Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Server Maintenance: 5 PM ET July 11! (COMPLETE)

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, OptimusJ said:

Says who? The thought police?

Says everyone who isn't "allowed" to use the word because if you're not part of the group it refers to and is used by, you're called a racist for saying it and wind up getting into a whole bunch of drama.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Says everyone who isn't "allowed" to use the word because if you're not part of the group it refers to and is used by, you're called a racist for saying it and wind up getting into a whole bunch of drama.

So, let me see. You're saying that the rule, not enforced by any bill passed in any country of the world, in which you're only allowed to speak some things based on race, is anti-racist?
Yeah... That thought dictatorship is bound to end, you know? #WalkAway

Edited by OptimusJ
grammar

7 hours ago, OptimusJ said:

Not to mention that is absurd to suspend every single interaction for something done in one single channel. Moreso without warning and explanation. Feels like DE is ashamed to admit what exactly they want to forbid in the chat. Besides, it's a MATURE game, I believe people are pretty capable of using the ignore list and filters to not be bothered, without others putting themselves in the tutoring position.

You seem to have forgotten that DE resides in Canada where they make coerced speech law. Free speech doesn't exist when there are "hate speech" laws.

Alternative chat can help alot if u can create one in the future, so every time when u start maintenance on main chat's u can run alternative till that finish, cuz ppl wanna play and communicate, and right now hunt will start and noone was able to recruit other players to go in PoE.

Thx! 😡

2 minutes ago, OptimusJ said:

So, let me see. You're saying that the rule, not enforce by any bill passed in any country of the world, in which you're only allowed to speak things is based on race, is anti-racist?

giphy.gif

If you entertain the notions of people you disagree with, it doesn't end well.

1 minute ago, Inventive_Exile said:

You seem to have forgotten that DE resides in Canada where they make coerced speech law. Free speech doesn't exist when there are "hate speech" laws.

I have no idea what is this thing you're talking about. An official Canadian Government link explaining exists or is some of those things "everyone talks about" but no one knows from where it came?

4 minutes ago, OptimusJ said:

So, let me see. You're saying that the rule, not enforced by any bill passed in any country of the world, in which you're only allowed to speak some things based on race, is anti-racist?

Ofc not, you know it only works one way. White people can't say the N word, blacks can say white cracker and get away with it:P

Just now, CeruleanHex said:

Yeah I saw that too. Generally chat maintenance doesn't last this long... Wonder what they're working on.

Who knows. Might as well kick back and do a couple boss runs while I wait.

6 minutes ago, OptimusJ said:

I have no idea what is this thing you're talking about. An official Canadian Government link explaining exists or is some of those things "everyone talks about" but no one knows from where it came?

Look up Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (its their Bill of Rights), I think it's explained under Section 2

10 minutes ago, sati44 said:

Ofc not, you know it only works one way. White people can't say the N word, blacks can say white cracker and get away with it:P

Oh well, What's next? Censor "Get Woke Go Broke", "Walk Away" and "snowflakes", because they are triggering people?

22 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Will this maintenance include any changes/alterations to the chat bot(s)? It would be amazing to see more false positives addressed and clarity added to the suspension system. Length of bans and directions for players to take (aka Support after 7 days) will improve not only the chat atmosphere, but the Forums as well.

exactly. chat bots use rules we dont know of because theyre not written anywhere. i once was banned from chat simply because somehow my message contained too many capitalized letters. but HOW MANY is too many? will i be chat restricted because i used HOW MANY twice in this post? can we have clear chat rules written somewhere official? thanks.

1 minute ago, Kyle2k5 said:

I know you gave a tie for Xbox and PS4. do you happen to have a time for PC?

They just finished up with Console a little bit ago, and they said that they would let us know when they're done with PC

giphy.gif

I don't see the need for criticizing Digital Extreme's choice to manage and monitor the chat in ways that they feel is promoting a welcoming environment. We all know how Region can be, so spare me with all these excuses. I also don't know why the thread for optimizing or performing maintenance on the chat is the "ideal" place to be discussing this.

They limit the choice of words you can use because they know you use it to offend someone.

Edited by Lahared

4 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Maintenance has completed on all platforms! You may continue chatting! Thank you for your patience. 

Thanks for the update, Danielle!

The maintenance, unfortunately, did not fix my chat errors which I was afraid of though 😞

With so many people saying they get this same error: "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ERROR 10054" is there still not a fix for it? It's been going on for months for me and I can't seem to find a fix for it on my end. 

I get this every time a load screen or something occurs. I basically have to type everything multiple times until it goes through. This can get very annoying during gameplay while in a group trying to communicate with others.

Edited by Boltz4Life

20 minutes ago, OptimusJ said:

OH, Ok. It was fun while it lasted. But this is not a welcoming game. I told that once Tennocon was over I would leave, and the return of KickBot and this toxic SJW environment show where DE want to go.
bye.

See you next week.