Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we have 6 players in fortuna and railjack?

lyry19

My question is simple:

Do you guys think that we need 6 player-coop for the upcoming updates known under the codenames of fortuna and railjack?

For fortuna, the only reason we could have 6 players would be that, it's multiple times bigger than the plains of eidolon, here, it's just me being greedy.

But for railjack, I feel like it is a necessity, if you look at the needed roles in the ship and during battles, we have, the two main turrets, the pilot, the commander(ship commands, main device, hacking, main cannon), we have the janitor(checking life support, holes, fire, intruders) and finally, the intruder(archwing, localizing the core of the enemy ship), and that's only what we could see from the demo, it makes a total of 6 roles, but with only 4 players, we need one to switch between pilot and commander, one as the intruder, and two for turrets and janitors, that's a bit hard, especially when the commander's role seems complicated and being stuck in place without a pilot is almost insta-death.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

4 players railjack is enough or should we have 6 players railjack?

Edited by lyry19

I think keeping it to four makes it a bigger incentive to improve your teamwork, making you coordinate roles, and instead of having a player for each role. The way I see it is that you have 3 players on the turrets, and one managing here the power is directed as need, and, when necessary, fighting fires while your crew is manning the turrets. Then, when the time comes, infiltrates the ship.

@lyry19

Edited by TaurusDeRoma

I personally would like to see a 6 player mode somewhere in Warframe. I used to play raids despite their BS difficulty because of the fact I could play with my whole circle of friends at any given time. But, since that's been removed, I kind of feel like I've lost my reason to play most of the time. (Since if the whole crew is together, we have to find another game that can fit everyone.)

It can already get choppy, on console and older (average) p.c rigs, when 4 players are all going at it...won't 6 player matches be impossible, then?

I guess if a move towards updating the minimum p.c specs needed to run the game, combined with an awareness of an imminent console cycle starting, were accepted and declared, with a view to increased demand on hardware that would enable 6 players, more detail etc...it could go one of several ways.

Those with future proofed p.c hardware, who perhaps feel the game needs a refresh and is being held back by "weaker" hardware, would welcome it and see it as the natural evolution of the experience. 

Or they may feel it is not about elitism and want to maintain the integrity of the community.

Others, those being left behind and unable to upgrade their hardware, would feel frustrated.

It would seem that a fully fledged sequel is really the only way to start afresh in that sense.

I think it's important to remember that these game modes are designed around 4 players, not more. Everything will function as it should when Railjack launches, and if it doesn't then tweaks will likely be made to the mechanics themselves, not the amount of people allowed to play.

The short answer: I don't think we "need" more players, at best people will "want" more players.

I'd like to see different *versions* & balances of rail jack level. 4, 6, & 8 (or more)

I was never able to get into the Trials - (Jordas Verdict & Law of Retribution) - but I always found them to be an incredible motivator in terms of a *reason* to grind. There's a different feeling when playing a 4 player vs. an 8 player group and I'd love to play the larger party.

I think 3-4 is fine, because not all roles are needed at all times. Keeping it down to 3 or 4 adds just enough a level of challenge, with your crew needing to man the right stations for the right needs. So you have to actually work together as a team to overcome this together.

I see it as... you've got the pilot, who also handles the command console and the main gun. The pilot would essentially be the "leader" of the group - because you're always going to need somebody shot-calling when you're working on a team. (So he could always delegate the command console if he wants)
Then you've got the two guys handling the side turrets - these guys can also handle clean-up inside the ship when there's a boarding party, because side turrets do not need to be constantly manned.
And I personally feel the 4th role should be that of Archwing (including boarding enemy vessels). I could see this player flying about outside the ship helping to fight off enemies where possible, like a small fighter-craft, until he is needed to board an enemy ship. He could also help cover the ship when the 2 on the gun turrets need to step off for other tasks. (This is where having a shot-caller could matter. Maybe he calls out for the left turret to handle the boarding party and fires, so the Archwing player only has to worry about enemies on one side - or he could call for the Archwing to come inside and help clean up, whatever it takes.)

If you add too many people, you'll eventually have people just sitting there with nothing to do. When that happens, you better believe they will abandon their "stations" and go look for a job that needs doing.

That being said, we don't yet know what else may be needed for Railjack. In Devstream 113, they stated that it will be a whole new mission system, with way more mission types than just fighting capital ships. We also don't know what the other levels of the ship look like, nor do we yet know what sort of modules could be added to a ship to alter it's capabilities (and thus maybe there are other jobs on the ship that could need doing).
Maybe the group will need to split up between mission objectives for an Interception mission, or for chasing down capture targets, or who knows what else. Maybe at some point you'll need to have most of the crew off the ship, with just the pilot controlling it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

I see this topic is really divided, 

For 4 players:

8 players was not too laggy during trials, but with the lag that this giant open-space map will create, things could be really hard to handle.

We should remember the ordis modules that will allow the turrets to be controlled by bots(ordis), this allows for the turret roles to be taken by non-player entities and now forces only 2 roles: pilot and boarder.

For more than 4 players:

I heard that the ship has a second floor that was not yet shown, 4 players would really be impossible here.

It is possible that this ship/gamemode will be linked to clans, and big fights with multiple players from the same clan would be much better than a 4 player-ship fighting alone, but here, it's only opinion, we know DE cannot do this without proper servers.

As we can see, we only have one solution: wait until they say something about the player count within this gamemode during a future devstream, or wait until it comes out

(Or we could spam DE(please, don't do that))

Edited by lyry19