Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem with the hyekka kavat skin

Cattlefish

Hello there,

First of all I'm not quite sure if this should be put here or somewhere else. If this topic isn't in the right forum then I do apologise.

There has been a big problem with the hyekka kavat skin, as many of you that have it already know, and that is the proportions are all wrong making it look like a blob more than a hyekka.

This has gone unnoticed for far too long and those who love hyekkas (my favorite cat is the sphynx so) would love to get it tweaked so that we can finally become the grineer cat lady that we truly are.

I've taken several screenshot to demonstrate what the problem is.

Exhibit A : The skin itself.

Spoiler

EbkBuCg.jpgmqnfVpP.jpg

I previewed some kavat armors with the hyekka skin equipped just to show how disproportionate the skin is compared to normal kavats. Now I'm not saying that the skin should be able to wear armors (although that would be awesome). As you can see, the skin is so chubby that it becomes larger than the actual armor instead of being just about able to fit in it unlike the drahk skin with kubrow armor.

I know a lot of people will say that it's cute and such and to some extent I agree, but that's not what the actual hyekkas look like.

Exhibit B :The actual hyekkas.

Spoiler

1ztvHbo.jpg

As you can see, the actual hyekkas are much more slender than the skin and resemble more the proportions of kavats. This troubles me because why would they make the skin differently from what they already have. Funny enough I actually found out why.

Exhibit C : Both of them side by side.

Spoiler

q6XeZOp.jpgl6ejcWz.jpg

So at the last minute I thought I should a screenshot of both the skin (left) and a hyekka (right) side by side and wouldn't you know it, the problem becomes apparent.

A pet kavat is smaller than a hyekka but as you can see, they put the model onto a kavat while keeping the size of the model (the head is literally the same size as is thewidth of the limbs and tail) instead of scaling the model to kavat size making the model squashed (most noticeable on the neck and wrists/ankles). This is also the case for the moonless kavat skin.

Don't get me wrong, everyone at DE is doing a fantastic job on Warframe and I cannot thank them enough and I would never be able to do what they do. I know this is low priority since there are some big things coming such as Fortuna, Railjack and The New War which I am very excited for, but this has been lingering ever since the gene-masking kit was released and I did spend plat on it.

It seems like a simple enough fix so could you please look into it and my deepest apologies if I sounded ungrateful. I'm far from it.

Edited by Albalrogue
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Am 10.7.2018 um 14:21 schrieb Albalrogue:

Thanks. I just don't want it to be swept under the rug again.

EDIT : Am I seriously the only one that is bothered by this?

No ya are not, i love everything that is normal mhm... "gross" like maggots or other infested creature. (i know its a kavat) but for me it looks very cute and wanna cuddle it all the day so it would be nice if there would be a animal graphic rework for all who loves Kubrows and Kavat's