Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "omg Nova Won't Let Me Kill Things Nerf Pls" Threads

SonicSonedit

PROHINT: when Nova kills a ton of enemies with Molecular Prime, Nova gets 100% of exp for warframe and none for weapons, while you get 25%/25%/25%/25% exp for warframe/main weapon/sidearm/melee, disregard how enemy was killed, so actually the only one at exp disadvantage is Nova herself.

its so stupid and sad to see people speaking about EXP you can get, and forget the GAME, FUN and TEAMPLAY. what do you want to do with a game you can only have exp without fun, and without using your frame abbilities or weapons... 

i have Nova and i stopped using her cause i dont let people playing when i use her skills, or at least i asked if there is no problems, not like people like you..  YOU KILL THIS GAME, Grow up!

How the game would play with those buffs right now isn't important. What is important and ultimately best for the game is for each Frame to reach a point where its entire skillset feels really good and then change the enemy factions to be able to deal with the players.

Frames with DoTs like Venom or Status effects like Molecular Prime? Each faction should have an enemy type or two capable of cleansing statuses.

Grineer could get Combat medics, for instance. Healing their allies health and shields and the like.

Lightning fast Warframes? What if the Infested had an enemy type that dealt Freeze damage to slow a Tenno who gets hit?

You change the Enemy Factions to reflect what the players can manage. With a little work you can equip the enemies with enough Variety that players will have to be careful against at least one of the three Factions, which is a decent idea. 

You're always a little more careful around an Ancient Disruptor, aren't you? Because you know that it can silence you and drain your energy. The Enemy factions should expand to have more of those relationships. Ember should have a few types of enemy that are just good at dealing with her, so that players have something to be careful about. Same with all Warframes.

i agree pretty much because whining about nova for being nerfed is only gonna make abit more unbalance, if in future enemies gets tougher and enough to deal the offensive frames in a rough manners and will only make things into their own advantage.So as for now its good the way nova is right now,as for during u9 release honestly to you guys who hated nova for spammin m prime mostly i was one of them because i always use ogris and whenever i used to see nova they always used to either spawncamp or just m prime from any open space so that her ability reaches to every enemy as much as possible and booms them out instantly,but it took me awhile why some ppl did depend till i found out nova too has limits with her m prime ability as it gives any bonus 2x damage on your opponent for using any weapons or ability on them which is very good against high lvls like 100+ and beyond.so please don't whine about it,just be patient enough so you can get used to them for their m prime spams.besides free exps wont hurt for u to get it without u to do anything (although its unfair at times when we actually have to use our weapons or abilities to level up which we have to adjust with),so i am sure evryone will get used to it soon so that nova as one of good offence frames is pretty handy for teamworks or against high level enemies (levels 50-80s) when your leveling weapons or frames.

i agree pretty much because whining about nova for being nerfed is only gonna make abit more unbalance, if in future enemies gets tougher and enough to deal the offensive frames in a rough manners and will only make things into their own advantage.So as for now its good the way nova is right now,as for during u9 release honestly to you guys who hated nova for spammin m prime mostly i was one of them because i always use ogris and whenever i used to see nova they always used to either spawncamp or just m prime from any open space so that her ability reaches to every enemy as much as possible and booms them out instantly,but it took me awhile why some ppl did depend till i found out nova too has limits with her m prime ability as it gives any bonus 2x damage on your opponent for using any weapons or ability on them which is very good against high lvls like 100+ and beyond.so please don't whine about it,just be patient enough so you can get used to them for their m prime spams.besides free exps wont hurt for u to get it without u to do anything (although its unfair at times when we actually have to use our weapons or abilities to level up which we have to adjust with),so i am sure evryone will get used to it soon so that nova as one of good offence frames is pretty handy for teamworks or against high level enemies (levels 50-80s) when your leveling weapons or frames.

Damage mechanics are getting an overhaul. Same with armor mechanics. Enemies won't scale as ridiculous anymore and they will be a lot more easier in higher levels. If these overhauls arrive Nova will be beyond OP.

The main problem is... warframe is co op game; however, most players just want to snag all the kills... any frame with AOE ability specailly nova is favored because of this reason. Run faster than other players and kill more than other players. TBH, I am sick of this behavior... there is no concept of COOP play and nova's not helping.

The main problem is... warframe is co op game; however, most players just want to snag all the kills... any frame with AOE ability specailly nova is favored because of this reason. Run faster than other players and kill more than other players. TBH, I am sick of this behavior... there is no concept of COOP play and nova's not helping.

MOST KILLS WINS!

So Nova I choose you!

