Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "omg Nova Won't Let Me Kill Things Nerf Pls" Threads

SonicSonedit

I don't agree with the people complaining toning the game up to be on the level of Nova and Vauban will hurt the game.

I don't agree with those same people who say that Nova's toolset is too much.

But I feel like those guys are at the very least entitled to their opinion. Even if that opinion seems to imply keeping Warframe skillsets dull in the sake of some pretty lame state of balance where the game would only find a state of difficulty because your tools will always eventually suck.

I keep my participation in those threads and in that type of topic limited. Mostly because I'm biased. But then again, if desiring that each Warframe's toolset pack a great amount of punch and utility is biased then I'm glad to be. If thinking that the game should 'balance' Frames by having the three enemy factions expand and showcase a variety of enemies with a multitude of abilities and styles that can cause trouble for the different Frames is biased, then I wonder why more people aren't biased.

There is a part of me that gets really disappointed that people would want to keep things like they are now and balance at this level of difficulty.

Every Warframe should play and feel as good as Nova or Vauban. This game's enemies and challenges should change and meet that level that'd be set after the changes to each frame. The game would play better. It might even reach a point where high level content is legitimately difficult with some work.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, powers should be more situational or have cons that get more severe the more powerful the abiliy is. And Enemy variety and/or specific restances is one way to go about it. But designing the powers themsevelves to be that way is important too. Because simple binary states - either the power works or it's pretty useless - is also a bit boring - enemy resistances for example would fall under that cetegory.

Nontheless once the armor system overhaul is in, having some enemies with heavy resistances to explosion damage would be a good start to make MPrime less of a brainless "I WIN" button.

But there at least needs to be more of a rock<paper<scissors system, even better better more combo opportunities.

Thats why i think Vauban doesn't hurt the game (even tho Bastille still needs some work) - he can set up combos which at least requires some kind of prep work. But Novas MPrime is simply omnipotent atm. For example simply changing it to only having a chance (e.g. 50%-66% on max fusion - or make it dependent on distance) to affect an enemy would help a lot - now it would not be a simple press 4 to win and clear several rooms anymore - but combining it with CC would still be absoluely devastating.

Edited by DitsyPixie

People don't think Nova's OP because she's "stealing" kills (I'm pretty sure you actually made this up to make everyone who has a different opinion than you sound like a moron). She's a damage dealer, she should be doing most the damage and therefore getting a lot of kills. People think she's OP because she's better at dealing damage to every faction than every frame in the game and has amazing utility along with that, better than most non damaging frames.

i know all ppl want kills n strong warframe but this warframe too OP half the ppl in warframe can see by themself as proof....all warframe ult spell looks useless when nova around spam here n there.....u think we all supp n only u nova the hero??its ok if want to make an OP skill but each warframe will have one OP skill but thats not the ULTIMATE SPELL....nova is killing the game...no fun at all....coz he KS evrthing.....even through the walls....even in the vauban vortex he ks also....we juz all support so that she can kill huh?keep that in mind.....

To lazy to read the whole post then don't reply.

I stated a fix which would reduce the chances of Nova kill stealing to stop people like your self getting upset at not having a chance at being king kill.

Allow Nova to use Molecular Prime as she always has but whoever sets off Molecular Prime gets the kills.

So for example the player with Nova sees Ash Blade storming through a big mob so rushes off to spam Molecular Prime to claim the kills.

Thing is Blade storm is going to set off Molecular Prime even before Nova can shoot to set it off since Blade storm is already active.

So in effect the player with Nova is denied their kill steal.

This in turn stops Ash for getting kills stolen from them as what usually happens with other warframe ults.

Yes Nova is no fun when the player chooses to spam Molecular prime to claim kills even before the enemies are dead. (or as you have stated kill stealing or if lazy abbreviation 'KS').

Fun is a subjective term. Sure I love to dominate the game, enjoy and have fun if I want to, hard games don't provide that opportunity but there is a bottom line to the dominance as well. It has to go pretty deep to become more annoying than enjoyable but it exists and sadly for me, Nova is below the bottom line. Why, you may ask. Why do I find her boring if I like to dominate? She is simply too good at what she does, she leaves little to no opportunity for other players to do anything and that is not fun when she can instantly kill all the enemies without any backfire. If I wanted to play a game where the idea is to press X button to play and win I would play it.

