Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player feedback

PeterScarlet

Hello,

Sorry if this is a bit all over the place, but I'm trying to get back into things. I have been away for a while do to a bad car accident, Since I was away the game has changed... a lot, plenty of reworks etc. (I was last on when PoE came out).

I have been watching videos from AGGP, Mogamu, H3adshot, Tactical and more, they all have the same way of doing things which lead to me having questions.

(this not anger or a rant just pure curiosity and confusion)

Has the game really become so..."linear"? for example:

like to farm focus the only option is onslaught with Saryn with very specific loadouts?
Orstron standing can only be done by fishing to meet the daily cap?
Hydron is the only location to lvl up?
The best way to beat Eidolons solo with Chroma with a sniper rifle?
Every weapon you use has to have a riven to do "optimal" damage?
What happened to all the variety? and unique builds? I know you guys don't control the content creators but they all have the same information in all of there videos. But in game I don't see anyone playing like them, or using their builds.

I do wanna have fun playing my way, but maybe I'm missing something? or is it because I don't have the arcanes others have? is it because I don't have the plague weapon?

I just don't know what do anymore, I want to make my operation as cool as he looks and I wanna get back up to max mastery rank but I feel off, like there's no goal or direction?

The Game looks amazing with all the changes, the story is amazing, I just don't know what do with all my energy to play the game. Should I come back when the next Story update releases? I don't know. The daily caps, feel restricting but at the same time beyond reach. It seems like either I copy the content creators to get things done or I do it my way and get nothing done.

Sorry for it being so long these are just all the question I have and it seems like there's no answer because both options have negatives, I can't even use my fav Warframe, Vauban seems useless now and because of all the reworks Ash is not the same and idk what to do with him, My clan was disbanned in the time I was gone, everything is so different in a sense...

Any help would be appreciated, Sorry to take up your time, I know there's a lot going on with new content and patches etc. I don't wanna walk away from this awesome game I've been playing for 4 years, but I feel like I'm unfit to play the game now, ya know? Since I've came back I've just been formaing my frames, I got a stronger amp and that's it.

Even A list of things to do to get ready for Fortuna would be nice! some type of direction to go in, I've been farming Focus everyday and i feel like I'm getting no where to improving my operator, in 5 hours I get around 6k focus and I see people in videos getting close to 10-13k a run, how? I dont get it 

Thank you for your time, sorry for the long message.

For Focus farming Elite Sanctuary Onsalught is the place to go, yes it gets really annoying with some things like the repeat of it and people leaving after a few waves(2-4) and the ammount of focus needed to get a lot done is a lot about 50-60million for all nodes maxed+waybounds.

There is a lot to do in frame most of it is boring farming for resources like wisps, plastids, polymer, fsih, ores and all others.

About Vauban I agree he is mostly useless I only use him for CC with maxed range with his 4 on defense, also he is not bad for MD but a Limbo beats him in that, his passive doesnt do much on higher level enemies 50+.

As for arcanes from what I seen most used arcane is Arcane Guardian its like a must have if you want a chance of damage reduction(armor increase).

Honestly I just play for the story its interesting but the devs cant create as fast as I would want, so main story quest like 1 per year with a few other quests for frames. The quests for frames are nice but I would want more about the main story

I'm afraid the streamlining isn't due to DE. The customization is still there it's just that we all like picking apart every single little thing about the game and start using the best builds and places. Hydron has been the go-to XP farm for ages now, you can do Onslaught with other Warframes it's just that Saryn is very effective for solo play, you can cap Cetus rep in many ways it's just that fishing is the fastest, every weapon doesn't need a Riven to do optimal damage I dunno where you heard that but no, and you get the idea. 

DE continues to try to balance the game and fix these things, but we'll always find a way to make it 'Streamlined' and quick for ourselves. It is a grind game after all. 

As for the massive focus gain, they go to Adaro on Sedna and run Equinox or Ivara. They stealth kill with Naramon equipped for up to 15K focus per one node, which can result in crazy things like 80K focus a mission. (That's what I get at least.) Sanctuary Onslaught I hear can give 250K a run, but that's with very specialized builds and boosters.

I constantly take large breaks from Warframe. I once went half a year without playing. Things change drastically each time and it always ends up being a load of fun. If you're getting worn out or don't feel the need to grind, just wait a bit and be ready to be blown away once you re-join. 

like to farm focus the only option is onslaught with Saryn with very specific loadouts?

