Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE PLEASE put Auction House in game

(PSN)DirtyJester27

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

That's because those auction houses and trading systems don't operate with premium currency. Warframe's only tradeable currency is Platinum.

If you automate the process, the economy can and will be broken, though I cannot say as to how beyond the obvious fact that bots will end up exploiting this easier avenue.

I mean, there's WF.market, there's Trade Chat, there's Maroo's Bazaar. Would you rather watch a bot play as you? I wouldn't.

Um, what? MTGO only has premium currency, Neverwinter: ZEN, fine I don't believe WoW has/had, but gold was still real world money purchasable.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DirtyJester27 said:

Never going to happen. As long as people steal credit cards dirty currency is going to end up in any game. It is literally impossible to stop without DE taking the hit to their bank account.

Then not auction house for you.

I support the AH ideas in general, but there are a lot of ideas about how to improve the trade system that I doubt DE reads them for the simple fact there is no official word on the topic versus the many times it has been suggested.

To add something, I would support more something like the grand exchange runescape had.

Ah, also to you OP, here in the forums are always experts on the topic of trade, so try to bear reading those -1 posts.

Anything would be better than trying to watch chat fly by for hours on end. I'm asking for a usable in game trading system other than chat as I am unable to trade in chat. I'm to stupid, lack the speed, unable to go back and forth from my computer to ps4 to check prices in a reasonable amount of time.I try, chat moves on, I can't find what I was looking for. I then repost wait, wait, wait, turn game off in frustration. The Bazaar is not a solution, it's an unnecessary byproduct of the game for not having ah. Best game I've played, worst trading system I've seen. Not to mention the jerks that take advantage of rookies to the game. ah eliminates all these problems for ME (and I'm guessing a lot of people, based on the thousands of posts in forums), and makes trading better for ME (and I'm guessing a lot of people, based on the thousands of posts in forums). It also only brings the one actual relevant problem I've seen people post, bots.

Well guess what, there are bots in trade chat as well.

It would kill the economy is not a valid answer to why no ah as there are plenty of games with ah that are thriving.

I had to put the work in so you should have to as well is just selfish and ignorant.

If you have any problems other than listed with ah please let me know cause the excuses I've seen over and over again aren't real issues. The only issue is the people that have been forced to trade in chat would be mad that they put so much time and effort into trades when it becomes so much better due to an in game ah. Anger/jealousy is not a reason., they are ignorance.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DirtyJester27 said:

It would kill the economy is not a valid answer to why no ah as there are plenty of games with ah that are thriving.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DirtyJester27 said:

If you have any problems other than listed with ah please let me know cause the excuses I've seen over and over again aren't real issues.

Warframe is a free game. Platinum sales are their second biggest if not the biggest way that DE makes money. Now make a way to earn platinum automatically and DE loses one of their main sources of revenue and the quality of the game will dip.

Like i said in my first reply "If we had an auction house, where we can set a price and wait for it to be sold, why bother buying plat with real money?"

Don't know prices? write them down, simple. If you say that you shouldn't have to write them down, then i guess you'll have to go back and forth between your PS4 and your computer.

DE has already stated that they aren't putting in an auction house. We already have warframe.market DE knows of its existence and that is just as good aan auction house would be. You signup place your offers wait for a reply simple easy.

Edited by hellodownthere

Dear DE PLEASE keep Auction House out of the game

2 hours ago, (PS4)DirtyJester27 said:

AH has benefited so many games. I don't want to spend hours trying to sort through trade chat. I want to search for what I'm after and buy it. Any dealership will tell you more transactions = more money. Customer service, generation, retention, etc needs convenince.

There will not be greater profits made off of a deflated economy with quick, hands-off transactions.  It is convenient to purchase things directly from DE, and inconvenient to buy things from other players. It is already in DE's interests for it to be this way.  Buying from market > Farming it yourself > Buying from other players, in terms of convenience.

https://warframe.market

just gonna leave this here 

were doing fine with out a auctions house people have made outside  the game materials to help trading be more streamline 

hell with this if you want to sell and someone is buying for the price you like its literally as simple as copy paste get invite trade leave dont even need a account to use it 

6 hours ago, (PS4)DirtyJester27 said:

Cause I have no idea what anything's worth. Trading is extremely inconvenient. AND it would promote more trading.

haven't you considered that an extremely inconvenient system to make "premium" currency is by design? 

it's inconvenient to get platinum from players

it's convenient to get platinum from DE... 

to put it in simple terms

working as intended

Totally agree with this!

