Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing and Toxic Behavior

V0LK

So I decided to fish today and, naturally, joined public bounty with highest rewards, like you do. At first everything went fine but then some bully came over and start shooting the pond to scare my fish! How such toxisity is even allowed? Can it be changed so squad bullets wouldn't affect fish?

Seriously now: I take it, at this point it is vainly to believe DE will do something about leeches on Plain? Or am I the only one bothered by this? I think it would be an obvious and easy solution - not reward players who are too far away from action or to share caught fish and mined stones.

Pardon my English!

If you want to Fish, you dont join a public group, you go Solo/Invite Only and go straight to the fishing site you want to stay in and enjoy. Joining pubs you are subjected to the majority's desire, if you have an active Bounty you must do the Bounty with your group and not go Fishing/Mining until its done or you risk being trolled/bullied by players unhappy with your lack of presence.

Yeah it's just not right to be leeching on other players while you 'fish', which can also be used for standing so they're essentially double dipping on standing. 

In essence if you join a bounty, you do the bounty, if you want to do anything else you just go into the plains without a bounty, personally I go solo or with clan mates if it's just for farming.

As to the 'distance from mission' being a factor for afk trigger, could be a bit of an issue because I've got a clan mate who can take longer than the first, sometimes even the first two missions to load into the plains (yeah no idea how he plays the game either lol).  He loads at the gate usually so it could be an issue there.

4 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If you want to Fish, you dont join a public group, you go Solo/Invite Only and go straight to the fishing site you want to stay in and enjoy. Joining pubs you are subjected to the majority's desire, if you have an active Bounty you must do the Bounty with your group and not go Fishing/Mining until its done or you risk being trolled/bullied by players unhappy with your lack of presence.

I don't think you should say just go into solo because I find them lonely and boring. Instead people shouldnt be starting bounties but instead just go into plains free roam. I have never had any issues there with toxicity and bullying because you're free to do whatever you want. But like OP said  there needs to be a way to deter leachers like withholding rewards.

15 minutes ago, V0LK said:

So I decided to fish today and, naturally, joined public bounty with highest rewards, like you do. At first everything went fine but then some bully came over and start shooting the pond to scare my fish! How such toxisity is even allowed? Can it be changed so squad bullets wouldn't affect fish?

Seriously now: I take it, at this point it is vainly to believe DE will do something about leeches on Plain? Or am I the only one bothered by this? I think it would be an obvious and easy solution - not reward players who are too far away from action or to share caught fish and mined stones.

Pardon my English!

How about you join the plains free roam? Of course people are going to get triggered at you, you are purposly joining a bounty only to leech from them

Edited by PffftImDiGi

Free roam is there for a reason...

Having to pick up the slack because some joker wants a free ride while they mine/fish is irritating at best, especially on the higher level missions and E hunts.

Edited by DrakeUK

it's an obvious troll. 

22 minutes ago, V0LK said:

naturally, joined public bounty with highest rewards, like you do

I like the use of language. "naturally" and "like you do" and then calling the people who don't get anything from him fishing, leechers, while he actually leeches from them. great bait. no pun intended

Edited by Seretrina

People who fish during bounties are pure cancer.  The worst thing is some objectives (atleast on PS4) such as unlocking the bomb collar and hacking drones - as soon as the hack ends, causes the target to, for some dumbss reason, teleport to the player who is furthest away.... so that A-hole who is fishing 2000m away ends up wasting everybody's time and sometimes even causes failure as they ignore the objective which just teleported to them.

Should be a bannable offense to fish in public bounties.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

This isnt really toxic behavior, its more like the dude was pissed you werent doing the bounty instead you were leaching and fishing. to misconstrue this as toxic kind of underlines an issue with your mind net. people are allowed to be angry at people sometime, this isnt toxic, this is venting steam. steam you kind of caused with leaching off the work from others.

Just like when I was doing a bounty and an Eidolon appeared, one dude stopped doing the bounty instead went clear on the other side of the map to chase the Eidolon. Had a harder time with the mission because one dude decided to run off alone and do his own thing.

Moral of this story is. if you join a group to do a bounty, you do the bounty. If you want to fish, you go into the plains solo and fish.

35 minutes ago, V0LK said:

So I decided to fish today and, naturally, joined public bounty with highest rewards, like you do.

Found your problem right there.

Now I'm unsure if you're serious or trolling honestly but I'll play along and explain it anyway.

Quite honestly you are the one leeching the bounty rewards as your team mates are doing all the work while you're just sitting there fishing because quite honestly when you join a bounty, you don't join for fishing you join for the bounty reward so side activities as fishing/mining not as important. Mind you, I completely understand if a player would stumble over the occasional blue ore and would stop for a second to mine it and then continue with the bounty, that is quick, unlike fishing which requires a bit more patience. Plus, judging by what you wrote it sounded that you simply started fishing, and not contributing to the work load of helping your squad mates get the bounty reward so I fully understand why they did what they did... I don't like people who try to take advantage of me, nobody does and that's what you were doing right there. If you had taken the time to search for a group and explained the situation to them and if they would agree to you fishing while they completed the bounty then there would be no issue but the way you did it made it look like you were a leecher that took advantage of his team mates.

Hope that helps.

Good luck Tenno!

1 hour ago, V0LK said:

Pardon my English!

Sorry, OP. Seems like the majority of those who read your post didn't even bother to go past your first paragraph before rushing off to condemn Leechers and leeching!

We'll just have to wait and see if DE implements any safeguards against leeches in their open world areas. It'd definitely be interesting to see what they come up with (if anything).

Lols. OP uses sarcasm pretending to be a leecher, to complain about leechers, and then suggests a change to the system that stifles leechers.  The sarcasm goes over EVERYONE's head as they label OP the leecher.  Hilarious.  

38 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Lols. OP uses sarcasm pretending to be a leecher, to complain about leechers, and then suggests a change to the system that stifles leechers.  The sarcasm goes over EVERYONE's head as they label OP the leecher.  Hilarious.  

Yeah quite a few of the responses make me question peoples reading comprehension. 

Fully admitting that I've totally skimmed stuff before but this is only like two paragraphs.