Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NOT asking for a BR mode, PLS

Fallen77

I thought it'd be nice to make a thread AGAINST the idea to put a BR mode in the game. With this many kids asking for it, thread after thread, I wanted to remind DE that the silent majority wants more warframe, not more pubframe. Also, I've seen some rumors that DE might be investigating the idea, which I'm mortified at the idea...

DE, we know you don't have unlimited working power, and you're already having many enough sleepless nights, don't put your all in a game mode that everyone would have forgotten in a year by now. Your thing has always been to do your thing, regardless of the current trend, and that's what made that game we all love so much.

I have a strong assumption that many of those people asking for BR barely played warframe. I imagine them very well run through earth, try the PVP, and shout "This game's sheet, can't be the MLG I'm sure I am, put BR in pls".

Fortuna and stuff looks awesome, it also looks like a lot of work. Don't waste your time on some mode that has nothing to do with the game. Waste it on making the game so many people love.

Come to me actual warframe players ! Let your voice be heard ! Let DE know we don't want the game to become a trend slut like Paladin (for those who played it before OB64).

Did not want to be arsh, but 3 days I log in, 3 days I see a thread asking for stupid BR...

I think DE is a bit weary in putting in modes that seem to be pretty trendy after raids and lunaro. TBH I don't think they will, since it seems they kind of have more of a vision of what direction they want the game to go, with the open world spaces and story missions. 

DE has shown no intention of expanding on pvp in any direction. They do the bare minimum of upkeep adding new weapons.

They mentioned maybe fishing tournaments sounded cool, or archwing racing on the plains when it was launched. But they have bigger plans and everything is on Venus, railjack and new war. I'm sure once railjack is running everyone will cry for a clan vs clan Guns of Icarus type pvp. But I doubt it will happen, although that sounds better than conclave.

Edited by Firetempest

DE add nonwarframe stuff all the time like fishing and mining and most likely at some point some sort of teeno dating sim seeing what the direction of the game is. And these things are mandatory for getting everything.

I don't think a BR mode that's optional like conclave would be as bad as these things.

il y a 11 minutes, Firetempest a dit :

DE has shown no intention of expanding on pvp in any direction.

I really hope so, rumors are rumors, better safe than sorry

il y a 8 minutes, GinKenshin a dit :

BR mode is redundant just like this thread 

Well I don't doubt others already made similar threads, but it has better chance to reach DE I feel.

Also, a lot of threads are redundant here, are you gonna say that everytime a noob asks a question ?

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

...at some point some sort of teeno dating sim seeing what the direction of the game is. And these things are mandatory for getting everything.

This is putting nightmares in my head. It's fine and dandy when in visual novel format with reasonably attractive characters.

But please, not the eldritch unchild hooking up with another fellow emo ... that's pure horror fuel.

As for a BR mode ... if Conclave died, I don't see how making a bigger conclave would be successful.

Edited by Guest

il y a 2 minutes, Naftal a dit :

DE add nonwarframe stuff all the time like fishing and mining and most likely at some point some sort of teeno dating sim seeing what the direction of the game is. And these things are mandatory for getting everything.

That's their vision tho, it's not like they followed other games into fishing/mining. And that's also what keeps the game alive, adding new things. The important term here is NEW. BR is nothing like new, it's a reheated mess. Also, it would split the community very hard, where we're all complaining about fishing as a group. (I don't mind fishing too much but that's beside the point).

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

That's their vision tho, it's not like they followed other games into fishing/mining. And that's also what keeps the game alive, adding new things. The important term here is NEW. BR is nothing like new, it's a reheated mess. Also, it would split the community very hard, where we're all complaining about fishing as a group. (I don't mind fishing too much but that's beside the point).

Fishing/mining aren't any newer things than BR is though.

My point is that they're adding non-warframe things and BR isn't as far away from warframe as these things are.

il y a 3 minutes, Naftal a dit :

Fishing/mining aren't any newer things than BR is though.

My point is that they're adding non-warframe things and BR isn't as far away from warframe as these things are.

I got what you're saying my man. First, yes, fishing mining are not new concept to humanity, but it never was a common trend to have those in games, it was THEIR bad idea.

And yes BR would be closer to warframe in the sense that it's a shooter mode. Only, the spirit of the game is nothing like it. And it would split the community so hard, and DE's working force as well. In a vaccum, BR is not a BAD thing for say, but it would be disastrous for warframe, much more than all the mining in the world.

Warframe is a PVE focused game and i doubt that will ever change like someone has posted already in the No Clip Documentary they talk about pvp and how after they added it, it became clear that very few people play it and vast majority of the community did not welcome it warmly.

PvP is a mode that triple A games are focusing too much on these days simply because its cheap and easy to do and targets a certain type of person that they can make money off and it streams well which translates to game sales which is all the publishers care about, DE and Warframe is different they dont target intial game sales because its f2p they target long term players and repeat customers and PvP players jump to the new latest hottest pvp game as soon as it comes out so those players are not DE's target.

That being said if DE wants to take on more projects outside of warframe or maybe new games based on the warframe universe like a BR spin off game that they could do a PUBG and sell to those types of players and make some cash then good for them doubt it will happen tho.

Edited by KeladorUK

42 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I think DE is a bit weary in putting in modes that seem to be pretty trendy after raids and lunaro. TBH I don't think they will, since it seems they kind of have more of a vision of what direction they want the game to go, with the open world spaces and story missions. 

They added lunaro after the failure that is conlaive. DE seems to suffer from permanent amnesia, I would be suprised if they would implament another archwing clone mode.... ohhh wait.

