The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your best method to farm ducats?

Grieves.

What I like to do is run a few Sanctuary Onslaughts on Elite since you get Radiant Relics out the wazoo (You can get 4 every 20 min, more often than not you do because everything else in there has much lower drop rates) - then take these to any endless of the proper era.

You have to spend time in ESO instead of ducat farming, but imo the 20 min of ESO balances out because Rad relics will give you Silvers and Golds more often which translates to more ducats... and since without boosters it can take some 5-10 cracked relics to get enough traces to Rad ONE relic, and that in itself takes longer than 20 min, this just seems to be the optimal time to payout ratio imo.  

In the end bouncing between the two activities will yield more ducats per day than any other method - even over straight relic grinding because just opening unrefined relics often gives trash that only translates to 15 ducats - I'm a less is more kind of person, I'd rather open less relics and get more ducats.  Even sitting in Excavate or any quick missions with unrefined won't pay out as much.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Lith and meso excavations are the most ideal, provided you have a team that won't rush the objective. Two excavators are much faster to complete than a round of interception. Having a Limbo with max duration and minimum range would be immensely helpful.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Captures and exterminates but I tend to farm ducats indirectly. I am always farming specifically for traces and forma blueprints or rare parts. If I fail to get a forma bp (aim for around 7 per week) or the rare part then I get the ducat item.  Farming traces I will do survival since, for me it is the most fun mode to play (make the void great again, bring back permanent fissures in the void).

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

How are excavations or interceptions faster than capture/exterminate?

Excavators take 100 seconds, that's 1 minute and 40 seconds each, combining to 3 minutes and 20 seconds for a relic opening. It takes about 3-5+ minutes or more for a round of interception depending on how often you can hold all the towers. Capture? Well, I don't like having to constantly transition between mission, to orbiter, than back to mission again.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Mine is quite slow but works well for me as I play mostly solo; I run T1 spy, I make a quick run and recover the relic spend plus void traces so I can keep going until the mission disappears from the list without reducing my number of relics.

for relics cracking, I would recommend extraction capture or exterminate, interception works but is not Ideal.  for relic farm ESO is good but not the best for lith the best drop table for speed is extraction for meso there is IO and neo and axi are best on T3 interception and extraction, bring a max duration slova for QOL to both and a max range duration limbo to the interception.  

5 hours ago, JuanS said:

Mine is quite slow but works well for me as I play mostly solo; I run T1 spy, I make a quick run and recover the relic spend plus void traces so I can keep going until the mission disappears from the list without reducing my number of relics.

I use this method and solo survivals.  This way I can play at my own pace, pause, stay or leave whenever I want.  It's so nice.  😀 

14 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Excavators take 100 seconds, that's 1 minute and 40 seconds each, combining to 3 minutes and 20 seconds for a relic opening. It takes about 3-5+ minutes or more for a round of interception depending on how often you can hold all the towers. Capture? Well, I don't like having to constantly transition between mission, to orbiter, than back to mission again.

So it's about convenience and not about speed, because captures/exterminates take about 2min per relic, loading times etc. taken into account.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

So it's about convenience and not about speed, because captures/exterminates take about 2min per relic, loading times etc. taken into account.

I find excavation missions faster than captures and exterminates because you don't end the mission and restart the mission, you keep going. If you have a team that understand not to feed the 2nd extractor if you're down reactants, you can do several waves of excavations without ending and restarting a mission. - which takes time because everyone wants to readjust their underwear and smoke a cigarette or whatever before repeating the mission - very real factor. Because you skip that delay with ongoing missions (defenses, survivals also), excavations become the fastest farming.

BTW: Just farmed 5,000 duckettes for the TC relay - all pretty much excavation, defenses, capture, and exterminates.

Edited by Canach

2 minutes ago, Canach said:

I find excavation missions faster than captures and exterminates because you don't end the mission and restart the mission, you keep going. If you have a team that understand not to feed the 2nd extractor if you're down reactants, you can do several waves of excavations without ending and restarting a mission. - which takes time because everyone wants to readjust their underwear and smoke a cigarette or whatever before repeating the mission - very real factor.

But they aren't faster. The time it takes between relics + the long wait for the reward and relic choosing windows to appear makes it take at least twice as much to open a relic.

I mean, ofc there could be an issue of having a bad computer where loading a mission takes a minute and not being able to complete captures and exterminates fast for some reason.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

But they aren't faster. The time it takes between relics + the long wait for the reward and relic choosing windows to appear makes it take at least twice as much to open a relic.

I mean, ofc there could be an issue of having a bad computer where loading a mission takes a minute and not being able to complete captures and exterminates fast for some reason.

You think you're not going to choose reward, and select a new relic when you end and start a whole new mission - this delay is common to all types of missions.

9 minutes ago, Canach said:

You think you're not going to choose reward, and select a new relic when you end and start a whole new mission - this delay is common to all types of missions.

Nonendless fissures don't have the long-ass timer before the game is paused for you to choose your reward.

F-farm Ducats? 

I guess my best method is that I don't? 

If Baro actually brings something interesting then I toss whatever it is I've gathered over the last 14+ visits that he hasn't brought anything interesting into the grinder. 

I also doubt it takes 2 minutes to do fissure captures. The big thing you have to wait for are fissures to pop up which, depending on things out of your control, could take longer than normal. I've had several captures in the past take several minutes, because the fissures just wouldn't appear, forcing the team to backtrack from extraction to find more reactant. I've rarely if ever had that issue in endless missions, making round times more consistent.