Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Scarf and Details Toggle

Alaeacus

4 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

While fashionable, Umbra’s overrides take away from overall potential looks of this unique Frame when combined with other skins. We would like to provide the option to toggle Umbra Scarf and Crescents on/off - and here’s how we’re going to do it: on Skins, the Umbra details will now be off by default, and you will be able to toggle these on as you so choose. As Excalibur Umbra has not followed the “true” Prime Frame rules, this process has been a bit complex, but we have used the tools that we have available to make this work. When you see ‘Toggle Prime Details’ on the Excalibur Umbra, know that it means ‘Scarf ‘n’ Stuff’! Hope you all enjoy the change!

Yay! 

Although this at one time could be toggled via a UI bug. >_>

LtITFy4.jpg

8 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback on this in the past year, and (although delayed!) we would like to take the time to address what is a slightly tricky topic. We understand the frustration of the current inability to better customize Excal Umbra’s fashion, and the inconsistency this Frame has faced in comparison to others. In the past, our rule of thumb has been to allow for Prime Frames to have toggle options for TennoGen as TennoGen artists do not have the Prime Models to work with. 

While fashionable, Umbra’s overrides take away from overall potential looks of this unique Frame when combined with other skins. We would like to provide the option to toggle Umbra Scarf and Crescents on/off - and here’s how we’re going to do it: on Skins, the Umbra details will now be off by default, and you will be able to toggle these on as you so choose. As Excalibur Umbra has not followed the “true” Prime Frame rules, this process has been a bit complex, but we have used the tools that we have available to make this work. When you see ‘Toggle Prime Details’ on the Excalibur Umbra, know that it means ‘Scarf ‘n’ Stuff’! Hope you all enjoy the change!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS YALL, DE !!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

EDIT:
Out of curiosity, could you be more specific about how Umbra's extra attachments (scarf, loincloth, crescents, etc) are different from the "true Prime Frame rules" in terms of implementation? Are all of these parts managed by a single toggle, or will scarf / loincloth / crescents be treated separately from each other somehow (e.g. having separate toggles for the scarf and the loincloth+crescents)? 
If all of these things are managed by a single toggle, then could an Umbra potentially appear indistinguishable from a regular Excalibur when wearing the same tennogen skin?

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

When you see ‘Toggle Prime Details’ on the Excalibur Umbra, know that it means ‘Scarf ‘n’ Stuff’! Hope you all enjoy the change!

Wait wait wait please separate scarf from other Umbra details by putting it in auxiliary slot, I don't want the looks completely gone, just want to use syandana instead of scarf sometimes.

Edited by Ksaero
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback on this in the past year, and (although delayed!) we would like to take the time to address what is a slightly tricky topic. We understand the frustration of the current inability to better customize Excal Umbra’s fashion, and the inconsistency this Frame has faced in comparison to others. In the past, our rule of thumb has been to allow for Prime Frames to have toggle options for TennoGen as TennoGen artists do not have the Prime Models to work with. 

We did it guys and gals!  Perseverance at its finest.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWHRtEMuiJ0Wn3sIVKclT

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

the end of an era of complaining and bumping the thread is here.

thank you for doing this!

3 hours ago, Refticus said:

the end of an era of complaining and bumping the thread is here.

thank you for doing this!

A new era is approaching. An era of complaining about scarf not being separate from other Umbra stuff.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

A new era is approaching. An era of complaining about scarf not being separate from other Umbra stuff.

It clips with the chestplate and Syandana...

On 2019-07-19 at 3:41 PM, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

Not to sound pushy, but is there an ETA on this update? The phrasing makes it sound like its out already, but there isn't anything new on console or any patch notes about it on PC.

• Like 1

Yes, I know that Excalibur Umbra is Objectively better but honestly I like Excalibur more because he just doesn't have the scarf and everything thats on umbra, I wish i could turn everything off on umbra so i can play looking like the og

20 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I'd suggest you read the latest news before making any posts. they're gonna fix the scarf thing soon giving you the option to remove it 

Sweet, here's hoping that they also let us toggle Mag Deluxes bib too and Wisps built in cape for science reasons. 

Edited by Oreades

29 minutes ago, ne0m1s said:

No, you cannot turn off the scarf for example

You can't ? 

Hmmmmm.... oh well... if only you had Excalibur Prime.... 

Oof !!!

28 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I'd suggest you read the latest news before making any posts. they're gonna fix the scarf thing soon giving you the option to remove it 

Well thats irrelevant. The point is its not fixed now....

Personally I don't mind but I see why most players want to have the option to change it...

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Well thats irrelevant. The point is its not fixed now....

Personally I don't mind but I see why most players want to have the option to change it...

As a heads up it's not at all irrelevant. In fact it is the only relevant response here as they have now been informed that the thing they want is a change that is coming. Whereas you misinformed OP and brought up excalibur prime as a joke who isn't even relevant to the topic of uunbra's scarf vs normal excal skin. 

Edited by (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ne0m1s said:

Yes, I know that Excalibur Umbra is Objectively better but honestly I like Excalibur more because he just doesn't have the scarf and everything thats on umbra, I wish i could turn everything off on umbra so i can play looking like the og

Same bro same! Excalibur is the best frame!

20 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Really? May I ask when they said it? 

I don't know if DE announced it anywhere, but reading "recent news" isn't going to tell you anything.

Here's the thread with a DE response though:

its-over-its-q96aop.jpg

5 hours ago, (XB1)alchemPyro said:

Not to sound pushy, but is there an ETA on this update? The phrasing makes it sound like its out already, but there isn't anything new on console or any patch notes about it on PC.

Not a pro but I don't think it's gonna take too much time. It's essentially the same to how they do it on a prime warframe coz all umbra cosmetics and scarf included are just extra 3D models being put on a re-textured Excalibur. 

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125 said:

As a heads up it's not at all irrelevant. In fact it is the only relevant response here as they have now been informed that the thing they want is a change that is coming. Whereas you misinformed OP and brought up excalibur prime as a joke who isn't even relevant to the topic of uunbra's scarf vs normal excal skin. 

An Honest Mistake.... im only human after all.... also your solution is great for a Theoritical Build Of Warframe that doesn't exist....  but in the actual game as it exists now.... Its useless....