Sure, other frames have something along the line as well, but nowhere nearly as devastating, boring etc. than Nova has, since they don't kill all the enemies in your sight and especially in later levels they are next to any other ability which occasionally is very fun. Nova on the other hand dominates in all levels of play and to me that is too much dominance. Now don't get me wrong, her kit is is fun, very much so but because she is so powerful I find her disgusting to use, I feel bad for other players, unethical to use her and when something get's to that point, I leave him/her/it aside.

P.S I think Vauban has achieved his balanced state, other non mentioned frames need some quality of live tweaking still.

Instead of nerfing her damage output (and this is what she is supposed to do as glass cannon) I would rather nerf her surviability. A lot. Right now she has:

Health: 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30) (660 max)

Power: 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

Armor: 50.0

Shields: 75.0 (225.0 at rank 30) (495 max)

I would change it to:

Health: 50.0 (150.0 at rank 30) (330 max)

Power: 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

Armor: 10.0

Shields: 25.0 (75.0 at rank 30) (165 max)

With these changes Nova sure as hell won't campspawn. With these changes she would go down a lot faster even at lowlvl - and this would make her  much less popular amongst casual and solo players, moving her from frontline-nuker/solo to support-nuker/party. A lot of people would probably whine about it. "Omg I can't  pwn solo no more make her one of faceless medium-damage medium-hp frames". I surely hope she will not become one of these and keep her glass canno niсhe.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Look at my badge, please safely assuming that I already own everything own-able up to date.

Ember have no issues, it's just slow. Fix that with a rush mod. It's a fire-base Frame, use it on Infested faction to maximize potential. And if you think Ember is fragile, you're doing it wrong.

wow

Just saw some similarity in whats going on with ember in threads and with what you posted, it matched up so I switched Nova and M.prime around

I am not attacking you

chill out

Buff Null Star and give it 10 balls or 7 + Armor Ignore, than you can nerf Prime. Also make it so you are invulnerable after going through worm hole for 3-5 seconds.

Also give Null Star damage reduction based on the number of balls she has left and anyone hit with the ball suffers 25% more damage or 5% that stacks.

Edited by OOLuigiOo

Buff Null Star and give it 10 balls or 7 + Armor Ignore, than you can nerf Prime. Also make it so you are invulnerable after going through worm hole for 3-5 seconds.

Also give Null Star damage reduction based on the number of balls she has left and anyone hit with the ball suffers 25% more damage or 5% that stacks.

This has something to do with the topic at hand how?

People don't think Nova's OP because she's "stealing" kills (I'm pretty sure you actually made this up to make everyone who has a different opinion than you sound like a moron). She's a damage dealer, she should be doing most the damage and therefore getting a lot of kills. People think she's OP because she's better at dealing damage to every faction than every frame in the game and has amazing utility along with that, better than most non damaging frames.

Nova is not a damage dealer.  Nova is a force multiplier.  She is the only force multiplier in the game.  She's fun as hell.  And boring nerfers are trying to kill her.

Nova is fun.  Games are about fun.  Leave nova alone.  Make game modes to challenge the nerfers then we'll see if they really want nerfs to raise the challenge level of the game.

Fun is a subjective term.

Exactly!  Yet the thought of sharing the game with people of different opinions doesn't occur to you as you go on supporting nerfs that affect everyone.

........... she leaves little to no opportunity for other players to do anything and that is not fun when she can instantly kill all the enemies without any backfire. If I wanted to play a game where the idea is to press X button to play and win I would play it.

That is not true.  I've played plenty of Nova and played with plenty of other Novas.  The entire team is busy shooting off guns and abilities.  As soon as M.Prime takes effect someone else sets it off.

Nova on the other hand dominates in all levels of play and to me that is too much dominance. Now don't get me wrong, her kit is is fun, very much so but because she is so powerful I find her disgusting to use, I feel bad for other players, unethical to use her and when something get's to that point, I leave him/her/it aside.

I don't care if she dominates.  What is important is fun.  I have found my fun playing Nova.  Nerfing her just reduces here to the state of the other Warframes which so many people are saying need help.  and I agree, that a lot of the Warframes need some fun injected into them.  Nerfing Nova is not going to make other Warframes better.

P.S I think Vauban has achieved his balanced state, other non mentioned frames need some quality of live tweaking still.

I don't.  I had more fun with the previous version of Bastille.

P.S.  I want to leave the following thought for the nerfers to contemplate.  Imagine if all your food tasted slightly different.  Bon appetite.

Nova is not a damage dealer.  Nova is a force multiplier.  She is the only force multiplier in the game.

Banshee would like to have a serious talk with you >=D

Exactly!  Yet the thought of sharing the game with people of different opinions doesn't occur to you as you go on supporting nerfs that affect everyone.