This mentality will always be with a large portion of players due us being more or less 'programmed' to enjoy besting other people to feel special.

So many times I have seen, Nova with Fang or Dual Zoren, Shift+Ctrl+E to the spawns and mobs to press 4, never near the pod unless they are about to die.

It is not an issue with the damage Molecular Prime does.

Nova is not OP.

This issue is Molecular Prime 'claims' enemies for the player using Nova even before the enemies are dead.

Fix:-

The kills from triggering Molecular Prime should only go to the player who sets off Molecular Prime.

Not straight to the player with Nova who has been spamming Molecular Prime to make sure they have the highest kills.

It's much better than fighting fire with fire by Rhino stomping a split second after Molecular Prime has been used to cancel out the kill claim.

I believe this 'fix' will reduce the amount of Molecular Prime spam, reduce nerf Nova threads significantly, make people choose Nova primarily based on completing the mission rather than because Molecular Prime gets me the most kills.

Edited by VER1

MOST KILLS WINS!

So Nova I choose you!

This mentality will always be with a large portion of players due us being more or less 'programmed' to enjoy besting other people to feel special.

So many times I have seen, Nova with Fang or Dual Zoren, Shift+Ctrl+E to the spawns and mobs to press 4, never near the pod unless they are about to die.

It is not an issue with the damage Molecular Prime does.

Nova is not OP.

This issue is Molecular Prime 'claims' enemies for the player using Nova even before the enemies are dead.

Fix:-

The kills from triggering Molecular Prime should only go to the player who sets off Molecular Prime.

Not straight to the player with Nova who has been spamming Molecular Prime to make sure they have the highest kills.

It's much better than fighting fire with fire by Rhino stomping a split second after Molecular Prime has been used to cancel out the kill claim.

I believe this 'fix' will reduce the amount of Molecular Prime spam, reduce nerf Nova thread significantly, make people choose Nova primarily based on completing the mission rather than because Molecular Prime gets me the most kills.

No.

I've said it before and i'll say it again

IT'S NOT FUN SITTING AROUND, DOING NOTHING, WHILE NOVA DESTROYS ENTIRE ARMIES OF PEOPLE

Have you even read the majority of anti nova threads? Its not about the kills or the XP, its about sitting there literally doing nothing because everything is dead because the nova on your team with the second fastest sprint speed in the game is running around MP, AMD, the entire wave.

Even if it was about XP, you only get XP if it dies within a certain radius of the player. So the guy defending the pod gets nothing because the range on MP is so large.

this still means its about kills bro

Damage mechanics are getting an overhaul. Same with armor mechanics. Enemies won't scale as ridiculous anymore and they will be a lot more easier in higher levels. If these overhauls arrive Nova will be beyond OP.

well i am not sure though but there is some limits in every frame to hold high level enemies at certain rate till u have high dmg or max modded weapons....but yeah i can't help much if people are spawcamping with nova in spawnpoints and u don't receive exps...i do face same..but it can't be helped but soon they will regret it,if the enemies level scales and damage goes high enough to 1 shot nova as well before or after she uses m.prime and also since she's highly offensive frame like saryn and others so its pretty much she wont last long till vigor or redirection+vita max mods are equipped.although i have never used nova but i know her mechanics well when i saw how nova does well with her abilities which makes her one of the best frames for offence.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

well i am not sure though but there is some limits in every frame to hold high level enemies at certain rate till u have high dmg or max modded weapons....but yeah i can't help much if people are spawcamping with nova in spawnpoints and u don't receive exps...i do face same..but it can't be helped but soon they will regret it,if the enemies level scales and damage goes high enough to 1 shot nova as well before or after she uses m.prime and also since she's highly offensive frame like saryn and others so its pretty much she wont last long till vigor or redirection+vita max mods are equipped.although i have never used nova but i know her mechanics well when i saw how nova does well with her abilities which makes her one of the best frames for offence.

How about you people get outta defense for once in your life. Survival is coming...

How about you people get outta defense for once in your life. Survival is coming...

well survival is no different than defense except you have to keep moving around or stay one side in a map for camping and for safe teamwork and taking drops,so yeah i did survival and reached more than 1 hr in both corpus and infested although 55 min in grineer.so it wont make much difference in survival mode as well because it follows similar feature except drops of o2 only is the exception here.

well survival is no different than defense except you have to keep moving around or stay one side in a map for camping and for safe teamwork and taking drops,so yeah i did survival and reached more than 1 hr in both corpus and infested although 55 min in grineer.so it wont make much difference in survival mode as well because it follows similar feature except drops of o2 only is the exception here.

