Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Stealth Players Really Want

When you fall from a certain height, your warframe absorbs the fall. It looks like you're kissing the ground, and it's the loudest sound ever. KER-POW. Louder than Corinth (I've tested). If you're a tank type player, it's probably the most satisfying thing ever (especially with Rhino's passive). But if you're a stealth type gamer, you probably don't enjoy it.

Right before a mission, you know that cinematic where you jump out of your ship? That landing is so ninja like, and stealthy. So could stealth frames and light frames (low armor rating) have that same animation when falling from a height? Because when I run spy missions with Ash or Loki, I don't feel like a space ninja.

There's a solution to having to cope with the 'heavy land' animation lock; aiming/blocking mid-air a short bit before landing resets the fall distance value, meaning you land as if you merely jumped once.

However, having the landing animation be part of a bunch of interchangable animation sets - like stances, but for when you're running, sliding, double-jumping, aiming, rolling and so on. Sure, it ends up becoming a fashionframe element with a bit more than asked for on it, but the idea deserves inspection.

You can also just hold ctrl close before the ground (crouch) to also be a little bit more silent (for rhino that wont do anything...) to dont hear a loud sound.

Still yeah would be nice to have that animations and sounds for light armor warframes, just do you also want the "normal/non stealth frames" to keep the current animations and sound with the effect of beeing detected because of it if you dont hold aim/block before landing? Some players would maybe not welcome that part of it beeing added. And would be really bad if players that already got trouble with stealth missions, to now let them also pay attention to this element of stealth as well, should it be done like that.

Just for the feeling alone having this animation surely would be nice, and would make it logical as well. Not to sure how happy everyone would be if that other change i now mentioned would be implented. (I wouldnt mind honestly)

1 hour ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

You can also just hold ctrl close before the ground (crouch) to also be a little bit more silent (for rhino that wont do anything...) to dont hear a loud sound.

Still yeah would be nice to have that animations and sounds for light armor warframes, just do you also want the "normal/non stealth frames" to keep the current animations and sound with the effect of beeing detected because of it if you dont hold aim/block before landing? Some players would maybe not welcome that part of it beeing added. And would be really bad if players that already got trouble with stealth missions, to now let them also pay attention to this element of stealth as well, should it be done like that.

Just for the feeling alone having this animation surely would be nice, and would make it logical as well. Not to sure how happy everyone would be if that other change i now mentioned would be implented. (I wouldnt mind honestly)

I do roll dodge. But still sometimes I wanna feel cool if you know what I mean

While I would be absolutely ok with some sort of reduced falling noise to fit the stealth aesthetic, I often find myself rolling into my landings anyway as it just feels badass. To each his own though and I'm completely on-board with this idea (and while we're making stealth stealthy again, change sounds for suppressed/hushed/silent batteried weapons! >.<).