Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Ignis Wraith time

Fallen77

Question

Hi delicious people !

I'm seeing everywhere people using that Ignis wraith, finally decided to craft and try it out.

From what I understand, it's a god weapon for killing trash mobs, but I'm also seeing it in sorties. So I'm wondering, is it that good of a weapon or people just forgot to unequip it ?

Also, how do you build it ? Status ? Crit ? Both ? Range ? Penetration ? I wouldn't want to spend an extra forma to correct afterward...

8 answers to this question

I use a pure gas Ignis on Sortie ... and unless I go up against Augmented Armor I'm not getting much problems. It's brutally effective VS Corpus, obviously. If your team runs CP x 4 it actually works pretty well for all sorts of content that is not endurance.

It's also very easy to use, doesn't need brain, has a huge magazine so all you do is sit on the trigger etc etc, but arguably the Amprex is the same except better (although that needs a wee bit of aiming, I believe).

So no, it's not people forgetting to switch away from the Ignis. It is an excellent gun.

2 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Penetration ?

i see what you did there.

No, ignis is just a mid weapon that can help breaking some warframes.... nothing more nothing less.

Hunter munition, Critical, damage. ggwp

il y a 4 minutes, Kyryo a dit :

i see what you did there.

No, ignis is just a mid weapon that can help breaking some warframes.... nothing more nothing less.

Hunter munition, Critical, damage. ggwp

thx dude. I was not joking actually ^^, in the french game it's called that way, forgot it's "punch-through" in english

Also, just come to my mind, it could be better if you can do a crit/status hybrid with Hunter munitions for the bleed and Viral for the 50%EHP removal... but i'm not sure if that's possible on the ignis 🤔

I've always felt like Ignis Wraith was just below the line for killing significant mobs in Sortie levels. When and Where it does work however is when you have a Warframe that can buff its DPS, then it can be a beast even there. (Classic Example being Mirage, of course)

It's not the only weapon like this, but it's popular for DPS buffers due to its AoE cone and effectiveness at clearing rooms instantly of less important Mobs, allowing you to focus attention on the bigger ones without getting clustered and over run.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

Il y a 1 heure, Datam4ss a dit :

I use a pure gas Ignis on Sortie ... and unless I go up against Augmented Armor I'm not getting much problems. It's brutally effective VS Corpus, obviously. If your team runs CP x 4 it actually works pretty well for all sorts of content that is not endurance.

It's also very easy to use, doesn't need brain, has a huge magazine so all you do is sit on the trigger etc etc, but arguably the Amprex is the same except better (although that needs a wee bit of aiming, I believe).

So no, it's not people forgetting to switch away from the Ignis. It is an excellent gun.

Side question then my friend :

Amprex ? I've heard it's one of the best DPS in the game right now, but is it worth the formas really ? I have my trusty Dread, Soma prime and Tigris prime for all sorts of business, do I REALLY need to add the amprex to that list ? Or am I more than fine with those ?

12 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Side question then my friend :

Amprex ? I've heard it's one of the best DPS in the game right now, but is it worth the formas really ? I have my trusty Dread, Soma prime and Tigris prime for all sorts of business, do I REALLY need to add the amprex to that list ? Or am I more than fine with those ?

Soma Prime is not in a good spot now. People are replacing it with Prisma Gorgons, Telos Boltors, Tenoras etc.

As for Amprex, no, you don't have to use it. It doesn't really bring much to the table outside of "moar Damage"