Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaurusDeRoma

Railjack ideas

Recommended Posts

If there already is a thread for Railjack, could you post a link? If not, here some of my ideas below:

After the reveal at Tennocon, I think we should be able to do more than just blow up a ship. The use of the ship is supposed to bring together the various maps and game modes, but I think it should also bring together various mission types as well, such as sabotage, exterminate, and defense. Here is how I think it should go. You have a boarding party defend an objective, for however long, while the pilot moves their ship to lift it out like the landing craft does in hijack missions. The boarding party would locate the pod, or whatever, and carry it to a location the ship can reach. In order to move the cryopod, you would need two frames to help carry it, with each protecting one side, front or back, as they move the objective for the pilot for extraction. After whatever other objectives that are on board, make it random, or tied to bounties, players can target the ships core/shield coil, and blow it up with the ship, and rush to extraction. For example, say you have to locate an Orokin treasure, but fail to do so while on the planet's surface, you can use the ship to steal it from the Corpus or Grineer ship. The bounties could be more open, instead of being linear. Perhaps when the Tau system arrives with the New War, we will be able to engage in multi-ship battles, with the Corpus ships engaged in a Star Wars/Star Trek style fight, and we can use that fight as a distraction as we raid one ship or the other, or engage in a dogfight fighting both factions at once. Maybe there could be imprisoned Ostrons or those guys from Solaris that have been captured for interrogation. We could fly up, save them, or sacrifice them, by destroying the ship, or boarding it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the Railjack should get more involvement, but here's a few ideas of my own.

1: Taking the concept of Railjack and adding a number of side-objectives that can occur at random to it.
Mission types:

Spoiler

 

-Exterminate.
-Capture.
-Survival (condition; is a mission modifier if the enemy knows you're coming too early).
-Mobile Defense (condition; if the enemy ship's network is heavily guarded, a Datamass will be teleported in by Ordis to help your crew by allowing Ordis to siege the enemy network).
-Spy (optional, one vault).
-Sabotage (optional, only explosive or magnetic conditions can occur).
-Rescue.
-Assassination (using kitbashed enemies like Rathuum and Index opponents).
-Interception (Ordis begins leeching data from the enemy ship; both your Railjack and the Interception Towers must be protected).
-Defense (Ordis has injected a Void Bomb into the opposing vessel; protect it while it arms).

Any mission type with Railjack enabled should feature the Railjack icon, when one exists, and a suffix (Railjack) on the end. Any mission type can occur as a 'change of plans' based on what happens in the mission; if you fail a Vault, you can alternatively Capture an Assassination target for the intel. and then Capture an informant who's trying to get word out, causing a Capture-Exterminate hybrid scenario.

 

2: Taking Railjacks to non-Railjack missions (ground/in-ship missions).

Spoiler

-Any mission will be eligible, except the Kuva Fortress, the Void, Uranus, and Lua when it comes to Railjack access during the mission.
-You spawn in via Archwings from the Railjack, with the first part (flying to the location or breaking through Orbital layers) featuring the Railjack swooping in.
-You exit via Archwing, as if you were a Sentient Fighter in some missions.
-Open-terrain missions will use high fog/cloud density to restrict where the Railjack can see, and it will not be able to fly everywhere due to how the terrain is not designed to be viewed from so high.
-Open-terrain areas on missions will allow Tenno to revisit the Railjack using Archwing pods, which are not spent since the Railjack is so close, however Tenno on the Railjack mid-mission will cause them not to gain any progress while not on the field.
-The Railjack will be visible in the sky(box).

3: Freespace/Archwing, but with Railjack (Archwing-only or Archwing/ground missions).

Spoiler

-New and familiar Archwing mission types with wider/bigger tilesets overall, and a few general, seemingly empty 'freespace' zones which are just giant skyboxes with occasional enemy patrols which can be ambushed.
-Integrates the first idea entirely, and adds new mission types involving the Railjack as the objective, such as:
--Escort; protect the Railjack as it mines materials, intercepts data traffic, and blocks communications; this is in three phases, acting like a Mobile Defense.
--Interception; protect the Railjack while Ordis jams and leeches data traffic for useful data.

4: Conclave modes.

