importantly, stay invulnerable himself.

I tried this with Vey Hek. Its ridiculous. That magnetic proc attack that he does, it doesn't move. I just wait for his face to open then shoot. And then there are bosses like Phorid that just requires you to stand on a rock ledge so they can't melee you because they can't jump. Keyla is another one. She becomes completely helpless because she has no melee at all.

Just now, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Unlike Mag, though, Limbo can kick out trash mobs and keep the squad invulnerable. More importantly, stay invulnerable himself.

I tried this with Vey Hek. Its ridiculous. That magnetic proc attack that he does, it doesn't move. I just wait for his face to open then shoot. And then there are bosses like Phorid that just requires you to stand on a rock ledge so they can't melee you because they can't jump. Keyla is another one. She becomes completely helpless because she has no melee at all.

I usually use mallet to kill keyla and kek without effort... i take valkyr to phorids and one shot it. Anyways i was just stating my peeferance. I love having a frost as backup to put up a globe at the enterance. I can just sit in the safety zone and zoom in, unleasing a shot the moment my bubble activates..

From there i get lazy and usually let someone else move the bomb 🤣.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

I usually use mallet to kill keyla and kek without effort... i take valkyr to phorids and one shot it. Anyways i was just stating my peeferance. I love having a frost as backup to put up a globe at the enterance. I can just sit in the safety zone and zoom in, unleasing a shot the moment my bubble activates..

From there i get lazy and usually let someone else move the bomb 🤣.

I think this is what DE meant when their analytics said Limbo is the most "consistent" warframe. He can do the things that all those warframes you mentioned can and he can do it solo. I'd never take Valkyr on a spy or a mobile defense. I'd never take Octavia or Mesa on a radiation excavation or defense sortie for fear of damaging the objectives. I'd certainly never take a Frost on a rescue.

2 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I think this is what DE meant when their analytics said Limbo is the most "consistent" warframe. He can do the things that all those warframes you mentioned can and he can do it solo. I'd never take Valkyr on a spy or a mobile defense. I'd never take Octavia or Mesa on a radiation excavation or defense sortie for fear of damaging the objectives. I'd certainly never take a Frost on a rescue.

Hehe true, he is very much the red mage of wa..

I miss my RDM from ff11 suddenly T.T

Im going to stop talking now... i need to fashion frame limbo in honor of Hoven..

Making it to where stasis only affects Limbo's projectiles is not something everyone wants to see. I'm perfectly happy with the state stasis is in, as I can use it now without any backlash. If DE were to implement it into an augment so people could set up their shots okay, but stasis shouldn't be changed in itself anymore.

True enough, most frames don't have a direct counter like e.g., Hydroid does.  Most frames are at least able to use their weapons to counter them at range, without leaving or nullifying whatever protection or durability they have.  Limbo has to exit both his bubble and the Rift in order to counter them even with ranged weapons, but at least he can Rift Surge to protect himself a little, so he's not completely helpless.  Seems tough, but fair enough.  I don't use him against Corpus other than for spies or with very low range for mobdef - fair or not, it is admittedly quite annoying.