Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Sniper rifles still be 'meta' in Fortuna ?

(PSN)snkhuong

Question

24 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

You do realize the Eidolons are not going to be running away, and are still dropping the Arcanes...

yeah but the moment Fortuna is released everyone will be hopping on the hype train. There might be a new meta which would make my Lanka riven cheap as #*!%...

1 minute ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

yeah but the moment Fortuna is released everyone will be hopping on the hype train. There might be a new meta which would make my Lanka riven cheap as #*!%...

The price of another riven might go up. But it is unlikely for Lanka riven prices to drop, unless DE nerfs the Lanka.

Don't see why not, it is an open environment and sniper rifles and opticor seem to be king for taking targets without any real problems.

However, seeing some of the encampments in the video, it may be a mixture between close and long ranges similar to how the caves were in Plains of Eidolon (sadly the caves don't really have any reason short of mining gems... hope theres more purpose for them later.)

=====

As for the Lanka riven... if you want to cash out.. cash out... it's your choice, personally I would keep it because you never know when you may need it and not have it then to need it and not use it.

Edited by Deathwing980

il y a 5 minutes, DarkFlameZealot a dit :

You say this like long range = use a sniper. Get some skill and use a bow

Sure, use a dread against a hydrolyst, you tell me how well it went, I'll wait.

No one is using Lanka because of long range, only for eidolon, not even at range.

yeah i rarely use snipers on the plains to begin with.. just lanka for eidolon... and that is only the goto weapon of choice because it has huge power, elemental affinity to take advantage of the eidolons defense type, a innate crit chance bonus on max zoom, and the sniper combo counter which further increases its damage..

honestly i never use lanka outside the eidolons, if i do a sniper at all its usually Rubico. however there is almost no benefit for it because too much of the game is in close quarters combat...

i usually use a good assault rifle on the plains... Braton P or another good hitscan with status... Titanias Dex Pixia in particular is great.. if im not doing that, im using a good launcher like the Zarr or Lenz.. even the ogris on the lower level Bounties.

12 минут назад, Helljack84 сказал:

In all honesty, I don't like them much either.

But I'm fine with a mission/enemy type where they can shine (or at least have a reason to exist).

Yeah no.

I can't enjoy a thing that requires you to max zoom so the only thing you'll see is a barnacle on Eidolon's butt it and that either have a projectile travel time(!) or an awful recoil or just 2 bullets in the magazine, or a really freaking long reload/charge speed. And that list of the downsides right here? Sincerely, f that. That's coming from someone who enjoys sniper rifles in other games. In warframe, they're simply godawful. I wouldn't miss not having them and I would even trade my 2 or 3 lanka rivens, rubico and vectis riven to never have a need to use them ever again.

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Yeah no.

I can't enjoy a thing that requires you to max zoom so the only thing you'll see is a barnacle on Eidolon's butt it and that either have a projectile travel time(!) or an awful recoil or just 2 bullets in the magazine, or a really freaking long reload/charge speed. And that list of the downsides right here? Sincerely, f that. That's coming from someone who enjoys sniper rifles in other games. In warframe, they're simply godawful. I wouldn't miss not having them and I would even trade my 2 or 3 lanka rivens, rubico and vectis riven to never have a need to use them ever again.

Use a riven mod that removes zoom then, you'd be surprised how many good rolls come out that benefit sniper rifles 

Yes i know you have them but they are there for that reason.

edit: also before you say something in regards to the RNG rolls, it's grind related or whatever... This is basically the same as a relic you don't know what's inside till you crack it open (complete its requirements). then you either trade it off, or Reroll it to benefit yourself at cost of kuva.

Edited by Deathwing980

il y a 4 minutes, Deathwing980 a dit :

Use a riven mod that removes zoom then, you'd be surprised how many good rolls come out that benefit sniper rifles 

Yes i know you have them but they are there for that reason.

Meh, rivens should not justify poor mechanics. There is no reason to be forced into max zoom to benefit fully from the weapon. You can see wrinkles on the eidolon's butt as he said, that's a plus that's for sure, but not enough.

Rivens should be there to boost "bad" weapons for fun, not fix bad mechanics imo

As someone who generally prefers ARs and Beam weapons I'll have to admit that Shotguns is where the meta is at. The game revolves in large part around killing hoardes of enemies and whether your choice would lie with the Arca Plasmor, Hek or any other shotgun the general premise is the same; They kill large amounts of enemies quickly while you're constantly on the move, no hassle required. Places where I would say weapons with high single target damage and accuracy is good are bosses and eidolons so I'd recommend using snipers there.

Edited by Phoenix7540

1 час назад, Deathwing980 сказал:

Yeah I didn't ask for any "advice" thank you very much.