And you have to deal wit constant spawns that Nova can't keep up with allowing everyone to kill as much as they like. Can't imagine her dominating for hours.

No.

IT'S NOT FUN SITTING AROUND, DOING NOTHING, WHILE NOVA DESTROYS ENTIRE ARMIES OF PEOPLE

When I play with other Novas I shoot non-stop.  When I play Nova, the rest of my team doesn't stop shooting.  More stuff dies faster so more stuff spawns.  I don't know what game you are playing where you have nothing to shoot because Nova killed it all.  That does not happen in Warframe unless you just sit in a corner and pout at the score statistics instead of playing.

Edited by ThePresident777

There are good places to camp in all the maps.  You don't have to run around in survival and doing so is counter productive if you're all over it because it scatters loot and if you die in a far corner you probably will not get revived.

No.

You totally missed the point or my post was too long for you to read to the end.

Many players using Nova are spamming Molecular Prime because it 'CLAIMS' the kills.

If a player with Nova knows the chances of the enemies they 'claimed' before death with Molecular Prime will all be taken by another player who set off Molecular Prime, it will make the player spamming Molecular Prime think about when to use it rather than just spam it everywhere.

No real point in spamming an ult if the kills don't always go to you.

juz nerf the NOVA....hate her evrytime i see him in def misiion....n mostly nova player all cocky...think they so godly huh.....annoying

And so your reason you want Nova nerfed is due to Molecular Prime being spammed and them taking all the kills?

How abut if Molecular Prime did not always guarantee them all the kills?

Do you think they would act like they are better than everyone else?

Would they even choose the warframe?

Edited by VER1

You totally missed the point or my post was too long for you to read to the end.

Many players using Nova are spamming Molecular Prime because it 'CLAIMS' the kills.

If a player with Nova knows the chances of the enemies they 'claimed' before death with Molecular Prime will all be taken by another player who set off Molecular Prime, it will make the player spamming Molecular Prime think about when to use it rather than just spam it everywhere.

Except for the people who don't care about getting MLG OVER 9000 kill count.

And so your reason you want Nova nerfed is due to Molecular Prime being spammed and them taking all the kills?

How abut if Molecular Prime did not always guarantee them all the kills?

Do you think they would act like they are better than everyone else?

Would they even choose the warframe?

i know all ppl want kills n strong warframe but this warframe too OP half the ppl in warframe can see by themself as proof....all warframe ult spell looks useless when nova around spam here n there.....u think we all supp n only u nova the hero??its ok if want to make an OP skill but each warframe will have one OP skill but thats not the ULTIMATE SPELL....nova is killing the game...no fun at all....coz he KS evrthing.....even through the walls....even in the vauban vortex he ks also....we juz all support so that she can kill huh?keep that in mind.....

You are wrong. There is a problem with Nova and that problem is that Molecular Prime is too powerful.

1) It has a huge range for an ability that affects an unlimited number of targets, Excalibur has 25m as well but only affects 15 targets.

2) It does lower damage than other Ults but the explosions have a radius, this means that in situations when you are likely to use MP it will actually do more damage.

3) Places a double damage debuff on targets that lasts 60 seconds. Compare that to Rhino's Roar that adds 50% damage for 15 seconds or Banshee's Sonar which is 5 times damage for 10 seconds but only if you hit the target in the right place.

4) It slows the enemy.

Compared to other frames' damage ults Nova wins out on range, usually on damage, on debuff strength and duration. MP is overpowered compared to other frames and therefore it needs nerfing. Now nerfing it into the ground would be wrong but DE could reduce cast range/explosion range, reduce debuff strength or duration etc. That would still leave it a strong Ult but not too strong.

The reason you see so many threads about Nova needing a nerf is that it does.

PROHINT: Most people don't play games like Warframe just to grind xp. We like to contribute to things which we can't do when Nova is doing all the damage and getting all the kills. Also for people who care about such things teaming with a Nova affects your stats such as kills. When you are having your fun killing multiple mobs with Nova I am not having my fun killing multiple mobs because they are already dead.

Your prohint my &#!. Did you even actually read the post?

OP already admitted that Excalibur and some other Frame does need buff, but that's got nothing to do with Nova.

I teamed with Novas before as an Excalibur with a Braton Prime, and I still par kills with it.

Nova, Vauban, Frames are a weapon. There's no such weapon that's too powerful. It all depends on the person who wields it.

Give Nova to a noob, they won't know what to do with it. If you're having trouble getting kills, or maintaining your e-peen because your actual one is too damn small, then you sir. You're the one who got problem, not Nova. Get some skill. 

