Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Map PVP for warframe

(PSN)lokaspoka

2 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Warframe has added frame fighter which is a 2d fighter not shooting i dont see why they can keep going

Yes, but Warframe Fighter was added as a spin-off game within a game. By no means is it at the centre of the gameplay. It's the same as if you said Warframe should add a Clash of Clans spin-off because it already has phone game spin-offs such as 'Flappy Zephyr' or whatever the Worm minigame's called.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Hate train lol.  You mean hype train?  This topic has also been made more than once.  I don't care how you word it.  He's suggesting a BR mode and not every game needs it.

Apparently since BR is now considered lowest common denominator gameplay literally everything that has more than 18 player pvp is Battle Royale, even if it existed before Battle Royale.

0mKXcg1.gif

You're on the hate train, he's on the hype train. Good lord, it's worse than I thought.

Edited by AXCrusnik

26 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

I thought this was gonna be about BR mode as well but he's talking about battlefield style gameplay so it'd be more like how Solar Rails worked but on a bigger map with vehicles. Still not something I can see being super successful right now.

Still could be, blackout cod's up coming battle Royale is supposedly 60 people and vehicles. 

But yeah the game's to flawed at it's core to work.

3 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Apparently since BR is now considered lowest common denominator gameplay literally everything that has more than 18 player pvp is Battle Royale, even if it existed before Battle Royale.

0mKXcg1.gif

Play word games all you want.  Let's get 100 Simon Belmont's running around whipping each other in the next Castlevania.  We won't call it BR though it'll just be callrd massive PvP because it existed before that term.  We can still shoehorn it in though because apparently every game has to have it.  They need it so bad people will argue the naming of it when you disagree.  Clap clap clap.

Edited by (PS4)thowed
Typo

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Play word games all you want.  Let's get 100 Simon Belmont's running around whipping each other in the next Castlevania.  We won't call it BR though it'll just be call massive PvP because it existed before that term.  We can still shoehorn it in though because apparently every game has to have it.  They need it do bad people will argue the naming of it when you disagree.  Clap clap clap.

Naming lmao. They are fundamentally different modes. Battlefield players mostly play Conquest or Rush, which are objective based modes, not massive FFAs. But you've probably never been exposed to battlefield style gameplay. Either way you clearly won't see past your very closed minded view point so, have a day. I don't particularly care if it's good or bad.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Naming lmao. They are fundamentally different modes. But you've probably never been exposed to battlefield style gameplay. Either way you clearly won't see past your very closed minded view point so, have a day. I don't particularly care if it's good or bad.

Oooooh tough don't care if it's good or bad.  Your one of them people.  Well I don't care if you see tomorrow.  Have a good one or not.

Who? A BR player? HAHAHA. Wow all you seem to do is assume. okay bye for real assumer9000.

One of those edgy don't care if your day is good people.  BR fights until 1 left.  BF massive PvP with respawns.  Either way every game doesn't need a massive PvP mode.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

One of those edgy don't care if your day is good people.  BR fights until 1 left.  BF massive PvP with respawns.  Either way every game doesn't need a massive PvP mode.

and you're one of those dismissive don't care if my viewpoint is incorrect I think i'm right so screw you so I think it's fair if I be a little dismissive.

Edited by AXCrusnik

and you're one of those dismissive don't care if my viewpoint is incorrect I think i'm right so screw you so I think it's fair if I be a little dismissive.

You just wanna argue to feed a superiority complex.  Assuming I don't know the difference between BR and massive PvP.  I've been playing games since before the internet.  BR or massive PvP doesn't fit every game and in WFs case would be a waste of resources.  Dismissive would be to say bye and shut up not telling someone you hope they have a crappy day in cute words like you used.  Dude you're not as clever as you think.  So run along and argue with the other attention seekers on here.  Say hello to ignore.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

You just wanna argue to feed a superiority complex.  Assuming I don't know the difference between BR and massive PvP.  I've been playing games since before the internet.  BR or massive PvP doesn't fit every game and in WFs case would be a waste of resources.  Dismissive would be to say bye and shut up not telling someone you hope they have a crappy day in cute words like you used.  Dude you're not as clever as you think.  So run along and argue with the other attention seekers on here.  Say hello to ignore.

You dismiss any idea that the more team and objective oriented gameplay is not a part of the BR hype right now, and are saying all massive pvp should be considered just that. I don't feel superior I'm just sad that people can't see past their hate of BR/fortnite, a game I'm not even fond of, to realize that this topic isn't related to BR/fortnite.

The best part about this exchange is that you were so busy hating on battle royale you didn't even realize I agree with you that this game does not need massive PVP, and it's that kind of attitude that makes me disappointed.

Edited by AXCrusnik

14 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Calladooty indeed, still just because we know battle Royale by hundred players who's to define what the rules are of that genre of game is? There are bound to be variations.

