Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack End of Mission Suggestions

coldForce3000

Railjack looks really fun and I'm super excited for it. However, I also wanted to leave some feedback regarding the way the mission ended.

Background: at the end of the TennoCon Railjack mission, [DE]Megan ran to the airlock once [DE]Rebecca knocked out the Corpus ship.
Upon the airlock being reached, it appeared that everyone cut to a cool cinematic of the Railjack warping off into infinity.
I understand that the mode is still under development, and that that might even have been a special ending specifically for TennoCon, rather than how missions are planned to end.
For purposes of this feedback post, however, I'll assume that's how Railjack missions are intended to end.

What I don't like about the end of mission cinematic:
The cinematic was cool for the demo; however, it breaks the immersion that was previously held up to that point.
It felt like all [DE]Megan had to do was just leave the ship and the mission would have immediately ended; even if her squadmates were busy putting out fires on the Railjack or having an Archwing dance party.
It broke the concept of seamless transitions; again, completely fine for the demo, but personally not desirable for the released version.

My ideal end of mission: Require everyone who isn't both downed and unrevivable to make it back inside the Railjack first.
Then, require a manual warp out of the sector; a large red button on the engineering console saying "WARP" or its Tenno equivalent would work.
Nuances to the warp: shields, weapons, and normal engines are all de-powered during warping. Damage can interrupt the warp or, if there's too much, even cause the mission to fail.
Thus, we don't simply fight to the target, infiltrate it, blow it up, and leave immediately. We still have to shake/kill any pursuing fighters.
We still need to get a safe distance away from the exploding capital ship before it goes critical; leaving us the option to watch detonate from a safe distance, or, if it's a really big reactor, maybe have a timer where if we don't extract before it explodes the mission fails.
Then, when we do extract, there's no cutscene. It looks just like transitioning from the surface of Venus to orbit, except this time it's from orbit to the Void.
Once in the Void or wherever we sent the Railjack, the squad can get ready for the next mission, select another ship in a new sector, and punch back into battle.
That should provide a pretty seamless experience.

My ideal failed mission: Having a cinematic like the one shown at TennoCon does make sense for failed missions: everyone's out of revives, or we flew in a straight line in front of a Formorian, or something along those lines.
If that happens, a cinematic where Ordis teleports everyone back on board, and then emergency warps out much faster than normal while complaining about our ineptitude seems reasonable.
Everyone would still end up onboard the Railjack in the void, but there'd be a cooldown on punching into a new sector while Ordis repairs the damage down by the emergency warp; say, five minutes or so.

Unrelated note and probably something super hard to make reasonably, but would also be super cool: Can we have space-to-ground combat please?
It'd be like assaulting the Death Star, if the Death Star was Phobos.

Thanks to DE for the incredible demo and all the passion they show for this game! (Honestly I think I'll play Railjack a bunch even if none of these suggestions are taken.)

Thoughts?