Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "omg Nova Won't Let Me Kill Things Nerf Pls" Threads

SonicSonedit

I've played Nova almost exclusively since u9. I like to be able to handle things when they get out of hand on defense and such, and having a "kill everything" to save time when the mission doesn't require Volt. If anything, everyone in my party should be thanking me every time I mprime, because I'm screwing my own xp gains in order to control the situation/make more things spawn/make things go faster. I really hope the majority of the nova rage is because people don't know how exp distribution works, and not because they're sheep. But maybe that's wishful thinking.

If people hate "Op" damage so much, then perhaps they should just get rid of damage in all the 4 abilities and give them an "op" CC effect instead.

Prime can just make enemies slow to a crawl, allow bullets to do triple damage and blind the enemy upon explosion.

Rhino Stomp should give the enemy an armor debuff ans suspend them in air twice as long.

Radial Javelin should stick enemies to the wall.

Miasma should make stagger enemies for an extremely long duration

Crush should crush the enemy armor completely obliterating it and enemies should get up really slow after being affect by it.

Sound Quake should be twice as long and Banshee should push enemies twice as far and have twice the range.

Avalanche should be renamed Snow Storm and cause a massive snowstorm can can freeze enemies at 50% rate and slow them down. Double damage done to frozen enemies and enemies within Snow Globe get frozen more often.

Absorb should draw all enemy aggro and channel all that added damage to teammates while blowing back the enemies far far away.

World of Fire should simply burn and stagger enemies melting their armor and causing constant stun.

Blade Storm should simply create shadow clones that teleport everywhere and cut up all enemies, but not kiling them. Every single enemy would be constantly staggered during the 25 slow blows.

Overload should provide constant Stun while adding elec damages to teammates weapons and constantly keeps their shields regenerating fast after all, he is the Tenno version of Jesus during Overload.

Blessing should simply add bonus damage of all 4 elements on top of current effect.

And Radial Disarm should simply make the enemy toss their weapons at the Tenno and allow the Tenno to pick them up and use them and the mod loadout of their current weapon shall carry over to the corresponding enemy weapon for s set duration.

There, you have your new Op abilities without doing any damage all the while reinforcing the idea of co-op. Now everyone's happy, there is a reason to shoot and level 500 enemies shall be the only ones crying nerf.

PS: Snow Storm shall cover the map in Snow gradually. And Volt's Overload shall add 50% more damage to enemy.

Avalanche can always drop a heap of snow on the map letting it slide in and wisk enemies away getting them stuck in the snow .

Here you go:

37934,warframe20130823023251545JXOR.jpg

Warframe experience is 700 higher because I got 200 for completing the mission objective and 500 for completing the challenge of getting 10 headshots.

Anything else?

Made a few runs to re-check myself. It looks like they changed it somewhere in U8, you were right, mate!

In case you didn't notice MOAs that burn down Frosts with 1k shields and 600hp in 2 seconds, enemies are walking the path of power creep too.

why do people just throw around the term power creep when they don't actually know what it means?

why do people just throw around the term power creep when they don't actually know what it means?

Because it is pretty common for different people to learn different definitions of the term based on where they first heard about it and over what sort of issue they learned about it from.

Because it is pretty common for different people to learn different definitions of the term based on where they first heard about it and over what sort of issue they learned about it from.

I don't really think power creep applies to warframes, 

But they do apply to weapons.

Because you do not "need" nova to beat anything in this game.

But at the same time, sometimes you do "need' iron skin to not die instantly when you solo a mission.

each of the frames seem somewhat balanced right now, and have their own niche in game-play.

However some skills need to be reworked and fixed, not because of their power, but because mechanically they suck and are broken ( nyx ) 

HOWEVER 

Power creep does apply to these content updates

Because no one is going to spend money on something unless its better then what's already on the market.

And once everyone buys that, there not going to buy the next best thing unless its "better" 

Power creep does apply to these content updates

Because no one is going to spend money on something unless its better then what's already on the market.

And once everyone buys that, there not going to buy the next best thing unless its "better" 

Welp, thats true, but still, they could do it more smoothly.

There is no problem with Nova. Never was. If you want to kill things then use damage-dealing warframes like Nova, Ember or Rhino (the last ones facerolls 60< lvl enemies with his ult as good as Nova, btw), not warframes that possess superB defensive skills like Frost/Vauban or stealth-based like Loki.