I mean i have alot of tradings each day and it hurts to invite everyone in the dojo, trade with them, talk to them and and and.. I mean my brain gives up nearly XD
Jk - thats the best idea i've ever seen in this forum section, so simple but so good. It makes everything easier for old and new people.

And we finally we get prices based on the market, auction house.

2 hours ago, X7-Shizuka said:

Totally agree with this!

I mean i have alot of tradings each day and it hurts to invite everyone in the dojo, trade with them, talk to them and and and.. I mean my brain gives up nearly XD
Jk - thats the best idea i've ever seen in this forum section, so simple but so good. It makes everything easier for old and new people.

And we finally we get prices based on the market, auction house.

"It makes everything easier for old and new people."

but the trade system was literally designed to NOT be easy or convenient for you.

Do you know how DE makes the bulk of their money? Buying Plat from them directly

Do you know what's easy and convenient? Buying Plat from them directly

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AZN_RH said:

Yea we seriously need an auction house. It will literally save time and allow DE to make more money. For instance if i was playing survival or something, i could miss people in trade chat selling something i want for the price i want to pay for. Auction house takes this nuisance away as anyone can post wat they are selling without physically being there and make plat to spend when they get online or back from a mission. Thus almost guaranteeing a transaction will take place making DE money faster. 

the plat you get from the transactions it was bought by someone at some point. if you make it easy for me to get plat by trading literally anything (even if its 1 plat per trash transaction) I will never end up buying plat from DE, effectively losing a paying customer. 

more transactions is just plat getting shifted around. if they make it easy you lose incentive to buy plat from DE.

so they make it hard to shuffle plat around and instead make buying plat from them directly much easier... 

honestly i don't even bother selling anything worth 5plat or less. that S#&$ goes into the ducats. now if they had an auction house all that would go in the auction house. and that's good for me, but bad for DE.

4 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

the plat you get from the transactions it was bought by someone at some point. if you make it easy for me to get plat by trading literally anything (even if its 1 plat per trash transaction) I will never end up buying plat from DE, effectively losing a paying customer. 

more transactions is just plat getting shifted around. if they make it easy you lose incentive to buy plat from DE.

so they make it hard to shuffle plat around and instead make buying plat from them directly much easier... 

honestly i don't even bother selling anything worth 5plat or less. that S#&$ goes into the ducats. now if they had an auction house all that would go in the auction house. and that's good for me, but bad for DE.

Thats the thing tho, like u said that plat was bought by someone else at one point. DE still made money. Like our trade system currently, we trade plat round and round jus like if we had an auction house, we would still trade plat round and round. An auction house wouldnt really affect the amount people buying plat from DE. Plus we can all agree that at the moment Trade Chat is full of rivens, rivens with different rolls which sell for alot of plat mostly so people are still gonna probably dish out money to DE for plat or sell a riven for loads of plat thus continuing the endless cycle. An auction house jus makes things faster

17 minutes ago, (PS4)AZN_RH said:

Thats the thing tho, like u said that plat was bought by someone else at one point. DE still made money. Like our trade system currently, we trade plat round and round jus like if we had an auction house, we would still trade plat round and round. An auction house wouldnt really affect the amount people buying plat from DE. Plus we can all agree that at the moment Trade Chat is full of rivens, rivens with different rolls which sell for alot of plat mostly so people are still gonna probably dish out money to DE for plat or sell a riven for loads of plat thus continuing the endless cycle. An auction house jus makes things faster

you are looking at it from the high ticket items, instead look at it from the 1-2 plat items... right now they are not worth the trouble to sell them so people throw them in for ducats instead. if we had an auction house, i would be throwing my 50+ trash prime parts in there for 1-2 plat each... and boom i just made myself 50plat. right now as it stands that 50 plat I would simply not have unless i buy from DE

also you said more transactions which is correct, also with more transactions = more competition = lower prices = people buy less from DE to afford items now

Edit: Basically, AH is good for us bad for DE.

