Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to vote kick players

KamikazeKamanzi

I feel as if this option is long overdo but I need this in my life and would like some feedback. There are times where myself and others are doing an objective like Eidolon hunting or doing sorties and there will be a player who decides to do nothing or go off to fish or mine ores while we do everything else. During eidolon fights they usually wait until we're finished and then come swoop in to take the loot. I know some of you are thinking to just abort and start over but sometimes we do not notice until it's too late. Coming across afk players or uncooperative ones are a bit of a pain and I do not like the idea of doing work for those that are not contributing. New players usually come in runs and say off the bat "I don't know what to do" for eidolon runs or kuva siphons and that is perfectly fine because I enjoy helping out new players. It's just the ones that are lazy and enjoy trolling are not needed. I guess the problem that could occur is that people will abuse the system by kicking out players that have low MR before they even get a chance to play. I see that being a thing in sorties and especially eidolon hunting so I guess it could backfire. I just want to see where everyone else stands on the option.

I hope you never play non-meta frames coz chances are you will get kick in every single game for using Limbo/Hydroid/Nyx/Atlas/Banshee/(Insert non meta frame)

Personally I have been running PUG Eidolon Hunt only and so far I'm doing fine, with occasionally uncooperative player but most of the time we still manage to get to the second/ third one. If some players obviously don't know what to do and refuse to help I'd just leave and find another game. For all other missions they rarely need the help from other players anyway.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Will never happen. In ideal world - yes it would be great to kick out leechers and general toxic players. We dont live in an ideal world tho, so toxic players and trolls kicking normal players would become frequent too. "Oh this guy does more damage then me?! Vote kick" "That Trinity that didnt run 500m to me to revive me? Kick that troll out!

However... having one could be exploited to kick others that has been helpful. Or turn a mission into a toxic environment.  Like kicking a limbo player just because he/she is using limbo.... or having the team split into 2 groups of 2 that hate each others.....

as of now the only way to deal with player afk is via the zendesk where you might wanna add some picture of the mission progress and such

what i think is better is to have an option to report player afk via the game where data of the mission is directly sent to the zendesk. but this would require the game to somehow track and record everything that everyone do during a mission.

Ps: don’t directly go to poe in public for eidolon hunt. take the mission from konzu... i learn that the hard way. singlehandedly taking down an eidolon while the others are exploring the plain.... i got grouped up with a noob and a returning vet who has absolutely no idea what i was doing

Edited by novalery

These are all valid points. I always make sure to take bounties from Konzu for Eidolon hunts but I guess some people think they're funny or witty to slip by without being noticed. I see the limbo problem being huge since people still seem to think the Limbo's rift stops them from killing enemies with their primaries and secondaries. Little do people know is how helpful limbo can be in Eidolon hunting but have yet to give it a chance. It seems like an inescapable dilemma for now. I was also thinking that people would argue that recruit chat is there for a reason but even that can be toxic. I have posted about doing endurance runs before and the next thing you know someone wants to leave after 10 minutes which is nowhere close to being considered as endurance. 

37 minutes ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

I guess the problem that could occur is that people will abuse the system by kicking out players that have low MR before they even get a chance to play.

What about "I do not like your name/glyph/frame/weapon/colour/lack of a kavat/etc so I kicked you just before extraction so you lost everything".

What securities must DE implement to make this a viable option? It cannot simply be "Host does not like you, host kicks you". A "team vote" wont work in all cases. Because my friend and I could come and refuse to help, and you cannot kick us - no majority vote.

8 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

You know what. Lets say OP does have a valid point. Lets hope his idea actually goes through. Because I want to see what happens. 

A more toxic environment due to the fear of toxic players having a field day with the new vote to kick option. This is why we can't have nice things. 😢 I have been trying to look up games in which the option is successful but I just come across people talking about the same type of situations.

Edited by KamikazeKamanzi
misspelling

Just now, KamikazeKamanzi said:

A more toxic environment due to the fear of toxic players having a field day with the new vote to kick option. This is why we can't have nice things. 😢 I have been trying to look up games in which the option is successful but I just come across people talking about the same time of situations.

Yeah that. I'm not going to argue with OP about this. Because. I want to see what happens when people start kicking eachother for silly reasons. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)TitaniumSkillz07 said:

It is good option to add but like you said people could abuse it if the option was added their should be a reason stating why you want to kick this player but should the host be only allowed to kick or should it be a vote with the three other member's 

I like this. The responsibility in my mind should be in the hands of the host but what if it's the host that is being the troll? I guess in this case the only option would be to go to zendesk and report them but how effective is zendesk anyway when it comes to reporting players?

34 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

You know what. Lets say OP does have a valid point. Lets hope his idea actually goes through. Because I want to see what happens. 

I can get behind this. 

We have a community in the tens of millions, I'd be shocked if this had the massive negative impact everyone claims. 

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I can get behind this. 

We have a community in the tens of millions, I'd be shocked if this had the massive negative impact everyone claims. 

I agree with you that it would be a good thing, but it would also be a bad thing as well. Players would then be able to kick out leechers or people who afked during the mission, which is definitely a good thing since nobody wants that to happen during a mission. The bad part about it is that players could easily abuse the system with kicking out players for something that they may not like about that certain player. For instance, let’s say one player is using a Limbo in a squad without trolling, and the rest of the squad doesn’t like seeing a Limbo in the squad and then before you know it, that player is soon kicked from the squad. The system would definitely have its benefits, but it would also have its negatives as well.

3 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I agree with you that it would be a good thing, but it would also be a bad thing as well. Players would then be able to kick out leechers or people who afked during the mission, which is definitely a good thing since nobody wants that to happen during a mission. The bad part about it is that players could easily abuse the system with kicking out players for something that they may not like about that certain player. For instance, let’s say one player is using a Limbo in a squad without trolling, and the rest of the squad doesn’t like seeing a Limbo in the squad and then before you know it, that player is soon kicked from the squad. The system would definitely have its benefits, but it would also have its negatives as well.

You solve problems by evading them. 

If you see lots of clueless dumb noobs and scrubs you don't want to play with, simply use the block options and invite the players that knows how to play. 

If you do not want a Limbo or an Ember in your party you recruit doing that statement as a prerequisite. Warframe has the option of a screen chat and lobby to settle the rules. If one person doesn't want to obey you simply break down the squad and leave him behind recruiting your friends again. 

The kick option could be used as a derogation and abuse bringing toxic levels among players. We don't want Destiny and that type of community here. 

The constant joining and then aborting gameplay. Not a big fan of it. Also recruit chat with such exclusions of certain frames leads to private messages of people telling you off and what not. I constant cycle of everlasting cancer. It seems some things just can't be avoided.

to solve the problem,  no dont use system kicking but use system join level mr maybe de need to refix join mr again, example mr 1 can join until 5/ 10 and the next mr 10 - 15 :facepalm:

or change every mission level low/ mid/ high :facepalm: idk feels confused I am just give up join any players

(sorry my english is bad)  

3 minutes ago, Pastera said:

to solve the problem,  no dont use system kicking but use system join level mr maybe de need to refix join mr again, example mr 1 can join until 5/ 10 and the next mr 10 - 15 :facepalm:

or change every mission level low/ mid/ high :facepalm: idk feels confused I am just give up join any players

(sorry my english is bad)  

There's nothing wrong with your english, you are perfectly clear 👌. That could be a solution but that would also go into MR discrimination which is already a big thing.