The very mechanic of zoom sucks + the only sniper rifle that is both has the highest damage (and because of that used by most) and really benefits from zooming hard is Lanka but it also has the sheatty-long charge speed and between those 2 having the faster charge is better, so I already gave up a portion of damage on a riven having this stat. Having both defeats the purpose of using a riven because first and foremost riven's purpose is to add raw damage. If you need to fix something like reload speed with it, you know that weapon sucks a**. Having arcanes that boost firerate or reload suck as well because then you would give up on using way more useful arcanes like Avenger.

Case in point snipers are bad and DE should feel bad about their state. 

Цитата

edit: also before you say something in regards to the RNG rolls, it's grind related or whatever...

Rolling rivens is for those who have no life. Literally. 

The only way to get whatever you want is to buy it. Spending time and energy on the rng bull**** is a trap that many fall into. After rolling several rivens for 30 and more time now I know better. Not to mention that doing the same boring mission over and over is a straight road to burn-out and losing your mind and that the booster you need to not drop dead while you farming those scraps of a kuva also costs money so if you can spend 200p on a booster you can as well spend a bit more on a riven without that headache.

Same goes for relics. It's both financially and time-wise wiser to just buy warframes and weapons with the new system. Time you'd spent first farming for those relics and then traces and then the parts you can spend farming literally anything else to sell, in those 3 months. Even selling only syndicate mods will grant you enough plat to buy a frame and 2 weapons with ease, especially if you can wait a week or two because then there's no way most would cost more than 100p, usually lower. That's ~20 syndicate mods sold.

14 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Yeah I didn't ask for any "advice" thank you very much.

The very mechanic of zoom sucks + the only sniper rifle that is both has the highest damage (and because of that used by most) and really benefits from zooming hard is Lanka but it also has the sheatty-long charge speed and between those 2 having the faster charge is better, so I already gave up a portion of damage on a riven having this stat. Having both defeats the purpose of using a riven because first and foremost riven's purpose is to add raw damage. If you need to fix something like reload speed with it, you know that weapon sucks a**. Having arcanes that boost firerate or reload suck as well because then you would give up on using way more useful arcanes like Avenger.

Case in point snipers are bad and DE should feel bad about their state. 

Rolling rivens is for those who have no life. Literally. 

The only way to get whatever you want is to buy it. Spending time and energy on the rng bull**** is a trap that many fall into. After rolling several rivens for 30 and more time now I know better. Not to mention that doing the same boring mission over and over is a straight road to burn-out and losing your mind and that the booster you need to not drop dead while you farming those scraps of a kuva also costs money so if you can spend 200p on a booster you can as well spend a bit more on a riven without that headache.

Same goes for relics. It's both financially and time-wise wiser to just buy warframes and weapons with the new system. Time you'd spent first farming for those relics and then traces and then the parts you can spend farming literally anything else to sell, in those 3 months. Even selling only syndicate mods will grant you enough plat to buy a frame and 2 weapons with ease, especially if you can wait a week or two because then there's no way most would cost more than 100p, usually lower. That's ~20 syndicate mods sold.

Bet you're a fun guy to spend time with. Life's not all gloom, lighten up.

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Sure, use a dread against a hydrolyst, you tell me how well it went, I'll wait.

No one is using Lanka because of long range, only for eidolon, not even at range.

Went fine because I have 3 energize sets already from doing an actually difficult activity called a raid. Heard of em? Probably not, but enjoy the meta of Opticor/Lanka Chroma boredom with your space lolis.

@OP's question: We can only really answer this once Fortuna is released and we find what works and what doesn't.

As for your Riven, If the thought of its value dropping bothers you that much I'd say just sell it. Though ultimately, it's your call.

Edited by GuardWarg

Le 15/07/2018 à 20:54, DarkFlameZealot a dit :

Went fine because I have 3 energize sets already from doing an actually difficult activity called a raid. Heard of em? Probably not, but enjoy the meta of Opticor/Lanka Chroma boredom with your space lolis.

Sure, raids were harder, big deal. You still did not properly read the original question, and instead of recognizing your mistake, you'd rather flail more toxicity around...

I'm taking you so seriously right now ^^

25 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Sure, raids were harder, big deal. You still did not properly read the original question, and instead of recognizing your mistake, you'd rather flail more toxicity around...

I'm taking you so seriously right now ^^

The fact that you still are responding when I'm obviously trolling and getting your attention to waste your time is proof of how easily this has already been won. gg ez bud 😄

il y a 5 minutes, DarkFlameZealot a dit :

The fact that you still are responding when I'm obviously trolling and getting your attention to waste your time is proof of how easily this has already been won. gg ez bud 😄

Yeah sure, keep deflecting, I'm having a wonderfull time here, watching you sink deeper and deeper