Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "omg Nova Won't Let Me Kill Things Nerf Pls" Threads

SonicSonedit

First of all - my mainframe is Frost with Lanka.

There is no problem with Nova. Never was. If you want to kill things then use damage-dealing warframes like Nova, Ember or Rhino (the last ones facerolls 60< lvl enemies with his ult as good as Nova, btw), not warframes that possess superB defensive skills like Frost/Vauban or stealth-based like Loki.

Yes, some warframes (namely Trinity, Volt, Mag and Excalibur) need a boost. But boosting them has nothing to do with Nova.

Instead of nerfing fun warframes (and I do have fun when Nova in my party) and making it equally unfun for everyone isn't it better to make game equally fun for everyone instead?

PROHINT: when Nova kills a ton of enemies with Molecular Prime, Nova gets 100% of exp for warframe and none for weapons, while you get 25%/25%/25%/25% exp for warframe/main weapon/sidearm/melee, disregard how enemy was killed, so actually the only one at exp disadvantage is Nova herself.

Edit:

Alternative nerf idea https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98226-about-omg-nova-wont-let-me-kill-things-nerf-pls-threads/?p=1203512

Edit2:

Yes, movement speed reduction effect should be removed from MPrime, that's for sure.

Edit3:

In case someone didn't notice Nova got ninja-nerfed a while ago. Her ult blast radius was reduced by about -60% and blast damage by about -40%.

Edited by SonicSonedit

I don't think your stuff gets 10% exp if you kill with frame powers. I believe the only thing, gaining experience is the frame itself. Happened to me some solo runs, so I can confirm my thesis.

not at all...all the xp is shared.

You sir, are a wise wise man. At least some people have sense to realise others are just whining about not having nova!

Only kills by other players can give you exp for weapons you didn't use to kill.

No, exp is completely shared. If you kill something with your Primary weapon, that will get the most exp, where other weapons plus your frame get a small portion of that exp.

If exp was only give to things that killed the enemy, then the frames would never level up, as when they are unranked they can't kill anything on their own (this is even more so true for Trinity, who has no direct damage dealing abilities)

You sir, are a wise wise man. At least some people have sense to realise others are just whining about not having nova!

No, exp is completely shared. If you kill something with your Primary weapon, that will get the most exp, where other weapons plus your frame get a small portion of that exp.

If exp was only give to things that killed the enemy, then the frames would never level up, as when they are unranked they can't kill anything on their own (this is even more so true for Trinity, who has no direct damage dealing abilities)

If you kill an enemy that gives you 100 exp, you get 50 for Warframe and 50 for the weapon used to kill the enemy.

If you kill that enemy with a Warframe ability, your warframe gets 100 experience.

If another player kills that enemy, no matter how, you get 25 exp for warframe, 25 for your primary weapon, 25 for secondary weapon and 25 for melee weapon.

pls no moar.
I'm so close to making a change.org petition to ban Nova-nerf threads / anti-Nova-nerf threads  / pro-anti-nova-nerf threads / anti-nova-anti-nerf threads.

I swear to god, i'll get Obama involved in this.

Edited by aldershot

If you kill an enemy that gives you 100 exp, you get 50 for Warframe and 50 for the weapon used to kill the enemy.

If you kill that enemy with a Warframe ability, your warframe gets 100 experience.

If another player kills that enemy, no matter how, you get 25 exp for warframe, 25 for your primary weapon, 25 for secondary weapon and 25 for melee weapon.

^ this

I don't agree with the people complaining toning the game up to be on the level of Nova and Vauban will hurt the game.

I don't agree with those same people who say that Nova's toolset is too much.

But I feel like those guys are at the very least entitled to their opinion. Even if that opinion seems to imply keeping Warframe skillsets dull in the sake of some pretty lame state of balance where the game would only find a state of difficulty because your tools will always eventually suck.

