Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolving Blade

KaraAlev

22 minutes ago, KaraAlev said:

I mean sure if you want to it would be awesome, i have no idea how to draw or desing in the pc but i am sure it must be hard, xD at this point my drawings are  nothing more then a hopefull little flame by chance a DE dev would see and get a liking to it. Creating these weapons both was challanging and fun and seeing people like you like them was very rewarding. Even thou i might not get them in game ( but i really want to) atleast i reach some like minded people who enjoys the concept of ultimate curroption and destruction xD

Destruction is the force that holds us together 😉

8 minutes ago, KaraAlev said:

About Stance issue i gave some thoughts and why not make the weapons only use the stance of what they are before and when they awaken they Use some kind of 3 hit combo like lets say Riven's Q from league. It might easen the creative prosess. Lets say "Knight's Bane" The first concept i made, when it awaken's hits 3 hit combos,moves similar to the Riven and each time it connect to the ground a small circle area creates bone spikes from ground( Like nidus's 1st ability but circle). This will make the weapon unqiue and a really popular weapon to farm. And with (Keeper of Souls) Sytche it can make long range sweep atacks which is how a sytche should be used and it can have some type of live steal with each kill. Its just a thought on progess i would love some oppinion on it.

I personally know very little about League so I cant comment on that aspect of your idea. However I do like the idea of awakened weapons having a unique attack stance. This would give players another reason to farm for them outside of the concept of evolving weapons. 

As for individual stances, each weapon having a thematically accurate one like you described would really add to each weapons personality. As a lover of scythes, having a sweeping attack pattern in big arcs would give me child like giggles for hours. I reference Darksiders 2 scythe attacks for anyone who wants an idea of a cool attack set.

Anyway, I really like these ideas. I'm currently just about to go to bed but I've saved your weapons designs down and will have a quick go tomorrow at making digital versions 🙂

Well I've started work on the digital version 'Knights Bane' Sword. I have made some tweaks here and there (Still based entirely on your design) that I feel help the concept out. Major ones are the lengthening of the Base sword as it seemed a bit more like a dagger. And the second major one was the curve to the back of the Great Sword blade. Being a somewhat cruel looking weapon, having such neat straight lines seemed to work against the design, so I added in some harsh curves.

So, I wanted to get an opinion from you @KaraAlev as to anything you would want to change or add before I make an final lines. It's mostly just defining the shapes at this point so if there's anything you want done just say so:

wKXqc07.png

Ps: Just noticed I didnt trace the floating pieces on the small sword, will get to that after I hear back. Tah 😉

3 hours ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Well I've started work on the digital version 'Knights Bane' Sword. I have made some tweaks here and there (Still based entirely on your design) that I feel help the concept out. Major ones are the lengthening of the Base sword as it seemed a bit more like a dagger. And the second major one was the curve to the back of the Great Sword blade. Being a somewhat cruel looking weapon, having such neat straight lines seemed to work against the design, so I added in some harsh curves.

So, I wanted to get an opinion from you @KaraAlev as to anything you would want to change or add before I make an final lines. It's mostly just defining the shapes at this point so if there's anything you want done just say so:

wKXqc07.png

Ps: Just noticed I didnt trace the floating pieces on the small sword, will get to that after I hear back. Tah 😉

Seems good improvements i like it, i spacially like that now sleeping version is looking more like a sword xD Overall it looks better.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Okay cool, I'll start to set it up for final lineart. Any color choices you want?

Well i am thinking Gold or silver for the metal parts since they are orokin locks, and shade of red and pink for the infested parts and white for the bone blade, bandages well whatever suits i gues but this just my thought check some colours and go wild xD

20 hours ago, KaraAlev said:

Well i am thinking Gold or silver for the metal parts since they are orokin locks, and shade of red and pink for the infested parts and white for the bone blade, bandages well whatever suits i gues but this just my thought check some colours and go wild xD

Okay, I finished outlining and sectioning off each of the parts of both swords. I have to go out for a family get together so I just chucked on some general coloring as a guide to what will follow. If there's anything else you would like done feel free to say.

anaNOUs.png

Okay, I finished outlining and sectioning off each of the parts of both swords. I have to go out for a family get together so I just chucked on some general coloring as a guide to what will follow. If there's anything else you would like done feel free to say.

anaNOUs.png

Looks great to be honest all it needs some details and its good to go ! Thanks for the hard work mate much appreciate

Well it has been a hectic few days but I've freed up some time to get back to art stuff. I shall commence work on Knights Bane promptly.

