Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does one protect themselves from faulty trades.

Midas

Question

13 answers to this question

you'll have to use your own intuition to judge the people you're Trading with. and ofcourse if it's too good to be true, Et Cetera.
at the end of a Trade, a last ditch failsafe is to not spend the Plat you've Traded for for a couple weeks or so. then if the Plat is infact a scam your Account can't be autobanned for being in a negative balance.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

you'll have to use your own intuition to judge the people you're Trading with. and ofcourse if it's too good to be true, Et Cetera.
at the end of a Trade, a last ditch failsafe is to not spend the Plat you've Traded for for a couple weeks or so. then if the Plat is infact a scam your Account can't be autobanned for being in a negative balance.

Will the currency vanish?

8 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

Will the currency vanish?

If it was a scam trade, yes. You lose the item(s) and the plat. With nothing you can do to remedy it. 

Chargebacks can occur up to around 6 months I believe (one month where I live). So, that is how long you have to wait if you want to be absolutely sure it is safe.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Chargebacks can occur up to around 6 months I believe (one month where I live). So, that is how long you have to wait if you want to be absolutely sure it is safe.

Thanks for the info, I thought the chargebacks would occur sooner, like days or weeks but not bloody months.

What a sh*t way to f*ck up Tenno.

Just now, Elanair said:

Thanks for the info, I thought the chargebacks would occur sooner, like days or weeks but not bloody months.

I believe it is less in most cases.

For me, I must start a dispute within a month of the purchase date. The provider has to look at some stuff, then a refund occurs. So, if they are really, really slow, it could take much more than a month. Basically, "bad platinum" needs to be dealt with better. 

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

however no scam would actually wait that long, ofcourse. means too much money tied up into the deal, and people that are trying to blackmarket in Video Games aren't making millions a year or anything. not the sort of person that would or could tie themselves up for so long.
yno, 'that guy' that scammed you out of some sweet Riven isn't living in a Chicago penthouse with its own private runway. you get my drift.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

yno, 'that guy' that scammed you out of some sweet Riven isn't living in a Chicago penthouse with its own private runway. you get my drift.

I have no idea if a "Chicago Penthouse" is good or bad (I assume private runway means good). Maybe someone is bored and has money to burn? Why not just get random peoples' accounts locked?

It could accidentally happen too. What if I buy 4k platinum using a saved CC number, then realise someone stole my CC? The bank may do chargebacks on all purchases across X period, which could include the platinum purchase.

If u sell something over 1k, check the buyer´s profile first, if the buyer is high rank and has a lot of play hours, then it´s fine. But if the buyer is low Rank and has only few ingame played times, then u should be carefully to trade, for example player with rank 7 buy a riven of rank 13  and some of those players trade with officious plat and it causes account imprisonment.

13 hours ago, ZitaWup said:

If u sell something over 1k, check the buyer´s profile first, if the buyer is high rank and has a lot of play hours, then it´s fine. But if the buyer is low Rank and has only few ingame played times, then u should be carefully to trade, for example player with rank 7 buy a riven of rank 13  and some of those players trade with officious plat and it causes account imprisonment.

Thank you this is very helpful info to protect myself. Suprised I did not think of such.

Edited by Vladimir

On 2018-07-12 at 10:29 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

You guys have counterfeit plat on PC?? Glad I'm on console *laughs in superior masterrace*

So consoles somehow prevent purchase cancel?

Edited by Ksaero