Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Salem - Witch/Spirit Frame w/ pictures

Nothael

Introduction:

I posted this description awhile back but now there are pictures of what she could potentially look like. Salem is a frame based on the aesthetic idea of a witch. Her abilities are inline with the idea of a stereotypical witch. Her passive and part of her abilities are based on the concept of a ghost or spirit. The main idea of how she is played is along the ideas of not necessarily keeping yourself alive. Her passive is activated when her health reaches zero. I go into more detail down below. Her abilities are based on the idea of causing damage to her enemies while helping her allies without helping herself. She doesn’t have great stats for survivability but that is intentional she is intended to use her passive which only works when she “dies”. If you have any thoughts or suggestions please post them below.

Stats:

I have laid out an idea of what I thought would be a good baseline for states below.

Rank 0

Shield: 100

Health: 100

Armor: 25

Speed: 1.05

Shield Recharge: 22

Power:  175

Rank 30

Shield: 200

Health: 200

Armor: 100

Speed: 1.05

Shield Recharge: 22

Power: 250

Aura Polarity: Vazarin

Polarities: One Madurai in upper left

Description:

Salem is intended to look like a stereotypical witch mixed with a “witch” from during the 1690’s. The concept that came to mind was a corset paired with a knee length Elizabethan era hoop skirt. This would then be paired with a large stereotypical witch’s hat, similar to something that comes up on a Google picture search of a witches hat. The only major change to the hat is that it should not be a stiff point and be more slicked back. Base colors are that of dark purples and blacks. She also carries her wand on the inside of her right forearm. She wields a wand that is used to cast all of her abilities. Her wand is mounted to the inside of the wrist and hinges out for use. She has a spellbook that is mounted onto her left waist but is not used for her abilities.

The pictures below were made by DJ: Warframe Account - ChikaraDo

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32844a51822c982a66jdi26.png

VNdExqp.png

M9tCIRV.png

Acquisition: Quest

For her quest, since most all frames are now introduced in quest format, would require the player to retrieve certain parts of her that would have to be built and would be components in building the three parts that all frames are built with. The parts that would be used to make Salem (Systems, Chassis, Neuroptics) could be placed into any other part of the game. The way that the quest would go would require the player to travel around to shrines that were built to keep Salem from resurrecting. The parts that are spread around are her Wand BP, Hat BP, and Spellbook BP. When the player approaches the items on the shrines a version a Salem is spawned that needs to be fought. When the player completes the mission, the corresponding BP is awarded. The idea is that three missions could be completed in any order and would be presented to the player at the same time. Missions before this could be lore that DE would want to use and missions after this could be the same and completing the quest results in the Salem BP. I would also want the quest to be associated with the Arbiters of Hexis as them and Steel Meridian are the only syndicates without frames and Steel has had events revolving around them before. I feel Arbiters has been neglected.

·         The Salem Wand is a component in Salem Systems.

·         The Salem Spellbook is a component in Salem Chassis.

·         The Salem Hat is a component in the Salem Neuroptics.

Abilities:

Passive: Spirit Form:

When "killed" she goes into her spirit form. Spirit form is not considered to be an alternate downed state like Inaros's sarcophagus. Spirit form drains energy from Salem's energy pool. When energy pool reaches zero the player goes into a normal downed state. Spirit form locks the player into exalted wand that Salem uses to cast all her other abilities. It acts like the Latron with an alt fire similar to the Opticor, any enemy hit with an attack from the Latron style attack will be cursed and any enemy hit with the Opticor like attack will be hexed. Cursed and Hexed are affects from her other abilities listed below. While in spirit form the player can still use their abilities and all the abilities cost less energy than normal. Spirit form is also incapable of getting pickups (Energy, Health, Ammo, Resources, Affinity) and cannot be damaged as Salem has no health while in Spirit Form. Energy Drain while in spirit form is affected by Bleedout Duration, Duration, and Efficiency. Spirit Form is a translucent version of Salem. The appearance of the Spirit Form takes on the same appearance of the player and the color of the spirit is determined by energy color.

1: Curse - 25E

Casts in a sweeping wave in front of the player. Enemies hit by the wave become cursed and stunned. If Salem is in her Sprit Form the enemy is rag dolled and pushed instead of being stunned. When a cursed enemy dies Salem gets energy based on the amount of health they had.

2: Hex - 50E

Casts in a growing AoE based in duration around Salem. Enemies that are hit with the AoE have their soul and body separated. This process creates a soul cloud of the enemy that is static with the soul’s position being were the enemy was when they were affected by Hex. As the enemy moves away from the soul they begin to be affected by a bleed proc. The strength of the proc increases as the distance grows. If an enemy is cursed when they are Hexed they pulse health out to teammates when the slash proc deals damage.