And if you think Nova's Ult is unnecessary powerful, then I can safely assume that you don't have a Nova yourself. Try kill a level 60+ mob without using Ult and tell me how it goes. Nova's ult is a compliment to her frailness. If you suggest her Ult be nerfed, you better damn well buff her HP/Shield/Armor damn high.

Also the reason you see too many post about asking Nova to nerf isn't because it needs one. It's because Nova isn't easy to come by, either Pay for it, or grind on a flying boss with rare drop rates. Like YOURSELF, many people care so much about their stats and e-peen that they think it matters in real life. That's why people are asking for it to nerf, because even in a virtual world, you can't get the stick up.

God dayum, and you and your self-righteousness..."No YOU'RE WRONG!!! I'm uber 1337 pwn n00b attitude". You sir need a slap in the face to wake up and get back to reality for a bit. People like you sickens me, I wouldn't even regret saying that even if I get a warning point. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand.

I use Nova myself. I have the ability to spam Ult non-stop, with max range.

But that does not mean I spam it when I like.

There's a few reason I'll use my Ult.

1) When there are more things than I can handle, while the team isn't helping taking the load off. I use Ult as a self-preservation.

2) More enemies, more graphic lag. Lots of enemies = The team isn't doing their damn job right. I use Ult as mob clear, so game will run smooth, and team can start fresh.

3) You wanna be an A******? You wanna run out and get all the kill yourself? Sure, let's compete! I'll head out too and spam Ult every 5 seconds until enemies aren't able to spawn. I use Ult as retaliation to jackasses.

I use Nova effectively while not abusing it's power.

Conclusion?

Like I said before, Frames are weapons, they're a means to an end. It's not about what ability they have or how strong or weak. It's about who wields it. BLAME the Players, NOT the Game.

i know all ppl want kills n strong warframe but this warframe too OP half the ppl in warframe can see by themself as proof....all warframe ult spell looks useless when nova around spam here n there.....u think we all supp n only u nova the hero??its ok if want to make an OP skill but each warframe will have one OP skill but thats not the ULTIMATE SPELL....nova is killing the game...no fun at all....coz he KS evrthing.....even through the walls....even in the vauban vortex he ks also....we juz all support so that she can kill huh?keep that in mind.....

Keep that in mind that...LEARN TO SPELL.

This is another reply about kills. Look, drop your e-peen and get a life. I have no trouble having a Nova in my team, I have no trouble being a Nova while there's another Nova in my team, and I have no trouble not having a Nova in my team. Conclusion: I don't understand why you're having so much trouble having, or not having Novas in your team.

Topic already pointed out, he admitted that Excal and bunch of other Frames are under power, but that's got NOTHING to do with Nova. Nova isn't killing the game, players like YOU are. "NERF THIS, NERF THAT. I can't get kills, I can't get my stick up!" I'm so sick of you whiners asking for nerf. Get yourself a Nova and stop crying. 

On the other note, are you old enough to be playing Warframe yet? It's rated T for teens, but how you word things? You dont' sound like it.
Edited by Rain-Maker

Am already getting so much pity for Nova with all these threads. Though I really don't care that any Nova kills more than I do. Its just that I care mostly that I get the EXP despite it's a little shared. I even appreciate them coming and killing everything during a Mobile Defense so it keeps the mobs flowing and flowing and giving EXP everywhere.

But really. I did hate Nova at first, but then I don't when these threads are just sky-rocketing everywhere, pushing Nova back and forth.

Threads like these are almost like "Why is Excalibur in a highest boss, used as a starter? Please restate."

Come now guys. You gotta understand.

if you think Nova's Ult is unnecessary powerful, then I can safely assume that you don't have a Nova yourself. Try kill a level 60+ mob without using Ult and tell me how it goes. Nova's ult is a compliment to her frailness. If you suggest her Ult be nerfed, you better damn well buff her HP/Shield/Armor damn high.

if you think Ember's overheat is unnecessary powerful, then I can safely assume that you don't have a Ember yourself. Ember's overheat is a compliment to her frailness. If you suggest her overheat be nerfed, you better damn well buff her HP/Shield/Armor damn high.

just saw some similarity

if you think Ember's overheat is unnecessary powerful, then I can safely assume that you don't have a Ember yourself. Ember's overheat is a compliment to her frailness. If you suggest her overheat be nerfed, you better damn well buff her HP/Shield/Armor damn high.

just saw some similarity

Look at my badge, please safely assuming that I already own everything own-able up to date.

Ember have no issues, it's just slow. Fix that with a rush mod. It's a fire-base Frame, use it on Infested faction to maximize potential. And if you think Ember is fragile, you're doing it wrong.