The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Sentient Mimics exist outside of the Sacrifice?

In the Sacrifice, there is a Sentient enemy unit, the Mimic, which disguises itself as normal objects i.e, an Orokin storage container. Can these enemies spawn normally on Lua or are they specific to Sacrifice? (like the decaying Sentients are specific to Octavia's Anthem)

Edited by (PS4)Azoth_Light

No, but I would love to see them outside Sacrifice.

"Oh, sweet, an Ayatan"

"SURPRISE" *lasers*

*Walks past container, but it's a mimic*

"HOLY LASERS"

This would seriously mess with people's heads and I love it. Even if it was very rare, it'd be amazing.

Especially if the change was unlisted.

Actually, they have a chance to spawn in every mission after sacrifice, often masking as resource deposits or hacking consoles and with much higher level, often strong enough to oneshot any frame.

Im surprised neither of you ran into them.

5 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Actually, they have a chance to spawn in every mission after sacrifice, often masking as resource deposits or hacking consoles and with much higher level, often strong enough to oneshot any frame.

Is that so? Haven't ran into them at all. They were really cool in the quest and it'd be awesome to see them more.

10 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Really?

I've explored several tilesets fully for one reason or another, and not encountered any.

Is the chance just low?

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Really?

I've explored several tilesets fully for one reason or another, and not encountered any.

Is the chance just low?

I assume nobody is just really bothering to break resource deposits these days.

Then again, now they can break you.

Just now, -skimmer- said:

I assume nobody is just really bothering to break resource deposits these days.

Then again, now they can break you.

I use Limbo, and he can smash open resource deposits pretty well with his 4. With how many casualties that wind up happening from my fights, you'd think I'd have found one...

Welp, No choice but to go a-hunting. Anywhere I should be looking to maximise my chances?

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I use Limbo, and he can smash open resource deposits pretty well with his 4. With how many casualties that wind up happening from my fights, you'd think I'd have found one...

Welp, No choice but to go a-hunting. Anywhere I should be looking to maximise my chances?

If you are asking where I ran into them last, try Earth.

There are some guides that study how and where objects like resource deposits spawn on maps, but thats usualy used for ayatan farming.

Just now, -skimmer- said:

If you are asking where I ran into them last, try Earth.

There are some guides that study how and where objects like resource deposits spawn on maps, but thats usualy used for ayatan farming.

Thank you.

Now I need to find one of them.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

"Oh, sweet, an Ayatan"

"SURPRISE" *lasers*

The only way I would be cool with the whole Ayatan Mimic thing is if the Mimic only copied an Ayatan if there was an actual Ayatan in the current map. 

So it wouldn't be so much a strait Ayatan juke (even tho it kinda would be) because you would at least know that there was an actual Ayatan somewhere. 

Just now, (PS4)Azoth_Light said:

OH GOD, THE LIMBOS COULD COME FOR REVENGE

It can't be the Limbo! People hate Limbo already, they'll never get close!

WAIT! THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY WANT US TO THINK, IT'S THE PERFECT DISGUISE! ATTACK THE LIMBOS!