Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I got tricked

(PSN)Plus_UltraX10

Technically yes, morally no. You were trolled, take this as a hard lesson and next time don't trust people and fake promises so easily, if they promise platinum you better get it first, if you are going to get ban chat at least make it wort it :thumbup:

Edit: Chat bans last around a week, but you can check if it wasn't just a kick by checking chat again after completing a mission.

Edited by JuanS

Well, a similar thing happened to me last year. A guy asked me what is a British name for a cigarette which as some may or may not know is called a •f•a•g•. Did i think it'd get me banned? To be honest no i didn't but now i know that it does get me banned and i now avoid saying it in chat. Was i mad that i got trolled? A bit, but i played a lot of solo during that time so i didn't mind as much. If i got a chat ban now though, man it'd be so boring for me. i talk a lot in region, clan and team chat so i'd get a bit uncomfortable or antsy wanting to type but cant cause no one can reply and i cant type to myself even if i wanted to... sad.

Edited by hellodownthere
grammer

1 hour ago, hellodownthere said:

Well, a similar thing happened to me last year. A guy asked me what is a British name for a cigarette which as some may or may not know is called a •f•a•g•. Did i think it'd get me banned? To be honest no i didn't but now i know that it does get me banned and i now avoid saying it in chat. Was i mad that i got trolled? A bit, but i played a lot of solo during that time so i didn't mind as much. If i got a chat ban now though, man it'd be so boring for me. i talk a lot in region, clan and team chat so i'd get a bit uncomfortable or antsy wanting to type but cant cause no one can reply and i cant type to myself even if i wanted to... sad.

Isn't the point that the word is how we say cigarette in Britain, so you did not internationally offend, and as such that is not offensive?

Words mean different things all over the world and context is everything, surely?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

Isn't the point that the word is how we say cigarette in Britain, so you did not internationally offend, and as such that is not offensive?

Words mean different things all over the world and context is everything, surely?

oh i know only thing is though, the bot doesn't understand the meaning of the word context. I don't mind that though

4 hours ago, (PS4)Plus_UltraX10 said:

So some said they will give me 200 plat if I said it backwards it was gaf. Not knowing what it meant or the consequences of saying it I got suspended from game chat. Do I deserve this?

You deserve this for falling for such an elementary trick. Maybe the ban will make you smarter. 

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't like a lot of what Cupcake says, but yeah, you deserved it.

If it's too good to be true and all that...

It's one of those things you have to learn, and we all deserve to learn. 

I'm not going to sugarcoat things for people especially if they fall for "say gaf backwards". 

Also. Chat is not live fed (this is actually a garbage way of processing message by the way). You have time to look at what you just typed and think about it before you post it. Come on. 

14 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

I'm not going to sugarcoat things for people especially if they fall for "say gaf backwards". 

Also. Chat is not live fed (this is actually a garbage way of processing message by the way). You have time to look at what you just typed and think about it before you post it. Come on. 

I know Cupcake, I was agreeing with you :tongue: