Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolving Blade

KaraAlev

Hello friends, i come up with a concept of a blade that evolve's in battlefield from a weak short sword/ skana to a powerfull greatsword by killing enemies. Since Nidus came out its became my favorite warframe by far and i loved its stacking mechanic which makes him more powerfull in time, so i decided i could design a cursed sword which can change its shape and power with more enemy you kill.

At the end sword will awaken with its full potential becoming a greatsword and depending on your stack gets stronger and stronger scaling for the end game enemies. I am sorry about the huge picture i jsut dont know how to edit it... Thanks for reading and i would love your thoughts !

6.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

Devs maybe could create a brand new stance for "awakened weapons" for future, i believe this type of weapon might open alot of doors for incredible weapons in the future, like a scythe that awakens and becomes a complate killing machine getting stronger on range and dmg with wide area atacks i am sure that would become handy in defence missions and fun to play And i also appreciate your thoughts.

Firstly, goddamn I like those art concepts. You can clearly see where the small sword grew into the great one. Actually reminds me of the Dual Toxocysts in game, and how they change form once they 'awaken' from a headshot. This is just a more literal version of that. (PS: Dual Toxo's are my favourite gun in game, so you've hit a chord with me)

As for the Stance issue, could weapons that 'awaken' come with a built in stance that only activates once they are fully activated. For weapons that change archetype, it could just be a stance you already own that you pre-select in the mod screen, and it is applied over the other stance for the base weapon once awakened. Whereas weapons that stay the same archetype just keep their stance.

Anyway, great concept, I love the idea.

Thank you guys, i am really happy that you guys liked my design and really greatfull that you guys put time and effort to read and comment on it. I love warframe and it would be a dream if i could add something to this great game. I really appreciate the feedback, i am thinking to create more "Evolving weapons" right now i am working on a Staff/Sytche combo Anyway thank you again for all your input it means alot to me.

Here is another Evolving Weapon concept staff/Sytche. I have to admit, in this concept i first draw the awakened form so staff version looks kinda off xD i am sorry for that but i hope you guys like it, waiting you guys toughts.! 

5.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

Hmm, given that staff weapons are generally blunt and use impact, maybe it could be a better idea to go with a Polearm? That would allow you to have the blade be on the end of the handle and upon awakening the weapon, it can grow and fold down to form the scythe. 

If you wanted to still make a Staff weapon, pairing it with another impact syle weapon might make it a little easier to implement, but by all means go crazy. Maybe have Nun-chucks that awaken and join together to form the staff? 

Also really liking the 'evil eye' design present on the weapons. Gives them that feel of being an oppressed power that is suddenly released.

You are right pole arms would be much more better xD. And yeah i love the eye design on corrupted weapons it gives them that evil look as you said, and Eyes really describe the "awakening" part of the weapons more then any other body part. And thanks to you guys input i have a brand new ideas for a awakened weapon. Fist weapon like a glove  when awakened cowers the whole arm to the shoulders, forming something like a wings on shoulders  and becomes claws ill start working on the concept art asap, You guys thoughts opening new doors on my creativity thank you again for taking your time to comment on it !

After the 50 stack one my creativity died a bit so dont mind me xD. Also i always have problem drawing small body parts Q_Q. I was imagining something diffrent for the awakened form but, well drawing isnt really my strong point XD Well still 1st and second form came out nicely like i wanted. Maybe i would make another awakened form later on 

9.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

Well something like this Lightning claw, can be also good still my drawing skills holding me back and also i wish i had few colouring pencil XD so i can make some lightning effects ill try thou.

3.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

On 2018-07-17 at 6:55 PM, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

*Ahem* Dual Daggers that turn to Dual Swords. That is all.

Here you go, Dual daggers that turns to dual blades, i know there isnt 4 weapon i am just too lazy to draw 4 of them XD, Basicly in all my weapons there are restrainments build by orokin that holds the real weapon inside like a lock mechanism, this metal parts usually gets corrupted when the weapon awakens and reshapes or it gets broken and bones grow its instead. To be honest i like this design couse its simple and effective, it looks menacing enough but also elegant on its own way. I hope you like it ❤️

JiGIeDW.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

3 hours ago, KaraAlev said:

Here you go, Dual daggers that turns to dual blades, i know there isnt 4 weapon i am just too lazy to draw 4 of them XD, Basicly in all my weapons there are restrainments build by orokin that holds the real weapon inside like a lock mechanism, this metal parts usually gets corrupted when the weapon awakens and reshapes or it gets broken and bones grow its instead. To be honest i like this design couse its simple and effective, it looks menacing enough but also elegant on its own way. I hope you like it ❤️

1f09c840ec.jpeg

Ahh there we go. They look epic, I especially love the clean blade turning into a sinister Serrated Edge. I see what you mean by the weapon looking restrained and delicate in some ways before the awakening turns it into a beast of a weapon.

Edit: Whilst im already doing my own stuff currently, would you like me to mock up a design of those on my Computer? Or one of the other weapons? 😄

Edited by (PS4)TwistedInstincts

1 hour ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Ahh there we go. They look epic, I especially love the clean blade turning into a sinister Serrated Edge. I see what you mean by the weapon looking restrained and delicate in some ways before the awakening turns it into a beast of a weapon.

Edit: Whilst im already doing my own stuff currently, would you like me to mock up a design of those on my Computer? Or one of the other weapons? 😄

I mean sure if you want to it would be awesome, i have no idea how to draw or desing in the pc but i am sure it must be hard, xD at this point my drawings are  nothing more then a hopefull little flame by chance a DE dev would see and get a liking to it. Creating these weapons both was challanging and fun and seeing people like you like them was very rewarding. Even thou i might not get them in game ( but i really want to) atleast i reach some like minded people who enjoys the concept of ultimate curroption and destruction xD

About Stance issue i gave some thoughts and why not make the weapons only use the stance of what they are before and when they awaken they Use some kind of 3 hit combo like lets say Riven's Q from league. It might easen the creative prosess. Lets say "Knight's Bane" The first concept i made, when it awaken's hits 3 hit combos,moves similar to the Riven and each time it connect to the ground a small circle area creates bone spikes from ground( Like nidus's 1st ability but circle). This will make the weapon unqiue and a really popular weapon to farm. And with (Keeper of Souls) Sytche it can make long range sweep atacks which is how a sytche should be used and it can have some type of life steal with each kill. Its just a thought on progess i would love some oppinion on it.

Edited by KaraAlev