Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Map PVP for warframe

(PSN)lokaspoka

8 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

But whats the alternate that feels like warframe? Warframe is a pretty fast paced game, with bullet jumping and all... it's logical that PvP would be fast as well. Slower TTK would make the ninja moves we can do more frustrating, and a too fast TTK will feel cheap. Removing bullet jumping and wall jumping would make the game slow and lose that warframe feel, since your moveset is now different from PvE.

I guess perhaps the best bet would be to go in a Titanfall direction where the Warframes/Tenno fight on a battlefield with grineer/corpus bots with objectives to capture/destroy or defend without changing too much of how the PvP works.

That's exactly what I think. Main focus in pvp should not be pvp. 😍 Way less ttk but the real objective isn't just killing the other player. Give 90 or 95% damage reduction on frame interactions and goes Titan Fall on it. I was referring as MOBA but Titan Fall already made it mobaish. We need seas of soldiers with the frames pushing the front and fighting each other mostly to push the front. With super long ttk.

And overall people like greater ttk over super instaggibs.

10 minutes ago, Bigamo said:

And overall people like greater ttk over super instaggibs.

In a game like warframe though you really need to find that sweet spot, otherwise escape tools become too powerful at longer TTK, which already has been a problem in conclave.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

Try the Culling 2, it needs players.

Hide contents

/s

Oh lord I just watched that video lol. That was sad, but hey they tried to jump back into the BR game after all the best spots have been occupied.... and didn't even announce that they were coming back afaik.

15 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

In a game like warframe though you really need to find that sweet spot, otherwise escape tools become too powerful at longer TTK, which already has been a problem in conclave.

That's the reason games with long TTK need objectives. So you can retreat, but it can cost you one objective, is it worth it? Ads more strategy into the game.

This a horrible idea. Battle Royale? Can't find a single match half the time in Conclave and you think you're gonna find 99 other people in the world who wanna play conclave? Ha. 

Edit: if you add NPCs in the mix you just end up with Solar Rails.

Edited by (PS4)goodboxgonebad

No , no and no.

Its not needed, people HATE pvp in warframe, not everyone but a good 40% or more i believe.

and as several people said before DE would need a HUGE engine overhaul which would take months if not a few years.

I rather take a 32 vs a huge hord of AI than 32v32, or even 20 vs 20

Warframe is not fit for pvp on this scale. The Warframes have too many abilites and are too powerful for pvp. It would be like Halo pvp on steroids. Also, the range of weapons would be another issue. it's a great game for what it is based on right now. And with the massive new updates coming out, pvp will be the last thing people are going to be thinking about.

That **** wont fly here bro.  DE turned this community into carebears by failing the PVP system over and over.  Shame. 

The only way some type of pvp would happen now is if the pvp is massively passive.

5 minutes ago, AcceI said:

That **** wont fly here bro.  DE turned this community into carebears by failing the PVP system over and over.  Shame. 

The only way some type of pvp would happen now is if the pvp is massively passive.

You said it, but I think there is more to it, imo the worst conclave problem is the total disconnection between the main pve game and the pvp game, it's pretty much a very different genre. Any kind of descent pvp in warframe will need to use a lot of pve elements too.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

Set programmed NPCs  will come at u the same way

a PVP opponent controlled by a player who will come at u different ways to take u down

Do you think we are unaware of the difference between AI and player-control? Do you think that pointing out the obvious to us is going to magically make us enjoy something we don't enjoy?

The simple fact is that most Warframe players do not care for PvP. End of. No amount of changes or added modes will change that, because there are players who derive no enjoyment from playing against other players. Judging by population reports, most of Warframe's existing playerbase falls into that demographic, so postponing development of PvE content in favour of PvP (which is what would have to happen if they worked on it to the degree you are suggesting) would mean abandoning the majority of the community that keeps the game afloat. All this to support a mode that history shows would be dead within weeks.

Suffice to say, DE are unlikely to do this.

Besides, a good AI will in many ways be as unpredictable as a player.

PvP? Warframe?

4 hours ago, AcceI said:

What you condescendingly call ''carebears'' most of us would call a pleasant and welcoming community. You sound almost like you prefer the toxic hellholes of competitive PvP games like Overwatch or your typical Call of Duty crowd.

Edited by Lanadra

7 hours ago, AcceI said:

DE didn’t fail PvP. People just don’t want it here. I can’t blame them. Competitive PvP brings out the worst in people. Would you really want the toxicity that comes with PvP? Just take a look at nearly every Call of Duty, Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, League of Legends, and Destiny. You want that crap here? I don’t.