Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give is more mod functionality

(XBOX)LAZYNOOB2017

Now the clickbaity title has some triggered Tenno looking my way, let me explain.

I'm not talking about encouraging different build types, I'm talking about Configurations. They have one problem which removes their use almost entirely, the mod polarities aren't separate across Configs which greatly reduces how much you can change your build. An example of this would be with Umbra's new mods (don't worry, no quest spoilers here), Sacrificial Pressure/Steel. These mods do less damage against normal enemies than their normal counterparts, Pressure Point and True Steel, they do more damage to Sentients which is their equalizer, my problem is that I don't regularly fight Sentients so those mods aren't the best for me. I would use Config B but if I were to Forma a slot the polarity would change for all Configs meaning that I can't have a Sentient build and a Mainstream build.

My request is this: Let us Forma our Configurations separate from each other.

It is about encouraging different builds and it would do that. I don't know about anyone else but because of the way formas work currently I pick one optimal build per weapon and the other configs go unused. Maybe that's just me but I'd love to be able to switch between three completely different builds for each weapon I own without having to own three of the same weapon. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

It is about encouraging different builds and it would do that. I don't know about anyone else but because of the way formas work currently I pick one optimal build per weapon and the other configs go unused. Maybe that's just me but I'd love to be able to switch between three completely different builds for each weapon I own without having to own three of the same weapon. 

What I meant about not talking about encouraging different builds was that I wasn't going to talk about how everyone builds out their weapons for damage and status.

8 hours ago, RobesDF said:

I'd be happy allowing you to stack different polarities into the same slot

Yeah, but that wouldn't really make sense if you think about it. Let's say I had 3 polarities in 1 slot and I put a mod in. It's capacity would be halved by the polarity it matches but the negative polarities would use an extra 2 capacity. I think just being able to switch polarities in different Configs would be good.

9 hours ago, Koshxs said:

Yes... although it would be annoying to forma each configuration separately... it would actually be more useful... So I have to agree

I sense a potential rework here...

You know how the amount of Forma is used on an item is shown in the Equip screen? Well how about this:

All items have 0 polarities on them when they are first built/obtained, then when you Forma it, you are allowed to have one polarity on it. This polarity can be changed and moved across slots at will without the need for a special item. Each additional Forma allows 1 additional polarity on the item, so 10 Forma on a Warframe would grant complete Mastery over that Warframe across all Configs.

What do you think?