Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Server Maintenance: 5 PM ET July 11! (COMPLETE)

[DE]Rebecca

If you were to put a system in place where the Chat Mod Volunteers had to explain their bans with the 'Record That' option then maybe they wouldn't be so ban happy if they had to put a bit of work into explaining themselves.  People are getting kicked and banned from chat just because the  'mod' disagrees with their opinion.

Players are going to stop playing and possibly spending real money on plat just because of the opinionated views of this select few that very much enjoy exerting their dominance over others.

I'm glad this was here, so I could figure out why I couldn't connect all of a sudden, but it's too bad Red Text couldn't give us a heads up for this sort of thing. I got messaged for a trade just before 5PM hit! :-( I hope they're still interested when it reconnects.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Maintenance has begun for all platforms! Chat will return once it has completed. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for letting us know.
Here's to all going smoothly, don't want any hamsters tuckering out too soon.

Image result for hamster server memes

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

4 minutes ago, Larhah said:

I'm glad this was here, so I could figure out why I couldn't connect all of a sudden, but it's too bad Red Text couldn't give us a heads up for this sort of thing. I got messaged for a trade just before 5PM hit! 😞 I hope they're still interested when it reconnects.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but this was posted on the news announcement screen in game a long time before the maintenance started. Like 5 or 6 hours prior to I think?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Doc_Eyepatch said:

Can the words "Trash" and "Nudes" be removed from Trade chat?

By "trash" and "nudes" removed, do you mean you want them to be banned words or you want to be able to type these words because the word "nudes" is completely relevant to gameplay?

21 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Will this maintenance include any changes/alterations to the chat bot(s)? It would be amazing to see more false positives addressed and clarity added to the suspension system. Length of bans and directions for players to take (aka Support after 7 days) will improve not only the chat atmosphere, but the Forums as well.

To avoid the bots you just have to not sound conservative and not type anything in caps.

3 hours ago, quDelta said:

8IvLW7A.jpg

The FACT that this is NOT supposed to be a childs game should mean that apart from harrasing/ racist/ sexist / bad language aimed at a particular person, everything else should be ok, you have an age limit ENFORCE IT, if parents decide it's ok for younger people , then the responsibility is on THEIR head, not DE's. So let us chat, have fun like grown ups instead of overly protecting the people that shouldn't be playing in the first place.

This will never happen as much as I love what DE is doing with the game itself the chat bans are simple example of trying to eliminate what they consider "wrong think". Even warframe partners are calling them out on a constant basis on the "trap" fiasko.

What can you expect from people who see the word "Fu*k" "boob" "d*ck" and start to blush and laugh like 8yr old children? I think half of DE staff is on that level of emotional maturity.

Edited by sati44

Just now, Emarcee said:

To avoid the bots you just have to not sound conservative and not type anything in caps.

Wait, what? Did I just read that's a political issue? Is it a confirmation that the general consensus is that Warframe is not conservative friendly?

6 hours ago, SalZero said:

It happened to me too, but i was able to make Warframe work again (don't know if it will work for you or not), the method i did it :-

1.Get a free VPN.

2. Select any country and turn on Warframe Launcher.

3. Let it update.

4. Turn off VPN and restart Warframe. 

it works for me too 👍

12 minutes ago, Boltz4Life said:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but this was posted on the news announcement screen in game a long time before the maintenance started. Like 5 or 6 hours prior to I think?

I'm sure it was, the problem is, unless I know to go looking, the news console isn't particularly noticeable. It didn't occur to me to check for new news when I logged in, when there wasn't an update to install, there wasn't a Red Text message, and there weren't any pop-ups. Usually I like for the news console to be unobtrusive, and I'm sure if I'd been playing for a while before chat went offline, I'd have noticed, but I'd only just logged on about 10 minutes prior, and I'd been in the back of the ship messing with gear. One lost sale isn't a big deal in the scheme of things, but it was still disconcerting to be suddenly disconnected.