I keep my participation in those threads and in that type of topic limited. Mostly because I'm biased. But then again, if desiring that each Warframe's toolset pack a great amount of punch and utility is biased then I'm glad to be. If thinking that the game should 'balance' Frames by having the three enemy factions expand and showcase a variety of enemies with a multitude of abilities and styles that can cause trouble for the different Frames is biased, then I wonder why more people aren't biased.

There is a part of me that gets really disappointed that people would want to keep things like they are now and balance at this level of difficulty.

Every Warframe should play and feel as good as Nova or Vauban. This game's enemies and challenges should change and meet that level that'd be set after the changes to each frame. The game would play better. It might even reach a point where high level content is legitimately difficult with some work.

-snip-

In a way I agree, but in another way it feels like we're going back to pre-U7 standards where many ultimates were quite room cleaning.

Wasn't there a reason why DE went away from that?

I'm more concerned about the fact that energy is too readily available and because of that ultimates are too spammable, especially if they are as devastating as Nova's.

In a way I agree, but in another way it feels like we're going back to pre-U7 standards where many ultimates were quite room cleaning.

Wasn't there a reason why DE went away from that?

I'm more concerned about the fact that energy is too readily available and because of that ultimates are too spammable, especially if they are as devastating as Nova's.

How the game would play with those buffs right now isn't important. What is important and ultimately best for the game is for each Frame to reach a point where its entire skillset feels really good and then change the enemy factions to be able to deal with the players.

Frames with DoTs like Venom or Status effects like Molecular Prime? Each faction should have an enemy type or two capable of cleansing statuses.

Grineer could get Combat medics, for instance. Healing their allies health and shields and the like.

Lightning fast Warframes? What if the Infested had an enemy type that dealt Freeze damage to slow a Tenno who gets hit?

You change the Enemy Factions to reflect what the players can manage. With a little work you can equip the enemies with enough Variety that players will have to be careful against at least one of the three Factions, which is a decent idea. 

You're always a little more careful around an Ancient Disruptor, aren't you? Because you know that it can silence you and drain your energy. The Enemy factions should expand to have more of those relationships. Ember should have a few types of enemy that are just good at dealing with her, so that players have something to be careful about. Same with all Warframes.

How the game would play with those buffs right now isn't important. What is important and ultimately best for the game is for each Frame to reach a point where its entire skillset feels really good and then change the enemy factions to be able to deal with the players.

Frames with DoTs like Venom or Status effects like Molecular Prime? Each faction should have an enemy type or two capable of cleansing statuses.

Grineer could get Combat medics, for instance. Healing their allies health and shields and the like.

Lightning fast Warframes? What if the Infested had an enemy type that dealt Freeze damage to slow a Tenno who gets hit?

You change the Enemy Factions to reflect what the players can manage. With a little work you can equip the enemies with enough Variety that players will have to be careful against at least one of the three Factions, which is a decent idea. 

You're always a little more careful around an Ancient Disruptor, aren't you? Because you know that it can silence you and drain your energy. The Enemy factions should expand to have more of those relationships. Ember should have a few types of enemy that are just good at dealing with her, so that players have something to be careful about. Same with all Warframes.

I agree here. We can't expect "Buffing means everything will be easy" as an indisputable fact. Sure, it may be that way for a little bit, but as DE is constantly working on fixing and improving what we have, they'll upgrade enemy types and introduce new enemy units to balance out any buffs they had put in place, like Blatantfool had said.

We can't expect everything to stay the same forever. Nerfing will do just that; it'll weaken something, but overall nothing will really change. Introducing more content and buffing when necessary opens the door to change.

There are ways to make things tough without actually nerfing. Perhaps they can focus on enemy AI and the enemies themselves. Mayhaps buffing them some more, buffing the damage of weapons and buffing the weak warframes. the grineer need a higher level planet and Phobos failed to do that. The Corpus are pathetic so no worries about them and the infestation have no armor so there are destroyed by rhino Stomp and Masma.

Where are the enemies in the level 100s. if they come, Nova would appear weak. and where are the Smarter Ai? higher level and smarter enemies are in order and the sooner they come and the other warframe buffs, the sooner nova shall suffer a damage nerf, but not because of any nerf to her, but due to high level enemies so i ask again.