Edited by SqualZell

So basically no one in this thread has a clue about economics or how governments earn revenue. The answer is taxes. If DE added a way to increase the number of transactions but imposed a plat seller's tax they would make so much in plat sales since they would be removing platinum from the market based on volume. Making it easier to trade would be a huge boon for DE since they are removing plat from the game every time a sale occurs.

Even if the tax was 5% DE would earn 1p on every 20p sold. If DE put a minimum tax of 1p on every transaction then even a 10p sale would remove 1p from the market but larger sales would be taxed at the 5% rate. So if someone sells something for 80p on the AH, DE gets 4p and you get 76p. DE would be removing thousands of plat from the game and players would be making way more trades all if the time since it would be convenient. And if you don't want to pay a 1p/5% tax you can always use the trade chat so it would be win-win.

And please stop suggesting that the trade chat is anything but the laziest option possible. Even the filters are poorly implemented and we don't have any way to save them or to load presets.

I have seen auctions added to several games and they have all hurt the community rather than helping.  Items with low value become worth even less while resellers attempt to dominate the market for high value items driving the prices through the roof.

I know some think it will be bad for DE but good for the players but in reality it will be good for DE in the short term, bad for the players and in the long run for DE.  It will make being F2P harder and drive away potential new customers because they have no chance to advance without spending real money.  In an F2P game like this players are content for other players so losing the F2P players will take content away from the paying players so they become more likely to leave.

The trade system is broken and changes are needed.  Making the system even more broken doesn't help.

Edited by Ohforf3

I do agree with the notiont that the current trade system is broken.  I've agreed with this for a long time, but it's becoming even more apparent.  Yesterday, I actually bothered wandering into Maroo's Bazaar.  This was a Saturday, and approximately 4pm CST.  There where a grand total of four sellers in there, three of the four with worthless trinkets that they clearly hoped to trade for enough plat to buy a single slot or something---the fourth trying to gouge on vaulted primes.  Trade chat, obviously, was scrolling past at its normal auctioneering speed, quicker than most could ever hope to even read it, but the actual designated buy/sell arena was dead.  On a weekend, an hour before dinner time(read: as likely a time to be home, indoors, and have a bit of dead time as any), there was virtually nothing happening in there.  Most recent visits have been essentially the same. 

The in-game economy isn't dead by any means, but it is starting to stumble.  In my opinion, accessibility is what is needed to invigorate it, but in any case it clearly needs something or other.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

So basically no one in this thread has a clue about economics or how governments earn revenue. The answer is taxes. If DE added a way to increase the number of transactions but imposed a plat seller's tax they would make so much in plat sales since they would be removing platinum from the market based on volume. Making it easier to trade would be a huge boon for DE since they are removing plat from the game every time a sale occurs.

Even if the tax was 5% DE would earn 1p on every 20p sold. If DE put a minimum tax of 1p on every transaction then even a 10p sale would remove 1p from the market but larger sales would be taxed at the 5% rate. So if someone sells something for 80p on the AH, DE gets 4p and you get 76p. DE would be removing thousands of plat from the game and players would be making way more trades all if the time since it would be convenient. And if you don't want to pay a 1p/5% tax you can always use the trade chat so it would be win-win.

And please stop suggesting that the trade chat is anything but the laziest option possible. Even the filters are poorly implemented and we don't have any way to save them or to load presets.

My God. In all the auction house threads I've seen this, this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the most coherent and intelligent reply I have ever witnessed.

Please, may I quote this in future?

On 2018-07-15 at 5:53 AM, (PS4)DirtyJester27 said:

AH has benefited so many games. I don't want to spend hours trying to sort through trade chat. I want to search for what I'm after and buy it. Any dealership will tell you more transactions = more money. Customer service, generation, retention, etc needs convenince.

It does not take hours. LOL. You literally go WTS or WTB in trade chat with what you have, and if people want it, they will PM you and a deal can be done within 5 min. Saying it takes over an hour is a bit much. 

As for finding out how much things cost, https://warframe.market/