Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Insectoid Frame - Cimex

BlueAquatics

Name: Cimex

Theme: A hive mentality frame capable of controlling swarms of various earth-like insects.

Stats:

Spoiler

130 health / 300 at 30
100 shields / 190 at 30
Energy 70/190 at 30
armor 190
sprint speed 0.91

Passive: Blattodea
"what an nuisance, why don't you just DIE already?!"

Spoiler

All status effect damage is decreased by 30%, Cannot be brought below 20 health in a single hit.
melee damage has a 20% chance to inflict a Dormant infection effect to enemies which is activated with pestilence

First Ability: Swarm
"Overwhelm those who would stomp us"
effects: (Has multiple effects depending on circumstance cast):
Standing still:

Spoiler

Effect: A 77° swarm of insectoids is cast in front of Cimex damaging everything in-front of the frame.
Damage: 75/110/180/210
Range: 7/10/13/15
Misc: 10% Life steal

Moving:

Spoiler

effect: Send a strike of insects in a straight shot to an enemy while moving
Damage: 100/140/180/210
Range: 10/13/17/20
Misc: 7% Lifesteal

Slide:

Spoiler

Effect: A 360° swarm attack is launched from the body of Cimex when he slides
Damage:  140/225/250/270
Range: 5/7/9/11
Misc: 4% Life steal

Second Ability: Hive Conditioning
"The Hive mentality will bends it's will to that of Cimex"

Effect: works like Inaros Devor and deals 25/40/50/100 infestation per second, once it reaches 700 the control is complete and it will fight for you.

Spoiler

Effect: Infests a targets mind with vermin that will forcefully surrender the targets will to you, allowing them to fight for you.
Duration: 20/35/40/50
Range: Contact Required.

*AUGMENT* Once the duration for Hive Conditioning is complete the targets insectoids will erupt from the body dealing 210 damage to target and 110 to nearby enemies within a 7m spread.

Third Ability: Pestilence
"no prayer nor remedy will save you from our plague"
*requires atleast one active hive ability*
Effect: You shred current shields to send out a plague that erupts from you and insects will swarm nearby targets damaging armor.

Spoiler

If Hive Hearth is currently active the insectoids will swarm nearby allies and heal them for 5% health as long as they are in the domain.
If Hive Condition is active your Pestilence will spread from contact with your conditioned target, dealing damage over time for 7/11/13/15 over the duration for 2/4/5.
Duration: 10/13/17/28 (however will be uncast if either Hive ability is not active.)

Fourth Ability: Hive Bearth
"This domain belongs to us...we are of one union...and you are forbidden to us"
*This effects takes 5 seconds to cast and renders you vulnerable while doing so*

Upon activation of this effect any pestilence currently active is disengaged and used to build a nest for the hive, this slows you down dramatically, all shields are gone, Pestilence and Hive Conditioning can not be used while the ability is being cast.
This nest will be built where the effect was activated.

Effect: All damage inflicted within the domain to allies is inflicted to the nest, a domain is only active along as the nest has health.

Spoiler

Range: 7/10/14/20m
Health: 250/500/600/800
Lost Health Over time: 25/30/40/50 over 30/60/90 (not including nest absorption damage)

While Nest is active these effects are applied to allies:

Spoiler

Pestilence heal is increased by an additional 2% while in domain from any source.
armor is increased by 2/4/6% while within range

While Nest is active these effects are applied to enemies:

Spoiler

3/5/7/10 damage over time while inside domain
Pestilence is applied to enemies every 7 seconds while inside the domain
Pestilence has a 2/4/6% chance to paralyze the target in their tracks.

Designer Comments & NotesWhen thinking about this frame i wanted to stay along the lines of Nidus, and Inaros as a inspiration since they are basically the only kind of infestation frames currently. I wanted to create a concept where Hive mentality is key, I admit it may seem a little on the strong side but since i havent thought of many concepts as of yet, bear with me please? Help me out some. I tried to create it so that Cimex is a frame that can be used by many different players both Casual, New or Veterans.
Now for Cimex, Cimex has no gender and is referred to as both "queen/king" sticking along the lines of hive style. I believe the strength of this frame is balanced out by the downsides of the abilities, With such cast times for his ultimate and leaving you vulnerable you can barely escape while solo. I started working on this idea while i was playing with Nidus and Inaros with a streamer.
I would really appreciate some feedback on this frame and some ways to improve his balance etc.

Edits:

Spoiler

Edit 1: Tweaked some abilities and stats, and some effects to try and arrive a more balanced feel. Opinions?

Edit 2: Tweaked some more stats.

Edited by BlueAquatics

okay so ignoring the movement and slide ones since they aren't really needed overall you could look to Mortarion's rules for Warhammer 40k as well for inspiration like this ability he has

'Host of Plagues: Roll a dice for each enemy unit that is within 7" of Mortarion at the start of the Fight phase and consult the damage chart; if the roll equals or exceeds the required value, the unit being rolled for suffers D3 Mortal Wounds'

essentially it lets him have a sort crowd control where he can kill at least one enemy model or at least deal one wound to something like a Leman Russ battle tank within 7" before he himself can either shoot the Lantern or swing Silence (his personal scythe) in close quarters keep in mind once you see his stats and what Silence can do you'll see why he has "Monster" as a Keyword (also keep in mind 40k is intentionally over the top they turned the dial up to 11 broke it then turned it up to 11 ten more times),

however I'd remove the mind control aspect or at least reduce it and look to other more ability heavy frames as well so Harrow, Nyx and Limbo could be three to look at and for at but overall I'd strip the frame down to it's weakest possible state then work from there when it comes to balancing since there is a definite power gap between Nidus and Inaros compared to Cimex when it comes to base damage output without any stacks the only frame that would have higher base damage is Octavia since her 1st, as far as I have seen has one of the highest damage potentials in the game,

however it could be interesting if you focused down on the hive part and have something kinda like Vinari and looking over it with a critical eye you will find some things are a bit redundant or unnecessary, I myself don't even know where to begin when balancing is brought up and all of it's negatives like cast time can be modded out relatively easily,

simply Cimex would be like the Wyvren Ignition when it first became available in Monster Hunter World with one of the highest damage per hit numbers in the game and since monsters when sleeping take more damage then normal when hit by an attack and since high affinity mean you do double the damage with the right set of skills you could almost hear the sound of it's none existant health bar dropping as 8 Mega Barrel Bombs blew up beside it's ears and a sword the size of a person came down on it's forehead, all Cimex would take is the right set of Mods and then you can say goodbye to enemies in the next 5 ish rooms potentially.

But I do like the idea of a "Hive" frame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...