Spoiler

-Railjack assault.
Two teams with default Railjacks with Sun/Moon team colours duke it out on a Landscape.
-Archwing racing.
No powers. No mods. No Archweapons, and no stopping.
-K-drive racing.
No powers, no mods, no weapons; and no stopping.
-Railjack sabotage.
Two teams with default Railjacks with Sun/Moon team colours must take an armoured explosive to the other team's ship, and protect it during it's lengthly arming process; an inversion of Cephalon Capture with more strategy involved than mindless slaughter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

 

-Exterminate.
-Capture.
-Survival (condition; is a mission modifier if the enemy knows you're coming too early).
-Mobile Defense (condition; if the enemy ship's network is heavily guarded, a Datamass will be teleported in by Ordis to help your crew by allowing Ordis to siege the enemy network).
-Spy (optional, one vault).
-Sabotage (optional, only explosive or magnetic conditions can occur).
-Rescue.
-Assassination (using kitbashed enemies like Rathuum and Index opponents).
-Interception (Ordis begins leeching data from the enemy ship; both your Railjack and the Interception Towers must be protected).
-Defense (Ordis has injected a Void Bomb into the opposing vessel; protect it while it arms).

Any mission type with Railjack enabled should feature the Railjack icon, when one exists, and a suffix (Railjack) on the end. Any mission type can occur as a 'change of plans' based on what happens in the mission; if you fail a Vault, you can alternatively Capture an Assassination target for the intel. and then Capture an informant who's trying to get word out, causing a Capture-Exterminate hybrid scenario.

 

I think you should do at least one of these objectives before having to blow up the ship, and I think a Grineer ship should have a chance to appear, already engaging the Corpus ship, making us have to balance two different enemy ships while trying to stay alive. I think this is a good way to revamp the Invasion missions by having us pilot our ships to engage the enemy directly, while providing one side transport to the other ship, and carrying them back. This should give us extra favor with that faction, having each invasion mission count as more than one, potentially.

 

5 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

-Railjack assault.
 Two teams with default Railjacks with Sun/Moon team colours duke it out on a Landscape.
-Archwing racing.
No powers. No mods. No Archweapons, and no stopping.
-K-drive racing.
No powers, no mods, no weapons; and no stopping.
-Railjack sabotage.
Two teams with default Railjacks with Sun/Moon team colours must take an armoured explosive to the other team's ship, and protect it during it's lengthly arming process; an inversion of Cephalon Capture with more strategy involved than mindless slaughter.

I think this may help breath new life into Conclave, instead of being like other PvP games where we fight opposing players using edited versions of our warframe powers.  Also, we don't we have racing? Pursuit and Rush do not count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

I think you should do at least one of these objectives before having to blow up the ship...

I think this may help breath new life into Conclave, instead of being like other PvP games where we fight opposing players using edited versions of our warframe powers.  Also, we don't we have racing? Pursuit and Rush do not count.

I like the idea of Invasions having a Sanctuary Onslaught system implemented* (as in, subsequent missions are loaded into the same mission after successful mission objective completion), such as a mission that starts with 'kill 30 enemies', then 'defend this console as I expose their system', then 'disable their reactor defense grid', with 'sabotage the reactor' as the last segment, akin to Cetus bounties but with more varied rewards.

We have no Conclave racing gametypes. Why isn't Teshin endorsing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I like the idea of Invasions having a Sanctuary Onslaught system implemented* (as in, subsequent missions are loaded into the same mission after successful mission objective completion), such as a mission that starts with 'kill 30 enemies', then 'defend this console as I expose their system', then 'disable their reactor defense grid', with 'sabotage the reactor' as the last segment, akin to Cetus bounties but with more varied rewards.

We have no Conclave racing gametypes. Why isn't Teshin endorsing this?

I think there should be a pilot on the ship more often, that way you would have to coordinate with the ship while on board, instead of having it off screen an out of sight. I think that was why they had a pilot for the ship, so you can have a part in everything, instead of it being left as a behind the scenes role. Also, some players are able to solo carry a mission, so that would leave some players unoccupied, and bored, letting them manage enemy ships mid combat with their objective would keep players occupied. Of course there should be an option for leaving the ship on autopilot, allowing the pilot to help with the rest of the squad, or to let them level their weapons.

I don't they thought of racing when they thought of PvP, probably because Archwing wasn't that popular, or was to clumsy. Other than that, Why don't we have racing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

I think there should be a pilot on the ship more often...

Depends on how DE builds up the enemy ships and whether two can be entered and engaged simultaneously, as well as how well the objectives mesh with the Railjack's abilities and whether we will see more Corpus/Grineer ships than just dropships but with more gun - would like Archwing enemies to be completely reworked in some manner, mesh included, so that they would stand out from their ground versions more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be one central thread, so DE might pay more attention to what layers want in Railjack, instead of having to divide their attention along a dozen or so threads, that would be inefficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...