Its the quickest way to cap daily but no the only way, Eidolon hunts are a good way to get focus and arcanes in one go, doing stealth exterminates or if there is a eximus sortie those will work as well.

Orstron standing can only be done by fishing to meet the daily cap?

Its the most relaxing way but not the only way, bounties also reward standing as well as resources and set mods so they are a good alt to getting standing plus a litte extra for just a bit more work

Hydron is the only location to lvl up?

lol no. There are plenty of places to level up, Alot of the other dark sector nodes give bonus xp and loot making them good spots to level up gear, if its a certain weapon you can go and do exterminates via stealth and get to 30 rather quickly if done right.

The best way to beat Eidolons solo with Chroma with a sniper rifle?

I use Trin to solo them with radiation damage weapons and do fine, I see people use quite a few different frames and weapons to take them out. Just like the game has always been you have the options to use any frame and weapon as long as they are built proper for the mission

Every weapon you use has to have a riven to do "optimal" damage?

No, the mods we have are more than enough to make most weapons enough to tackle enemies lvl100 plus. Rivens are nice and offer great stat buffs but are not required.

Hey!

Welcome back!

The game has changed but not that much and most setups that you were using before will still be good. Content creators probably were just reviewing the new things and changes so it maybe looked like the game has become linear.

Focus - you need lenses on all weapons + frame or frame + 1 weapon (if equipped only that wep) to get max benefit. How you choose to max your daily focus cap then is up to you -

1)if you like long runs you can do long survival with a premade team (where all stay together) and get a lot of focus just like that 

2)you can still do berehinia on sedna with premade team - rhino, trinity + dps (saryn, mag, equinox, volt, probably also oberon / frost etc)

3)hydron/helene on saturn/stofler on lua/io on jupiter are still viable options if you prefer those missions

4)adaro on sedna with stealth melee farming - naramon + high range melee weapon + stomp rhino / silence banshee / sleep equinox etc

5)ESO or normal mode. Best with premade team - rhino, trinity and dps (volt, equinox, saryn, maybe mag too, haven't tried her in eso yet tbh or also nova can be decent option to boost damage of teams dps frame even more...etc)

As you see there are actually quite many options...also affinity booster + smeeta kavat charm 120s buff can help in maximizing focus faster... yea, it still is quite grindy and you shouldn't try to max focus asap if you really dislike all of that grind. Almost all above options are also viable for leveling weapons and frames.

For eidolons also you have many options...standard team is volt, harrow, trinity and chroma but also can use rhino, oberon, limbo, ivara etc (important - if you know how to use them vs eidolons to help team). For solo probably trinity and oberon are best as they can better keep lures alive...maybe limbo...if you are good with him. But other mentioned frames can do well too if you want to do just teralyst or are good at keeping lures alive vs gantulyst and hydrolyst. And unairu wisp + void chrysalis for operator damage + damage reduction or madurai void strike for lots of damage are helpful. Snipers are considered best right now, especially lanka (even without riven). Can also use euphona prime or other high damage, strong crit weapon modded for radiation damage type.

For plains bounties basically everything is good esp if you have many archwing launchers or maxed zenurik max energy waybound + naramon void dash waybound. But some frames like razorwing blitz titania or zephyr or speed volt, nova etc that can move very fast on their own could maybe be more effective in navigating fast. So...you can do fishing for ostron standing or do bounties whichever you prefer :)

Well of course rivens make weapons stronger but that hasn't changed since you last played and most weapons are amazing even without a riven.

Zaws are good. You can try some of them. But many regular melee weapons aren't weaker so it isn't neccessary to have a zaw for success.

Just continue playing how you would like to and have fun!

People always find ways to be the most effective.

So yeah, content creators on youtube will show you the best way to do it.

Still, you can play Warfame anyway you like.

I personally watch Brozime for news and daily info, but I don't need to copy his builds etc.

Builds are just logic anyway.

Frames have roles, some are more versatile. Vauban is one of the worst frame I played with tho.

The goal is to your MR up, get all the weapons you want, forma what you wanna use. Play, have fun. Stack the platinum. Fashionframe. Finish quests. Stack more platinum. Wait for more content. (Or challenge yourself by playing long survivals, going into Elite Onslaught etc.)

Trying to follow a schedule/plan in Warframe is not the way to go. Having fun is the most important thing.

Play what you want, when you want.

Focusing on leveling up your operator isn't a priority unless you wanna kill Eidolons.