BETA never presented his/her opinion as fact and never said nova lovers opinions are wrong... which you in turn are doing vs supporters of MPrime being changed.

You think Nova is fun. Both me and BETA think she's mindnumbingly boring. Noone of us is wrong, we are discussing opinions, not facts o.o

It's for DE to sort out the mess and try to get a grasp what the opinions of most players seemt o be and think about what they want to do.

Edited by DitsyPixie

Nova is as much fun as cheating. The first 5 minutes are a blast, then it gets very boring very soon.

How someone could play Nova and say that this is fun, I have no clue.

She becomes fun again when mobs are starting to get to level 100+ and you cannot instakill the whole room with her.

BETA never presented his/her opinion as fact and never said nova lovers opinions are wrong... which you in turn are doing vs supporters of MPrime being changed.

You think Nova is fun. Both me and BETA think she's mindnumbingly boring. Noone of us is wrong, we are discussing opinions, not facts o.o

It's for DE to sort out the mess and try to get a grasp what the opinions of most players seem to be and think about what they want to do.

Exactly. Opinions are opinions, I am not an expert on the field, I am just a mere gamer so I share the experiences how I feel about such a subject. While I agree that Nova gives a player opportunity to shoot from time to times and that other players get to shoot a Molecular Primed enemy as well, that is not fun to me as it  does not matter who kills the Primed enemy, they all die instantly so occasional press right mouse to shoot and kill everything with it is not fun, no matter is it you, is it someone else, it yells boring but like Disty Pixie here stated, it is our shared opinion about the whole subject and thus it is not a fact, it is an opinion =)

nova is only fun whe u urself playing n all ppl got annoy with u.....futhermore if the player is 'press 4' button type...zzz...sometime look so desperate to press 4....so lame.....i do not blame nova juz the MPrime...it makes the game really boring...that if only 1 nova if got 2 nova?u barely touch the creeep trust me......i agree that nova is a dmg dealer....but the term dmg dealer dont means it can instakill all mob with one blow......if u said all dmg dealer like that...it is so lame how u think then...see ember he also a dmg dealer but the skill is very pain but decent not so EXCESSIVE....that will make the game fun....at least pls make the game that we can work as a team to win not juz....hey nova use ur ult n we win....LOL.....reducing MPRIME dmg would be good for the game to get its fun once more.....n i assure that ppl get irritated when got nova in game n some more when always spam 4.....to make the game better i suggest up the lvl of mob n optimize the dmg of all ULTIMATE spell on warframe to similar numbers...not much diff on dmg...so that gonna bring the fun back....n make us work as a team not always racing to get creeps kills...

Bansee is almost never used because she highligts random part of the body. It can result x10 dmg or x2.5 (while Nova give x2 everywhere, which means there will always be x4 head damage). Also Banshee oftenly highlights body parts that impossible to hit. I think Banshee needs a boost: highlighted area should be bigger/wider or it should be the same random body part for every enemy affected, not different body part for every enemy.

... well the biggest issue of all is that ppl do not know how to take advantage of the skills and capabilities of other frames and have the intelligence of relating and cooperate with other frames and their own powers/capabilities, so, when there is no capabilities, obviously nothing works, perhaps never will!

Nerfs and Buffs are (in my opinion) a wrong way to look into what needs to be (in fact) fixed, the term that should convey both terms should be "Adjusting" it to the gameplay, instead of constantly ruining the game and spoiling other ppls fun. Ranters will always exist, even if it is all done as they wish, it's a problem of existence, nothing more.

Edited by Ophoria

Nova is getting looked at again. Confirmed in the livestreams. They might rework her ultimate since currently it is an all in one. Bonus damage, very useful CC, largest range of all the ultimates, lots of damage with each explosion.

She is meant to be a high damage frame yes? Why does she cause CC? It's either the CC that will get nerfed or the massive range.

People _really_ don't understand nova, you are correct.

Does Nova burn through low ranks and eat the kills? Sure.

Now go fight a level 125 gunner with out that damage buff and tell me she still needs a nerf.

It's a matter of waiting what will happen with the armor revamp. I'm pretty sure a lot of Warframes and weapons will need a rebalance if the armor revamp makes a large impact.

Nova is getting looked at again. Confirmed in the livestreams. They might rework her ultimate since currently it is an all in one. Bonus damage, very useful CC, largest range of all the ultimates, lots of damage with each explosion.

She is meant to be a high damage frame yes? Why does she cause CC? It's either the CC that will get nerfed or the massive range.

Do you even know what CC is?