Secondly, that Void Demon amp is fabulous. I love it it. (Also, teach me your way with hands)

And your duality swordis great. I love the cracked blade still being together by whatever mysterious force.

Well it has been a hectic few days but I've freed up some time to get back to art stuff. I shall commence work on Knights Bane promptly.

Secondly, that Void Demon amp is fabulous. I love it it. (Also, teach me your way with hands)

And your duality swordis great. I love the cracked blade still being together by whatever mysterious force.

The Duality blade actually gave me a great idea for a new weapon, Here it goes , A greatsword that turns into dual swords when awakened  xD its gona be greaaaaaat, and design actually impressed me with my abilities this time

Edited by KaraAlev

Alright "Sun's Kiss" is a more like a paladinish version of my awakened weapons. I know corrupted awakened are the best looking ones but i wanted to spice things up and make some Good themed weapons aswell. So Sun's kiss a greatsword that turns into really fast and high crit rate dual swords. ( Work İn Progress)

11.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

Can I make a request? A sword and shield that can turn into a greatsword. Like monster hunter world style. More complex than just sword>sword or staff>polearm etc, but the duality of a shield and a greatsword works great imo. 

Bonus points if the sword and shield mode is more polished metallic, while the greatsword version is more corrupted looking.

All these concepts have been awesome so far. I think the addition of special evolving weapons could be great for warframe. Make them something you have to work for, maybe even quest-related, and not just some blueprints dropped by trash mobs or researched in dojo or whatever.

1 hour ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Can I make a request? A sword and shield that can turn into a greatsword. Like monster hunter world style. More complex than just sword>sword or staff>polearm etc, but the duality of a shield and a greatsword works great imo. 

Bonus points if the sword and shield mode is more polished metallic, while the greatsword version is more corrupted looking.

All these concepts have been awesome so far. I think the addition of special evolving weapons could be great for warframe. Make them something you have to work for, maybe even quest-related, and not just some blueprints dropped by trash mobs or researched in dojo or whatever.

I think i can come up with a design, its forming in my head as i read, to be honest after all these designs i am dried up in creativity departmant so i am glad people contrubute some idea's.

On 2018-07-25 at 9:32 PM, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Alright here it goes, (Still in progress) Shield/Sword combines and becomes a greatsword. i still need to do ome shading and "corrupt" it. Anyway Here the name comes "Twi̇li̇ght's Embrace"... XD

IMG-20180726-014533.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev
Name Change

On 2018-07-25 at 9:32 PM, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Twilight's Embrace V2 ❤️

IMG-20180726-014533.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

So far my favorites are Knight's Bane and Twilight's Embrace. Also i come up with a gameplay idea, instead of actually crafting these weapons, you will have to make quests like how we open rivens BUT these quests will include killing "bosses" i mean it really fits the trope you have to bath these weapons in the blood of strong beings just to create. Which will make crafting them a fun experince and a worthy quest for the players to feel accomplished.

• 1 month later...

So been a long time, Teacher job is so time consuming, also my pc broke down few times and i had barely had time to play or draw anything. Anyway Here is my new piece, Old gods Spear blade. Skana type sword turns to Spear or Gs with a high range. İ come up with few more ideas and also a warframe idea i will publish later on ! Hope you guys like it.

0yea4f.jpg

Edited by KaraAlev

3 hours ago, KaraAlev said:

So been a long time, Teacher job is so time consuming, also my pc broke down few times and i had barely had time to play or draw anything. Anyway Here is my new piece, Old gods Spear blade. Skana type sword turns to Spear or Gs with a high range. İ come up with few more ideas and also a warframe idea i will publish later on ! Hope you guys like it.

0yea4f.jpg

Looks nice