In lieu of 'Annihilation but bigger' (seriously, that's all Hunger Games/Battle Royale/Open-World 100-player-FFA is; FFA slayer on a bigger map with more players and no spare lives), I'd propose:

Spoiler

-Railjack VS Railjack (Team Annihilation and Sabotage versions - think of Star Wars Battlefront and how space/ground battles worked; could even be a Clan thing).
-Archwing racing*, where abilities and weapons are disabled.
-K-Drive racing*, with abilities and weapons disabled.

Then again, Conclave's balancing is generally a mess, most weapons feel too different from their PVE variants,most Warframe powers are irrelevant, and there's no server search engine for those who want to manually find matches and populations. Though not many like it anyway for any or all of these things, not to mention basic starter weapons, Ignis Wraith, and Zaws being somehow superior as well as the 'meta' being deemed 'impossible' for a lot of people. 

I'm one of those Tenno who tried Conclave when it was younger, on Xbox, with a Rhino and a Gorgon, doing Cephalon Captures. Those were probably better days.

*These would be alternatives to the very laggy Lunaro and the literal hellscape that is current Conclave meta (being people with neigh-on cyborg/godlike accuracy winning every time, no matter how many loadouts and solutions you devise).

36 minutes ago, Naftal said:

dating sim

See also: Umbra Warframes, numerous side-characters, or just OCs people have created (within reason).

Spoiler

Since each would be a different persona, and still have a human/Dax within, this may probably be unfortunately inevitable because of the hypothetical reactions we Tenno may have to cryostasis effects in spite of our wonderfully terrifying Void powers, though that's not the main thing. 

I could go on about a Dark Sector callback with Excalibur Umbra and Nyx Umbra recognizing eachother, but that will definitely be misinterpreted given the nature of this side-subject.

Then again Warframe is M-rated. This may likely end up happening whether we wanted it or not.

Matured Tenno. Those who are getting nightmares of this are justified; Ballas calls us unholy, vile - even demons - for Vay Hek's sake!

@Top_Kekkonen, Steve wanted Railjack to be part of Warframe's design. It's essentially his own gameplay fantasy come true, alas it would not only revitalize Archwing but also likely be supported more because of how much Steve cares for Railjack (and by extension, Archwing).

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added a reply.

il y a 15 minutes, Firetempest a dit :

Lunaro was put together around the hight of the rocket league craze. "We'll make a ball game too" that's what chasing fads gets you some times. 

That's why I'm making this thread

The only thing remotely BR type that DE might do is bring back clan rail wars, like they always talked about doing. But that is, besides being older than pubg and co, more elaborate. You get armies, and now maybe ship to ship combat. But they are still only talking about it, and most likely devoting most of their creative powers to the tau system and such. 

26 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

@Top_Kekkonen, Steve wanted Railjack to be part of Warframe's design. It's essentially his own gameplay fantasy come true, alas it would not only revitalize Archwing but also likely be supported more because of how much Steve cares for Railjack (and by extension, Archwing).

I am aware of his dream, but it sadly probably just a dream. Warframe is needs to be more fleshed out, not stretch out so thin that it breaks, currently, developement seems to have literally no direction, they implement new content that will be stay unfinished until the end of time. And will never catch up because they keep adding s*** onto the pile. The small amount of great content gets nerfed, etc.

Edited by Top_Kekkonen

48 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Only, the spirit of the game is nothing like it. And it would split the community so hard, and DE's working force as well. In a vaccum, BR is not a BAD thing for say, but it would be disastrous for warframe, much more than all the mining in the world.

I completely agree with this.  Warframe never did and never will have the numbers of players to make pvp into a self-sustained blooming lively activity within the main game that the pvp crowd want it to be. DE is better off making a separate pvp game,  Oh wait.....The Amazing Eternals happened. Making a new pvp game in this over-saturated market is just too risky.

Very often I see the same argument  "pvp would be better if it had better rewards".  Nope!  It has nothing to do with rewards, the core of Warframe player base has always been PVE players.  Nothing in the world will convince them to like it.  And those who do like pvp and gave conclave a try before quitting it, they didn't do so because of the lack of rewards. They simply weren't having fun.

Take for example those two pvp events we had in the past with the unique orbiter decoration rewards.  It was painfully obvious how common it was that people joined that thing to just sit down or hide or play bad on purpose just to get it over with. I feel sorry for the helpdesk folks who must've been bombarded by several reports of players doing that during that event; but this is what happens when you put a very shiny carrot behind a game mode that people aren't interested in. Had conclave rewards been must-have content, this behavior would become the norm and nobody wants this to happen. So yeah. better conclave rewards is actually a terrible suggestion.

I sometimes wonder if those pvp events weren't an experiment by DE to see what would happen if you put nice rewards behind a pvp wall in a pve-centric game. Those events were so out of the norm. It felt very much like a "let's see what happens" move rather than a "this is the direction we want to take the game" move.

Edited by MystMan

Yeeeeah, do not follow this trend, DE. Look at the history of your game and how PvP has always gone for it.

Don't do it.

Edit: Also, OP, DE won't hear your voice.. or ours, from the depths of GD, wrong forum if you want them to see it.

Edited by Lanadra

il y a 4 minutes, Lanadra a dit :

Edit: Also, OP, DE won't hear your voice.. or ours, from the depths of GD, wrong forum if you want them to see it.

Did not think this through too much, at least I hope I raised a little bit of awareness in the playerbase...

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

AGAINST the idea to put a BR mode in the game.

and why you felt the NEED to make another thread about BR, calling even more notice to that idea?

you could just let it die alone, as most said "ideas to fix the game" die in a few days. 

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

BR mode is redundant just like this thread 

best reply ever

6 минут назад, Fallen77 сказал:

Did not think this through too much, at least I hope I raised a little bit of awareness in the playerbase...

I have a fairly simple question - what are you interested in now in the game? What keeps you in it?