Where the hell are the higher level enemies because with the current level, frames like Nova are powerful and you have other games with really high level endgame content that put skills through the test. All this buffing and Nova are in preparation for the high level enemies. Soon you won't need to do defense to reach them so the devs need to stop slacking and get to work on providing proper endgame content and not another low level planet?

What did they expect when they produce Nova without the proper endgame content to support her needs. it's silly. think about the future people. If they do not buff the frames now, you can expect extremely tough enemies found in defense.

After all that seems like the direction that they are going with all this.

Nightmare mode is NOT enough.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

There are ways to make things tough without actually nerfing. Perhaps they can focus on enemy AI and the enemies themselves. Mayhaps buffing them some more, buffing the damage of weapons and buffing the weak warframes. the grineer need a higher level planet and Phobos failed to do that. The Corpus are pathetic so no worries about them and the infestation have no armor so there are destroyed by rhino Stomp and Masma.

Where are the enemies in the level 100s. if they come, Nova would appear weak. and where are the Smarter Ai? higher level and smarter enemies are in order and the sooner they come and the other warframe buffs, the sooner nova shall suffer a damage nerf, but not because of any nerf to her, but due to high level enemies so i ask again.

Where the hell are the higher level enemies because with the current level, frames like Nova are powerful and you have other games with really high level endgame content that put skills through the test. All this buffing and Nova are in preparation for the high level enemies. Soon you won't need to do defense to reach them so the devs need to stop slacking and get to work on providing proper endgame content and not another low level planet?

What did they expect when they produce Nova without the proper endgame content to support her needs. it's silly. think about the future people. If they do not buff the frames now, you can expect extremely tough enemies found in defense.

After all that seems like the direction that they are going with all this.

Nightmare mode is NOT enough.

As soon as DE introduces new nightmare conditions I'm so gonna keep playing any missions with a no ability penalty. But I guess once the whining about certain conditions being annoying and unfair makes DE nerf them, I hope we at least end up with a "no ultimate" condition. That'll me my new home. ;)

Also looking forward to "no primary/Secondary/melee" conditions. Maybe the game could analyze the weapon loadouts of the group and disable the weapons that would be the most effective for the attempted content, for each player individually of course.

pls no moar.

I'm so close to making a change.org petition to ban Nova-nerf threads / anti-Nova-nerf threads  / pro-anti-nova-nerf threads / anti-nova-anti-nerf threads.

I swear to god, i'll get Obama involved in this.

Ok, this is going in my signature. I'm not joking. 

EDIT: AWW, we don't have signatures on this forum. :(

Edited by OblivionNecroninja

First of all - my mainframe is Frost with Lanka.

There is no problem with Nova. Never was. If you want to kill things then use damage-dealing warframes like Nova, Ember or Rhino (the last ones facerolls 60< lvl enemies with his ult as good as Nova, btw), not warframes that possess superB defensive skills like Frost/Vauban or stealth-based like Loki.

Yes, some warframes (namely Trinity, Volt, Mag and Excalibur) need a boost. But boosting them has nothing to do with Nova.

Instead of nerfing fun warframes (and I do have fun when Nova in my party) and making it equally unfun for everyone isn't it better to make game equally fun for everyone instead?

PROHINT: when Nova kills a ton of enemies with Molecular Prime, Nova gets 70% of exp for warframe and 10%/10%/10% for weapons, while you get 25%/25%/25%/25% exp for warframe/main weapon/sidearm/melee, disregard how enemy was killed, so actually the only one at exp disadvantage is Nova herself.

Have you even read the majority of anti nova threads? Its not about the kills or the XP, its about sitting there literally doing nothing because everything is dead because the nova on your team with the second fastest sprint speed in the game is running around MP, AMD, the entire wave.

Even if it was about XP, you only get XP if it dies within a certain radius of the player. So the guy defending the pod gets nothing because the range on MP is so large.