Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Crossplay/Cross-save for Switch

PorkedPork

I recently got a Switch.  I'd be interested if it's possible to copy my existing account.  (Not migrate, since I have no intention of abandoning it on PC.)  But there's very little chance I'd be interested in starting over with a "fresh" account, and having to grind through all the Warframes.  (Especially with a controller.  I know some people prefer it.  I do not.)  I don't actually think grinding for parts is fun at all, and there are a handful of nodes that I probably wouldn't even attempt to unlock again in the current starmap.  (Looking at you, Cheater De Thaym.)

Wasn't there an option to have a copy of your old account when you "transferred/copied" to another console prior? I haven't played in about 2 years but with the new content+the portability of the switch and 4k+ hours I would really hate to start from scratch. I don't really care about syncing too much.

18 hours ago, PorkedPork said:

So now that it is confirmed that players who play Warframe on Switch will be isolated from the other consoles without any hope of crossplay or account syncing, do you think the announcement that Warframe is coming on the Switch is now significantly less impressive?

Same interview that's been known. It doesn't say that there will be no crossplay, only that there isn't any now and it won't have it at launch. But they are still pursuing this feature regardless.

19 hours ago, PorkedPork said:

So now that it is confirmed that players who play Warframe on Switch will be isolated from the other consoles without any hope of crossplay or account syncing, do you think the announcement that Warframe is coming on the Switch is now significantly less impressive?

Nope.  I suspected Warframe might come to switch but I didn't expect any kind of crossplay.  Crossplay with PC was never going to happen because consoles update after the PC does so that's a no go.  That leaves only Xbox because Sony doesn't play ball on Crossplay with other consoles anyway.

I can't see any reason for crossplay to have been expected.  Maybe if DE courts Microsoft, and puts on a really nice dinner and movie, crossplay with Xbox could happen with MS contributing resources so MS could flip Sony the bird again over crossplay but if I were DE I wouldn't want to get caught up in that particular spat.

The more important question is will I install Warframe on my Switch?  Yep.  For the same reason I bought Doom for the Switch.  Just to check it out.  See what it looks like and how it runs.  After that I'll uninstall Warframe unless one of the kids want to play it.  It's too pricey for what it offers when considering to play on two platforms we have to pay twice.  Once is worth it, twice just isn't unless you're a Nintendo Youtuber/Streamer with a way to make the money back again.  Well, that and I am terrible at FPS/3rd person shooters on a controller of any kind.  I've been mouse/keyboard for far too long.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will do just fine on the Switch.  It doesn't really have anything in the same vein so provided it's not a gigantic install forcing people to lash out on a Micro SD card just to put Warframe on, it should do just fine. 

Naturally there wouldn't be any crossplay, this would mean that the PC version's update schedule will depend on the Switch, which will have a lower player base.

Personally I have a slightly negative opinion on consoles, however, even tho I've got 6 in total, including Switch. If it wasn't for the exclusives they wouldn't be as popular and the Switch is no exception. *I'm not dissing on consoles, just expressing opinion*

I know people who act as if the Switch is the second coming, "Now I can play games everywhere", but everyone could play Skyrim on the go from 2011, it's called a laptop.

Cross play has been a request for so long, I have to wonder if the industry at large is preparing for it. Of course to accomplish this it is likely that the pace of updates to PC could be slowed, but inversely the consoles may get faster. Many things have to come together for this to happen. 

With new generation consoles coming, I wouldn’t be surprised to see crossplay become open up. Sort of like changing carriers on cell phones, protocols can be made that all platforms follow to regulate. 

This assumes, the technical hurdles can be overcome. I believe we are there already. So it is just the logistics of the turf war. At this point it is counter productive to lock in players.

Even if it never pans out. If adding a platform comes with little effort and expands the potential user base it’s worth it for DE. Clearly they see the ROI and likely. Only time will tell. 

On 2018-07-11 at 11:05 AM, Krighton said:

WELP.. this confirms I won't be playing this game again. Unless they do a complete 180 and reverse this stupid decision, I'm going to stay way... 5 years.. gone. 

why... it doesn't change anything

Il y a 20 heures, --Nob0dy-- a dit :

WELP.. this confirms I won't be playing this game again. Unless they do a complete 180 and reverse this stupid decision, I'm going to stay way... 5 years.. gone. 

Mmm... I get the feeling someone hasn't read a single post in here. 

Sorry for tagging you Nobody, I couldn't get my phone to work properly on quoting Krighton 

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 2:30 AM, CeePee said:

Matchmaking with someone on a PC and trying to keep up would be a nightmare.

You might be surprised at just how many controller users on PC there really are.  Even more surprised that they have been beasting in groups and you didn't even know.  😀