Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legion-Shields

I was a member of the PlayStation message boards over a decade ago. I never was a frequent poster in online forums, even today, but in the PS forums, I wanted a custom icon, one that I can upload rather than select from a limited default selection, but due to my low post count I was not allowed to; as the rules said: "custom icons are a privilege, not a right". I was so frustrated by that, I posted stupid crap including reviving 5-year-old (at the time) topics and making topics like this in the Off-Topic board, so that I could get my post count up and, ultimately, be allowed to use a custom icon. That type of topic was quickly locked, in every forum I went to. I was an idiot back then. I learned that forums, or "message boards", are not the same as chat rooms.

Topics like these take me back. Now, I only post in topics I'm interested in or start a topic asking for help, thus keeping my post count low. Don't even care that I don't have the same "privileges" as a good chunk of members in a forum, though to be honest I do appreciate that everyone (or non-admins and non-mods, at least) has the same access to all features including forum icons.

Edited by (PS4)ROBOCRIPPLE_

9 hours ago, Pyromaniaque said:

This """joke""" grew old and is not funny anymore (not sure if it even was)

9 hours ago, Pyromaniaque said:

Oh, sorry ^^ Because I saw several other thread like this, but meant as a joke and I don't really see the point

It's not really meant as a joke in the first place, its just something that's evolved into it's own thing.

Also, if you don't like it, just keep scrolling.