Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 20 Test Level Ridiculously Bright, Almost Can't See Anything

cghawk

Question

The level is so bright that the 1st time I played it I failed it because beyond the 1st ring I couldn't see any other ones, I then turned down ALLOT of options but even then it's still nearly impossible to see, even at the end I almost missed the blue finish circle because it almost can't be seen

is something wrong on my end or did the brightness get changed? before partaking in the test I looked up a youtube vid and in theirs it wasn't even close to being so bright, hell it wasn't bright at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNgXwr_dCA

in case it has to do with settings they are the following:

local reflections: off
Blur reflections: off
Volumetric lighting: off
High Dynamic Range: off
Adaptive Exposure: off
Glare: off
Bloom: off
Ambient occlusion: off
High Shader Quality: off
and then further down with color/lighting:

Color correction: on
Dynamic Lighting: off
Character Shadows : on

can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? because I've had extreme brightness on other maps as well, notably the desert maps but this was just ridiculous

Edited by cghawk

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Try turning on Dynamic Lighting and turn off Color Correction.

huh that actually worked, after testing it on mars where the sand was also ridiculously bright just turning color correction alone off seems to work, thanks for that.

should a bug report be made about color correction then? because I assume color correction shouldn't make some things extremely bright to the point of making it impossible to see, that seems a bit useless to me

1 minute ago, cghawk said:

should a bug report be made about color correction then? because I assume color correction shouldn't make some things extremely bright to the point of making it impossible to see, that seems a bit useless to me

I'm not exactly sure how color correction works, but I assume that it's one of those settings that works properly when have the other settings (it needs) turned on.

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

I'm not exactly sure how color correction works, but I assume that it's one of those settings that works properly when have the other settings (it needs) turned on.

I see won't report it as a bug then.

also is there a way to get this thread removed? since it turned out to be a me problem it doesn't belong in feedback anymore but when I go to edit I can't find a delete thread button anywhere

12 minutes ago, cghawk said:

I see won't report it as a bug then.

also is there a way to get this thread removed? since it turned out to be a me problem it doesn't belong in feedback anymore but when I go to edit I can't find a delete thread button anywhere

You're gonna have to contact support and request them to move/delete/lock the thread, only they have the power to do so. Use either the "Warframe Support" at the top of the page or (and this is gonna sound weird) used "report post" on your OP located on the top right corner of your post but use "This comment is okay..." option and type what you want them to do with it.

Colour correction has always been something I hate and turned off almost as soon as I played the game.  Some people seem to like it but for me it looked like it was just putting a colour filter over everything at set times.  For example Loki turning invisible would put a yellow filter over everything making enemies and pick ups harder to spot.  Certain maps would also be flooded with a single colour spoiling any coloured lighting efects.  When I saw it was on in your list my first thought was switch that off.