Yes, some warframes (namely Trinity, Volt, Mag and Excalibur) need a boost. But boosting them has nothing to do with Nova.

Instead of nerfing fun warframes (and I do have fun when Nova in my party) and making it equally unfun for everyone isn't it better to make game equally fun for everyone instead?

PROHINT: when Nova kills a ton of enemies with Molecular Prime, Nova gets 100% of exp for warframe and none for weapons, while you get 25%/25%/25%/25% exp for warframe/main weapon/sidearm/melee, disregard how enemy was killed, so actually the only one at exp disadvantage is Nova herself.

You are wrong. There is a problem with Nova and that problem is that Molecular Prime is too powerful.

1) It has a huge range for an ability that affects an unlimited number of targets, Excalibur has 25m as well but only affects 15 targets.

2) It does lower damage than other Ults but the explosions have a radius, this means that in situations when you are likely to use MP it will actually do more damage.

3) Places a double damage debuff on targets that lasts 60 seconds. Compare that to Rhino's Roar that adds 50% damage for 15 seconds or Banshee's Sonar which is 5 times damage for 10 seconds but only if you hit the target in the right place.

4) It slows the enemy.

Compared to other frames' damage ults Nova wins out on range, usually on damage, on debuff strength and duration. MP is overpowered compared to other frames and therefore it needs nerfing. Now nerfing it into the ground would be wrong but DE could reduce cast range/explosion range, reduce debuff strength or duration etc. That would still leave it a strong Ult but not too strong.

The reason you see so many threads about Nova needing a nerf is that it does.

PROHINT: Most people don't play games like Warframe just to grind xp. We like to contribute to things which we can't do when Nova is doing all the damage and getting all the kills. Also for people who care about such things teaming with a Nova affects your stats such as kills. When you are having your fun killing multiple mobs with Nova I am not having my fun killing multiple mobs because they are already dead.

Edited by Silvershadow66

How the game would play with those buffs right now isn't important. What is important and ultimately best for the game is for each Frame to reach a point where its entire skillset feels really good and then change the enemy factions to be able to deal with the players.

Frames with DoTs like Venom or Status effects like Molecular Prime? Each faction should have an enemy type or two capable of cleansing statuses.

Grineer could get Combat medics, for instance. Healing their allies health and shields and the like.

Lightning fast Warframes? What if the Infested had an enemy type that dealt Freeze damage to slow a Tenno who gets hit?

You change the Enemy Factions to reflect what the players can manage. With a little work you can equip the enemies with enough Variety that players will have to be careful against at least one of the three Factions, which is a decent idea. 

You're always a little more careful around an Ancient Disruptor, aren't you? Because you know that it can silence you and drain your energy. The Enemy factions should expand to have more of those relationships. Ember should have a few types of enemy that are just good at dealing with her, so that players have something to be careful about. Same with all Warframes.

Give this man a medal. 

Best Way to Nerf Nova is to indirectly nerf her.

As Blantantfool said in my other thread, we should have medical enemies that can make other enemies resistant to abilties and by default, these medical enemies are resistant to Abilities too. They can also remove the Debuff on the enemies.

First of all - my mainframe is Frost with Lanka.

There is no problem with Nova. Never was. If you want to kill things then use damage-dealing warframes like Nova, Ember or Rhino (the last ones facerolls 60< lvl enemies with his ult as good as Nova, btw), not warframes that possess superB defensive skills like Frost/Vauban or stealth-based like Loki.

Yes, some warframes (namely Trinity, Volt, Mag and Excalibur) need a boost.

And like that you lost me.

Don't diss the Cali bro.

Best Way to Nerf Nova is to indirectly nerf her.

As Blantantfool said in my other thread, we should have medical enemies that can make other enemies resistant to abilties and by default, these medical enemies are resistant to Abilities too. They can also remove the Debuff on the enemies.

True dat. Boom gets it. He understands the magic of ensuring balance between frames by introducing enemies that have something in mind to defend against new or powerful mechanics - like Status effects.

Nothing wrong with nova, just the players that play as her and spam 4 all the time

This. I joined this game to play a shooter, but a lot of the time guns seem worthless because they don't do splash damage, so players are just playing as spellcasters with swords.

