Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen - TennoCon 2018 Panel Recap Thread

1 hour ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Maybe they don't expect creators to be able to create it to their quality standards. What they should do for that is put up a concept art contest for new hair styles.

God, please. I have a bad case of Dumb Sci-fi Hair and it is awful.

3 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Maybe they don't expect creators to be able to create it to their quality standards. What they should do for that is put up a concept art contest for new hair styles.

I don't think its about keep up to their standards. Maybe they just want to keep a tight hold on hair styles. The ones we currently have are a bit.. strange to say the least. I'm all for a contest though, would be a good way to get some new styles in by the community.

On 2018-07-10 at 5:38 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi Tenno,

I hope you’ve all had the time to watch the amazing reveals in our TennoLive stream. That one hour was just a sampling of the incredible panels, workshops and activities at TennoCon this year. One of these panels included members of the TennoGen team, Skyerzz and Syncrasis, and a few of the talented creators as well: Faven, Stenchfury, Master Noob and Prosetisen.

Unfortunately we were unable to record the panel itself, but we wanted to share some of the reveals (yes, reveals!) and talking points with all of our TennoGen enthusiasts. So, let’s get started!

New Melee Categories
They’re coming! We’re hoping to get these into the TennoGen tool by the end of July -- fingers crossed!

• Rapiers
  • Staffs
  • Fists
  • Axes
  • Nikanas
  • Daggers

New Primary Weapon Skins

Unlike melee weapons, which can have skins applied by 'category', the complex reload and firing animations of our primary and secondary weapons don't allow for that. Instead, we have to apply them on a per-weapon basis without the ability for our creators to create custom models.

Regardless of these restrictions, the love for weapon skins is real so we want to offer more diverse options for the community in the Workshop! We compiled a list of the most-used Primary weapons since the 2018 weapon re-balance and let the panel attendees decide which two weapons they’d like added to the workshop next. This is what they chose:

• Opticor
  • Arca Plasmor

More Secondary Weapon skins are a possibility in the future but the abundance of single- and dual-wield variants in this category make this a little more difficult to implement. We are looking into the best way to handle this for our community and creators.

Operator Accessories
In the future, creators will be able to make their own Operator accessories in the following 3 categories:

• Eye Accessories
  • Ear Accessories
  • Facial Accessories

We will have an official thread describing the requirements and guidelines for these new pieces when we are ready to add them officially to the TennoGen tool. The Soon(™) meme lives on, but we are prioritizing adding these new categories before we start Round 14.

TennoGen Identifiers
Much like how our Guides of the Lotus are given additional identifiers for Tenno to recognize them, we are doing the same for our TennoGen creators. The actual design and implementation of these items are still TBD, but we’re thrilled to be able to offer them a means of showing their Creator status in-game.

Excited to see what the rest of 2018 holds for TennoGen and our creators!

You could Identify official Warframe wikia staff too (For every localization), that would be kind... Because.. We (Admins,Moderators, Conent Mod.'s) are working on information for this game and we are like assasins, working in dark to serve the light..

On 2018-07-11 at 3:13 PM, Ordanchik said:

You could Identify official Warframe wikia staff too (For every localization), that would be kind... Because.. We (Admins,Moderators, Conent Mod.'s) are working on information for this game and we are like assasins, working in dark to serve the light..

We do have something called the 'Tenno Chronicler Sigil/Emblem' that's exclusive for Wikia Admins/Moderators... If we can verify your Wikia status and such we can get you one, can you please DM me?

Is there a possibility Prime and Deluxe warframe models would be available for Tennogen in a future?

Prime models were probably not really needed for older Prime warframes like Volt or Nyx, because they used the same body with a couple of extra parts slapped on top, but new Primes tend to be completely different. So I believe Tennogen creators need a way to adjust their skins for new Prime meshes.

As for Deluxe skins — many of them could really use a reskin and I believe our community has enough talented artists who could make Deluxe skins great again.

Edited by AlienOvermind

On 2018-07-18 at 12:25 PM, AlienOvermind said:

As for Deluxe skins — many of them could really use a reskin and I believe our community has enough talented artists who could make Deluxe skins great again.

This so much.
I don't use 90% of the deluxe skins simply because it is impossible to match them with weapons/attachments because the textures are just too different.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-17 at 7:29 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We do have something called the 'Tenno Chronicler Sigil/Emblem' that's exclusive for Wikia Admins/Moderators... If we can verify your Wikia status and such we can get you one, can you please DM me?

I wrote for ya!