Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Scarf and Details Toggle

Alaeacus

5 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

Imagine if they told you Limbo Prime had to keep the same hat on every one of his skins, or Loki is forced to have his vanilla helmet across every skin.

but it's not a helmet. your comparison doesn't work. did you forget prime details existed? man, such an easy strike and you blew it

14 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

but it's not a helmet. your comparison doesn't work. did you forget prime details existed? man, such an easy strike and you blew it

If you don't understand analogies, please don't act like you do. It is not a requirement for two factors in comparison via analogy to match 100% all details and characteristics, for the analogy to be valid. No other warframe but Umbra has a scarf. Does that mean it should be handled 100% different than all other warframes, in all facets? Why do mods work on him the same way? Why do weapons work the same way? Why does Umbra get to wear all Syandanas, despite they very clearly being incompaible? Don't be ignorant.

The hat is a cosmetic feature that changes with skin change. The only cosmetic features on all other warframes that do NOT change with skin change, are Prime details. ALL of those have a toggle. Umbra having cosmetic features that do not change with skin change, without a toggle, is violating DE's own systems that they have until now upheld, and we have come to expect, thus spending our money with the expectation.

Arbitrarily not treating Umbra the same way is stealing money from players who had a reasonable expectation in their purchases. An expectation DE created themselves.

Also, I see you didn't try refuting the Volt comparison.

Edited by AlMcFly
  • Like 1

On 2018-07-13 at 11:16 AM, AlMcFly said:

No other Prime is treated this way.

Actually Rhino Prime also has this problem with his Rubedo Skin. I'm not sure about Vauban Prime and his Phased Skin but I assume it has the same problems. Also I like using the default skin for Excalibur quite a bit so I'm in favor of it. I think the argument "Just use the original then." doesn't really hold any ground since there are stat bonuses and Umbra Polarities to keep in mind as well as having to keep the original Excalibur causing you to take up a slot for it.

So here's a bump in hopes that this gets looked at.

Edited by DishSoap
  • Like 1

Toggle Prime/Umbra details should apply to all skins, not just Tennogen. For example, using a base skin on a prime makes it look like the base warframe, but if you use the immortal skin on the prime, it still uses the prime's body and shows the prime details -- and I find that infuriating. It also makes sense for Excalibur Umbra's scarf to be an auxillary item, like others have been suggesting.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Console pleb here.

It makes zero sense that Umbra's details can't be toggled. I've kept vanilla Excal around just for fashion purposes, yet I enjoy using him less than I enjoy Umbra. There's several Excal skins I've been eyeing (Corpra and Exaltation when console gets it) that I'm flat out not going to buy because Umbra's scarves obscure it. I also don't like how much bulk his armor panels add to him, kinda ruins the Power Ranger thing I had going with my Dexcal skin. Even within the context of the game's story there's no reason Umbra has to have a scarf.

I fail to see how reducing player choice regarding cosmetics helps a game that's largely funded by players buying cosmetics.

More versatility is better.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been away for about three months playing Monster Hunter World and suppose I should stop in to keep this thread going (even though I'm convinced it's only falling on deaf ears).  I'm still just as annoyed by this scarf as I was when Umbra was launched. Actually I might be more annoyed overall, since I feel less enthusiastic about playing Warframe now as I did then.  

• Like 1

Separate coloring wouldn't fix the biggest issue. It needs to be a toggle and have separate coloring as an auxillary slot. The largest issue is that it noticeably clips with Excalibur Umbra's base model (and every skin) with every animation set, especially where the metal piece on his left shoulder blade is concerned. 

• Like 3

Agreed, Scarf should be Auxiliary, possibly with unique coloring options, and the "Umbra Details" should be a toggle like Prime Details are, and it should even be an option on the immortal skins, which while they aren't tennogen, and therefore not necessarily bought with "real money", they're still payed for by platinum, the currency that gets bought with real money.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

immortal skins, which while they aren't tennogen, and therefore not necessarily bought with "real money", they're still payed for by platinum, the currency that gets bought with real money.

Remember as well that on console, you pay for both Tennogen and immortal skins with platinum, and therefore I think they should both be treated equally anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still hoping to see an aux' slot for the Umbra scarft and a button for "umbra details" like the prime have.
Just to make it fashionable without any clipping. It's laways in the way or clipping trough armors, syandanas, capes, etc...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to come in and say that, to this day, Excalibur's Proto Skin is STILL broken on Umbra with chest armor.  DE are you going to refund my money on this wasted Deluxe Skin purchase or are you going to put in a Scarf toggle like everyone in this thread wants?

SwpTaxt.png

bump

i have several suggestion for this problem (since he's a little bit of a hassle to fashion to.)

• Umbra's Scarf : Put the Umbra Scarf as a standalone default syandana just like Khora with her back spikes. So it's either you USE the scarf, or NOT.
    "Should I use Syandana on Umbra?" is the question that I really asked when I start to Fashionframing Umbra the first time. Because the clipping of it is just phenomenal and I can't even use some of my favorite syandanas because it look bad with Umbra's Scarf clipping around everywhere.

• Golden Bits/Details : How hard could it be to just use Shadow Stalker's meshes?
    Because Shadow Stalker and Umbra literally had the same type-model just without the excessive metal bits.
    (although Shadow Stalker still have some of the small metal parts like the shoulder piece, chest piece, and back piece, those are normal and minimal because it's the place for energy colors).
    Just use that for the "Toggle Prime Details" option to opt the model to Shadow Stalker's Umbra model without Hunhow's Loincloth. (and yes i know, some people prefer to remove the whole addition entirely, i think that would just make him another plain Excalibur, not a special Umbra Model.)

• Loincloth : Put them in the Auxiliary Slot, you can do this to Nidus Deluxe's loincloth so why not Umbra?

All of this are meant to apply on default plain Excalibur type-model. (for example: Tennogen skins, Immortal, Dex)
A little bit of fun fact: if you use Tennogen skins on Umbra, the normal Excalibur type-model would get stacked by Umbra's bits and actually shows up by clippings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for skins that changes the model of Excalibur
Additions/Bits/Details: the "Toggle Prime Details" should remove them entirely on for example, Excalibur Proto-Armor. The details just washed the Proto Armor aesthetics by those Golden bits and details, should've able to remove them completely. (especially when they're mentioning if there will be an Excalibur Deluxe because Proto Skins and Deluxe are 2 different type of skins on Tennocon 2018 Art Panel.)

• Like 1