I think the warframe abilities, especially the ults, should be used rarely, not all the time. Maybe put a cooldown on the 2, 3, and 4 abilities of each 'frame (leaving 1 for spamming). A commiserate nerf would have to be done on enemy difficulty, or a buff for weapons, survivability, and/or the non-ult skills of the warframes to compensate. Ult's should be just that; ultimate. They should be a last resort, an "oh-S#&amp;&#036;" button, a way to clear a path, not the primary method of attack. Maybe instead of a cooldown, limit energy drops on a timer; something like 'no more than X energy orbs will drop in a given minute' would restrict the use of most ults (at least if there isn't a Trinity on your team to recharge you, and even that would be slower), since they cost 3-4 orbs worth of energy.

This. I joined this game to play a shooter, but a lot of the time guns seem worthless because they don't do splash damage, so players are just playing as spellcasters with swords.

Because the Tenno are pretty much Spellcasters with swords. They're a cross between a Sorcerer, a Ninja and an Elite Spec Ops squad. The quietest fireballs and stealthiest rocket launchers in all of Videogames.

It is a surprise we don't have a Tenno with Magic Missile.

For now

I think the warframe abilities, especially the ults, should be used rarely, not all the time. Maybe put a cooldown on the 2, 3, and 4 abilities of each 'frame (leaving 1 for spamming). A commiserate nerf would have to be done on enemy difficulty, or a buff for weapons, survivability, and/or the non-ult skills of the warframes to compensate. Ult's should be just that; ultimate. They should be a last resort, an "oh-S#&$" button, a way to clear a path, not the primary method of attack. Maybe instead of a cooldown, limit energy drops on a timer; something like 'no more than X energy orbs will drop in a given minute' would restrict the use of most ults (at least if there isn't a Trinity on your team to recharge you, and even that would be slower), since they cost 3-4 orbs worth of energy.

I think that the abilities and how often you find yourself using them should be dictated in part by their cost. 25 energy is cheap. Spammable. That skill should be useful for that reason. I also feel like it should be really useful rolled right in with use of your gun. In fact - it should be the skill that is MOST useful alongside your weapons of choice.

Meanwhile the ultimate should be something several orders of magnitude better. It should carry the tone of the whole frame with it. I would like to see a situation where no one is ever unsure how to play a frame best because the way their 4 works more or less makes it clear what sort of thought process meshes best with their skills.

They should be able to turn the tables when a Frame is overwhelmed. They don't have to be room clear, million damage nukes. They just have to be very useful. Maybe even involving a level of risk in some cases.

There is a fair amount wrong with skills in this game here and there - but I refuse to believe that skills being useful is ever going to be a bad thing. The real ugliness is in how the rest of the game can't step up to the plate yet. Guns aren't really meshing well with skills when they definitely should. Enemies quite literally have no way to defend against most powerful skills and they definitely should. Stuff like that.

Limiting what a player can do is silly. I almost wish discussion about it would stop. There are better ways to fix these little problems that don't involve taking away from Warframes- they involve adding to the game. Something I'm willing to argue is more valuable.

You sir, are a wise wise man. At least some people have sense to realise others are just whining about not having nova!

Actually I have a nova although I dont whine about other nova users but I still dont understand why novas come to kiste or kappa where people usually go to level and only spam Mprime constantly.... surely they are there to level too which makes me wonder why they are doing xD

Doesnt bother me though seems I get XP either way and I'm usually leveling more than one thing at a time so its actually better for me lol

Also I personally cant stand using nova and havent even bothered finishing leveling her I dislike using her so much lol.

You sir, are a wise wise man. At least some people have sense to realise others are just whining about not having nova!

No, exp is completely shared. If you kill something with your Primary weapon, that will get the most exp, where other weapons plus your frame get a small portion of that exp.

If exp was only give to things that killed the enemy, then the frames would never level up, as when they are unranked they can't kill anything on their own (this is even more so true for Trinity, who has no direct damage dealing abilities)

Dont think that correct for I solo many missions using just rifle get no exp  on pistol or malee if I do that only frame and rifle get exp.

Only works in a team when you get exp from the rest of the team then you get exp on weapons you dont use.

Edited by Emolition