3: Jinx - 75E

Creates an aura around Salem that if an enemy is within that when Salem takes damage the enemies in the area also take that damage (proportionally). This ability does not make Salem take less damage but deals a proportional amount of the damage taken out to enemies in the area. This means that if Salem loses 10% of her health an enemy that is affected also loses 10% of their health. This in turn means that if Salem dies while the ability is active all enemies that are affected also die i.e. 100% of Salem’s health = 100% of enemies’ health. If an enemy is cursed and within Jinx's area of effect, they take double the damage (non-proportionally) that they would normally take from Jinx so, if 10% of enemy health = 100 points, then doubled = 200 points not 20%. 

4: Sacrifice/Resurrect - 0E / Atleast 5 cursed enemies

Can be cast for all the players health. When cast while alive it pulses out all the players health and fully heals all allies within a range. When activated while in spirit form Salem steals health from all cursed enemies and revives. The amount of health that Salem steals is equal to 5% of an enemies max health per cursed enemy when cast.  All cursed enemies have the amount of health Salem steals taken from their health pools. When activated all cursed enemies’ curses are lifted.

Edited by Nothael

You took the time to create and write all this so I took the time to read and look at all of it. Unfortunately I don't have any constructive criticism and that's because it's all meticulously thought out and planned. Very well done. I would like to give Salem a go, can we add it into the game now? 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

You took the time to create and write all this so I took the time to read and look at all of it. Unfortunately I don't have any constructive criticism and that's because it's all meticulously thought out and planned. Very well done. I would like to give Salem a go, can we add it into the game now? 

Thank You for taking the time to read it and leave a comment. Your lack of criticism gives me hope that my thoughts went in the right direction. I would really like to have more people look at this and preferably someone at DE and they like it as well. 

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎13 at 1:02 PM, Nothael said:

4: Sacrifice/Resurrect - 0E / Atleast 5 cursed enemies

Can be cast for all the players health. When cast while alive it pulses out all the players health and gives it to all of the other players equally. When activated while in spirit form Salem steals health from all cursed enemies and revives. The amount of health that Salem steals is equal to her life pool. All cursed enemies have the amount of health Salem steals taken from their health pools. When activated all cursed enemies’ curses are lifted.

This is the only area I'd criticize.  Basically, she kills herself to heal everyone around her, but with that low base hp, she will not really be useful as a healer, and, again, using it to damage enemies would do nothing beyond a very low level.  Anything past lvl 20 or so, even if she did true damage with the skill, would be virtually ignored because it was so small.  Just a thought, maybe make it do a full burst heal, and then on revive do a percentage of the enemy's hp, increasing for each enemy cursed, or, alternatively, decreasing from 95% or so, so that she can either massively damage an important enemy or hurt an entire mob.

12 hours ago, Littlemike137 said:

This is the only area I'd criticize.  Basically, she kills herself to heal everyone around her, but with that low base hp, she will not really be useful as a healer, and, again, using it to damage enemies would do nothing beyond a very low level.  Anything past lvl 20 or so, even if she did true damage with the skill, would be virtually ignored because it was so small.  Just a thought, maybe make it do a full burst heal, and then on revive do a percentage of the enemy's hp, increasing for each enemy cursed, or, alternatively, decreasing from 95% or so, so that she can either massively damage an important enemy or hurt an entire mob.

You make a really good point, I hadn't been thinking about the fact that since her healing and damage are based on her health making her fourth ability do very little damage and very little healing. I like the idea that you gave and change how the amounts are done. I like the idea of doing a full heal on Sacrifice and I think 5% of enemies health per cursed enemy while keeping the minimum of 5 cursed enemies. This would allow for 25% minimum max health stolen on cast and at 25 enemies cursed 100% of enemies max health. 

3 hours ago, Nothael said:

You make a really good point, I hadn't been thinking about the fact that since her healing and damage are based on her health making her fourth ability do very little damage and very little healing. I like the idea that you gave and change how the amounts are done. I like the idea of doing a full heal on Sacrifice and I think 5% of enemies health per cursed enemy while keeping the minimum of 5 cursed enemies. This would allow for 25% minimum max health stolen on cast and at 25 enemies cursed 100% of enemies max health. 

That sounds about right, unless you are in infested survival or SO/ESO you aren't going to be cursing 25 enemies at once, so those numbers should work.  Other then that, as I said, she seems a well thought out, balanced frame, which would be fun to play.

• 1 month later...

Hey, artist, person, thingy, who had the fun opportunity to take a stab at making the model for Nothael's Warframe concept. Never really tried making a model like this before, so it was pretty fun. Anywho, tried adding some more details by doing some sculpting in mudbox and thought I'd share. 

Edited by ChikaraDo

hace 1 hora, ChikaraDo dijo:

Hey, artist, person, thingy, who had the fun opportunity to take a stab at making the model for Nothael's Warframe concept. Never really tried making a model like this before, so it was pretty fun. Anywho, tried adding some more details by doing some sculpting in mudbox and thought I'd share. 

What software do you use for this?