Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Crossplay/Cross-save for Switch

PorkedPork

En 11/7/2018 a las 9:14, PorkedPork dijo:

So now that it is confirmed that players who play Warframe on Switch will be isolated from the other consoles without any hope of crossplay or account syncing, do you think the announcement that Warframe is coming on the Switch is now significantly less impressive?

this imply that the other consoles have cross play and i would say neither of them have and specially Sony 

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 8:14 AM, PorkedPork said:

So now that it is confirmed that players who play Warframe on Switch will be isolated from the other consoles without any hope of crossplay or account syncing, do you think the announcement that Warframe is coming on the Switch is now significantly less impressive?

I'm sure it was said in the latest Devstream that DE (Sheldon) is negotiating with the likes of Microsoft for there to be a period when an existing Warframe account on PC or Xbox could be 'cloned' to the Switch.

On 2018-07-19 at 2:00 PM, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

I wonder how many people will blame Sony for no crossplay in Warframe. The real issue is the fact that on other platforms you need to pay for online just to play a F2P with others.

Wait? I think I'm misreading you so I just want to ask for clarity. Are you saying PS4 (and other consoles) needs the Pay to Play online feature to play Warframe (And other FTP's)?

Because PS+ is not required, if that's what you're suggesting. Can't speak for XB1 or Switch tbh.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

10 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Wait? I think I'm misreading you so I just want to ask for clarity. Are you saying PS4 (and other consoles) needs the Pay to Play online feature to play Warframe (And other FTP's)?

Because PS+ is not required, if that's what you're suggesting. Can't speak for XB1 or Switch tbh.

Apparently on Xbox you need to pay for online just to play a free to play game which is CRAZY lol I don't know why people aren't upset about that but want to complain about not having their ps4 profile put on another platform for Fortnite.

On 2018-07-17 at 6:59 PM, DatDarkOne said:

You might be surprised at just how many controller users on PC there really are.  Even more surprised that they have been beasting in groups and you didn't even know.  😀 

I'd be one of those. Started a fresh account on PC to test my first desktop I built (and to play Plains at launch). I was always a gamepad person that and my dexterity isn't very good to play kb/m.

3 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

Apparently on Xbox you need to pay for online just to play a free to play game which is CRAZY lol I don't know why people aren't upset about that but want to complain about not having their ps4 profile put on another platform for Fortnite.

That's the thing though, IIRC Xbox Live was always needed for online and you always paid for that service from what I've heard. So Xbox players are used to it. Us PS players didn't have to pay for online multiplayer until PS4. Could've swore people on Switch will also have to pay for a subscription service to do the same at some point. Not sure if that applies to F2P games compared to PS+ where it's not needed.

So according to the latest Devstream there will be an account migration for Switch (I believe PC-to-Switch). It's not like everyone over there is actively looking and hoping to play with the other platforms. Sure there will be some disappointed players but their community will grow just as the other consoles' did.

The Switch is selling better the Wii U so it won't be a barren wasteland as people log in and try to find groups. We just need the right people to rally them up and generate buzz and a sense of community on Switch.

5 hours ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

I'd be one of those. Started a fresh account on PC to test my first desktop I built (and to play Plains at launch). I was always a gamepad person that and my dexterity isn't very good to play kb/m.

That's the thing though, IIRC Xbox Live was always needed for online and you always paid for that service from what I've heard. So Xbox players are used to it. Us PS players didn't have to pay for online multiplayer until PS4. Could've swore people on Switch will also have to pay for a subscription service to do the same at some point. Not sure if that applies to F2P games compared to PS+ where it's not needed.

So according to the latest Devstream there will be an account migration for Switch (I believe PC-to-Switch). It's not like everyone over there is actively looking and hoping to play with the other platforms. Sure there will be some disappointed players but their community will grow just as the other consoles' did.

The Switch is selling better the Wii U so it won't be a barren wasteland as people log in and try to find groups. We just need the right people to rally them up and generate buzz and a sense of community on Switch.

"Could've swore people on Switch will also have to pay for a subscription service to do the same at some point."

Yes - it's coming in September (2018).