I dislike that games like battlefield are getting painted with the same brush as BR games. They aren't the same. There's no hunting for weapons, jumping out of a plane kinda S#&$. You just spawn in with your selected loadout, with a squad of 4-6, part of a large team with an objective that isn't "be the last man/squad standing" BR games by definition are spawn in with no gear/random gear, free for all style modes. They are named after a movie. Battle Royale (Basically Hunger Games, but darker, and before hunger games stole the limelight)

Conquest is not a variation of BR. If anything it's the other way around.

Edited by AXCrusnik

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I don't think DE should invest in another PvP mode. Lunaro clearly showed that this is not a wise use of resources. I would much rather see Conclave left alone than using up precious development time and energy. 

If you want large scale PvP, maybe it would be best to focus on Dark Sectors and Solar Rail conflicts. They haven't been released in over 4 years, but hopefully Railjacked and future content paves the way for PvE alliance vs alliance battles.

The problem isn't pvp, it's lunaro...

with the failure of DE's amazing eternals being due to  an already over saturated hero shooter market (see lawbreakers poor reception) the last thing they need to focus their time and resources on is chasing the battle-royale games

5 minutes ago, Bigamo said:

The problem isn't pvp, it's lunaro...

how is the problem not pvp in a game that got popular because of PVE? allot of people are no doubt like me, they're people who don't care what kind of pvp it is, they simply would never play it because it's pvp and pvp doesn't interest us, I'll tell you right now there does not exist ANYTHING they can offer me to entice me to play pvp, hell they could offer excalibur prime and I still wouldn't play pvp because it's just boring to me, same for the majority of warframe players hence the lack of players in any pvp game mode in warframe

1 minute ago, cghawk said:

how is the problem not pvp in a game that got popular because of PVE? allot of people are no doubt like me, they're people who don't care what kind of pvp it is, they simply would never play it because it's pvp and pvp doesn't interest us, I'll tell you right now there does not exist ANYTHING they can offer me to entice me to play pvp, hell they could offer excalibur prime and I still wouldn't play pvp because it's just boring to me, same for the majority of warframe players hence the lack of players in any pvp game mode in warframe

I think he's trying to say on top of all that Lunaro is bad, which considering how most games went last time I played... I don't blame him.

What I think is that Warframe needs a proper pvp mode that looks and feels like Warframe, not that unreal tournament clone we have now. The game is in serious need of it. Right now we keep farming for the sake of it without anything to use all our super powered stuff.

54 minutes ago, DarknessDevourer said:

I knew this was going to happen as soon as new players joined in droves.

Let me explain why this isn't a good idea:

The majority of Warframe players, myself included, play the game for the relaxing and thrilling entertainment that this game provides. it's been this way for 5+ years and we've all come to accept that Warframe is a PVE game. Digital Extremes are now, or should be, known for their amazing creativity and boldness in creating new aspects of their products and are, what i would like to call, pioneers of the new F2P system, as well as improved Sci-fi genre. What makes people want to try Warframe is exactly that, not following standards set by 1-2 succesfull games, but rather creating new standards that are applicable only in Warframe.

While  a different type of PVP could attract even more people to Warframe, it would also ruin the mood of the game. Not one person in the Warframe community wants their game to get infested by standard competitive toxicity.

Therefore, adding a directly PVP centred competition would be a terrible idea.

If you enjoy BR style games, you've Fortnite, PUBG, Realm Royale (although I wouldn't recommend playing any HiRez games), etc.

I want Warframe to be infested with competitive toxicity.

8 minutes ago, Bigamo said:

What I think is that Warframe needs a proper pvp mode that looks and feels like Warframe, not that unreal tournament clone we have now. The game is in serious need of it. Right now we keep farming for the sake of it without anything to use all our super powered stuff.

But whats the alternate that feels like warframe? Warframe is a pretty fast paced game, with bullet jumping and all... it's logical that PvP would be fast as well. Slower TTK would make the ninja moves we can do more frustrating, and a too fast TTK will feel cheap. Removing bullet jumping and wall jumping would make the game slow and lose that warframe feel, since your moveset is now different from PvE.

I guess perhaps the best bet would be to go in a Titanfall direction where the Warframes/Tenno fight on a battlefield with grineer/corpus bots with objectives to capture/destroy or defend without changing too much of how the PvP works.

Edited by AXCrusnik

The problem with PvP in warframe is that the mobility system requires players to invest a lot more time and effort into becoming good at PvP than most other shooter PvP game require. Add onto the fact that Conclave has a pretty small population, with no MMR matchmaking, and the high possibility of lag infecting any game you get into, PvP in Warframe is pretty much a dead end.

Ensuring that lag is not an issue has been partially solved with Player hosted dedicated servers, but the lack of skill match-making and the small population mean that newcomers can quite literally be beaten away from the game mode.