Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Equivalent of the Bombard?

Spartan336

The Corpus are a cool faction, but it's ultimately weak compared to the two big mobs the Grineer has. The Heavy Gunner and The Bombard. 

They have a Gunner equivalent, the Corpus Tech, but I'd like an equivalent to the Bombard at some point. Perhaps rolling with a Penta or at least some kind of Corpus grenade launcher? Armor will be stronger than shields for a long time now but I'd like to get both factions on at least equal roster footing. 

5 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

They don’t need one, they have stuff equal to that. We don’t need more counterparts, that’ll just make them reskins 

DE are good about reskins. The Corpus Tech, while having similarities to the Heavy Gunner, most certainty isn't the Gunner with a new skin. 

12 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Isn't the Comba/Scrambus already equipped with explosives? Those Special Detrons are more annoying, too. (Seriously, why can't we have that?)

Yeah, some of them use seeking Angstrums, very painful and making me want the ability to do so with our own. Much like Bombards have seeking rounds that fire rapid fire instead of charging to shoot like ours. Corpus also have Bursa which sorta fill those heavy roles.

Grineer while heavy on armor, they don't have stuffs that disrupt our warframe power. So dealing with Grineer tends to be easier than with Corpus. Though I have to agree that Grineer has more firepower to make up with what they lack

Edited by kyori

35 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Corpus also have Bursa which sorta fill those heavy roles.

I don't think comparing them to the Bursa is fair, since the Bursa only show up when the alarm is triggered. But yeah, it would be better for each faction to be more unique.

36 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Yeah, some of them use seeking Angstrums, very painful and making me want the ability to do so with our own. Much like Bombards have seeking rounds that fire rapid fire instead of charging to shoot like ours.

Yeah, can we ask DE to make those variants available to us? Or maybe as a mod?

7 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

I don't think comparing them to the Bursa is fair, since the Bursa only show up when the alarm is triggered. But yeah, it would be better for each faction to be more unique.

Yeah, can we ask DE to make those variants available to us? Or maybe as a mod?

That would probably be the most acceptable to them, but honestly, after a while, you have choose between having mods that make the weapon work the way you want and progression mods, its sadly the way the enemy scaling works. If nothing else, I would appreciate enemies using launcher type weapons to have to worry about self-damage! 😁 For consistency of course...

59 minutes ago, TheMandarin said:

Bursa is 10x stronger than a bombard, and its missiles have homing abilities, while the bombard doesn't. 

Bombard Ogris rounds seek with limited turns now. Used to be almost full seeking, you had to jump quickly towards them. Bursa have lower life and armor if shot in the back. Depending on the Bursa though, I would agree they can be quite annoying! The Isolator Bursa in particular, not due to the nullie grenade they have, but because their knockdown and drag move has incredibly long duraiton.