The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibility of Zawframes or Warframe Rivens?

Waterbeacon

Warframe rivens? NO  Emphatic NO No no no no no.  I will quit the game if they come out.  They will literally break the game with Min/max builds of Power/Range/Eff/Duration

And Craftable warframes kind of defeats the purpose of having any type of lore

If Warframe Rivens were ever made, their stats would need to be relegated to ones that do not modify ability values (Strength, Range, Duration, Efficiency). These stats are already too important and making unique mods that benefit them would be really unhealthy for the community (and drive minmaxers insane). Stats like defensive values (maybe not Armor), Parkour stats, utility (knockdown modifiers etc.) and resistances would be okay.

Making your own Warframe... this is honestly best left to the devs. A customizable from-the-ground-up Warframe would likely look awful and/or break the game. However, a more controlled version of this idea might make a good Warframe concept. Imagine a Warframe whose abilities were modular in nature, and in the Arsenal you could select a way for each ability to function from 2-3 options. (For reference, check out the augmentable fighting moves in Super Smash Bros. for WiiU and 3DS.) For example, the Warframe's first ability is a straightforward skillshot that explodes in a small radius on impact. In the Arsenal, you could choose whether this projectile dealt damage, CCed enemies or affected Armor/Shields. Each ability option would keep its execution more or less the same, but its purpose could be chosen from offense,  defense, support, stealth, etc. In this way, the Warframe is a constructed whole already, but you can modify which abilities do what to form a specific playstyle or find a mix you enjoy.

On 2018-07-11 at 10:28 PM, -CM-Kinnison said:

And Craftable warframes kind of defeats the purpose of having any type of lore

I don't agree the zaw frames don't have to be connected to the lore of the past, but rather the future. The new war is coming and we don't know what the Sentients and Ballas have in store for us.

16 minutes ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

I don't agree the zaw frames don't have to be connected to the lore of the past, but rather the future. The new war is coming and we don't know what the Sentients and Ballas have in store for us.

The Sentients could throw the kitchen sink at us, nothing can stop our Operator's Void powers so we're fine.

On 2018-07-11 at 6:08 AM, Chewarette said:

Two of the worsts systems implemented in the past few years, expanded to Warframes ? A big no for me.

I completely agree, I still refuse to grind PoE. 
I hated rivens too, but then realised the plat potential and now I own above 80+ godly rivens for my favourite weapons with stupid amounts of plat spare. Warframe rivens will be the push for me, if ever implemented I think I will just have to pass on Warframe from then on unless there's no RNG, or the choice to choose/lock rolls in.
Zaws are... Difficult. I dislike how you acuire and cannot change them like I thought you could be able to, but they can be fun I guess. 

Edited by -Shikari-

I think zawframes could work. If you look at how the acolytes are designed their abilities and bodies are just mixed and matched warframes. If they pool the abilities from existing ones I don't see that much of a balancing problem.

Warframe riven's I'm all for. 

Edited by (PS4)goodboxgonebad
Spelling