Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two people playing together on the same network question

PopGligor

I know Warframe has very specific rules about multiple accounts, and also has some automated system to detect when one person is trading between their multiple accounts and bans them. Which is kinda fine, it makes sense. So my question is this.

My brother and I play together. From different PCs, of course, but we're on the same network. He almost never logs on while I'm not online, he doesn't like playing alone. 

However, I want to trade him. I've already traded him mods, and that seems to be fine. But I want to give him warframe and weapon slots in the future, and here's where my worries begin. Would we both be banned for something like this? What can we trade between us not worrying that we'd be banned. I've been playing for over 2 years, not even received a strike. I don't want to lose my account.

I've seen stories of husband and wife like duos who got temp banned for trading because it was same network. They had to resolve it with support. May want to talk to support about it first.

It likely takes a large plat transfer to trigger it though. But it could be volume of trades.

Edited by Firetempest

generally, you'll be okay. skynet has smited people in the past for thinking multiple systems from the same network are the 'same person', though.
so you'll be fine most likely, but if not Support will be able to sort out your problem if skynet does smite you. obviously having reasonable proof that it is multiple people playing is better than just your word so that can make it easier should the time ever arise.

Me and my brother play on the same network at the same time and I've just recently started and he has been playing for years so he has been trading with me lots giving me mods and frame parts and weapon parts also gifting me things from the store and we haven't been banned yet touch wood.... lol

As others mentioned, you should be fine as long as your ports are set. And there is always support if it comes to ban over trading.

Before son moved out, we used to trade all the time while playing from same network.

Just don't go too crazy trying to trade 10k plat for 1 ammo drum, that for sure will flag you both, but then again the way markets is nowadays, it might not flag you at all...lol.

I know as long as plat and platinum items aren't involved in our trades, we'll be fine. For the ports - I'll make sure to make them different, but I change mine quite a lot, as that temporarily fixes my chat disconnects.

3 hours ago, Souldend78 said:

As others mentioned, you should be fine as long as your ports are set. And there is always support if it comes to ban over trading.

Before son moved out, we used to trade all the time while playing from same network.

Just don't go too crazy trying to trade 10k plat for 1 ammo drum, that for sure will flag you both, but then again the way markets is nowadays, it might not flag you at all...lol.

I won't trade him plat, but I intend on gifting him a lot of items from the market. If he wants plat, he can buy some. 😄 

Me and my two lads play WF on PC's though the lads are mainly xbox WF players, they ooccasionally play with me.

Never got a reply when I asked support regarding trading after reading about families and couples receiving bans and locked accounts, I ended up selling the Vauban Prime and Limbo Prime I farmed for them due to fear of one of us receiving a ban,

That said, we all watched Twich Prime Time for Ash, my youngest lad got it straight away, I got it recently, no idea if my eldest  lad got it or wife got it  on xbox?

Me and the missus play on the same network and whenever we get plat discounts we usually split them or give to whoever needs it the most.

We've also traded whole Warframes and Primed mods and so far we haven't had any trouble.

12 hours ago, Praxxor said:

You should be fine, just make sure you use different ports so that you can coop without issues.

Please explain. 

I had a friend come over & we played on the same network.

But we randomly had session save issues.

Was this caused by ports?

9 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Please explain. 

I had a friend come over & we played on the same network.

But we randomly had session save issues.

Was this caused by ports?

Probably, yes. You can change your network ports in gameplay settings on PC, I have no idea how to do that on PS4.

I play on same network as my wife and quite often we use same pc too (as in she plays on my monster rig when i am at work), we split our discounted plat too and feeding each other prime parts we miss. Did not had issue with it during our 500 hours so far.