Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Weapons and loss of interest

(XBOX)PSYCOOO

I am sure this has probably been brought up many times over, but the search function and I never truly get along. 

Has anyone else felt a loss of interest in the game since the release of the Exalted Weapons modding? 

For me, I almost exclusively used Ivara and Mesa, my brother used Excalibur in almost everything, but ever since the update with the forced grind to forma everything all over again, the both of us pretty much just gave up on Warframe. 

Anyone else feel this way?

Well since you asked, I don't actually feel the same way to be truthful to your question. Yeah everything needs a few more forma, but it gives me personally something to do. Or it did because the only things left to get forma I believe would be Titania and Wukong. Which I never used his exalted staff anyway so he doesn't need it.

Mesa and Excalibur were the first to get their forma, and I am truly happy with having this change up on their exalted weapons. Now whenever there's a sortie that's like sniper or bow only, I can take either Mesa or Excalibur in there and use their Exalted weapon, and blow through the mission like a breeze.

Actually come to think of it, I haven't put any into Ivara's Exalted bow either. That is one frame that will be easy to do because you have sleep arrow and you will gain stealth affinity bonus and level her bow like a champ. Remember this.

Mesa was actually the harder of the frames I've setup.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)PSYCOOO said:

I am sure this has probably been brought up many times over, but the search function and I never truly get along. 

Has anyone else felt a loss of interest in the game since the release of the Exalted Weapons modding? 

For me, I almost exclusively used Ivara and Mesa, my brother used Excalibur in almost everything, but ever since the update with the forced grind to forma everything all over again, the both of us pretty much just gave up on Warframe. 

Not I, said the Cat. The change has had literally zero impact on my gameplay or interest. If anything, it has made me more interested in modding the exalted weapons (instead of a proxy weapon) because now I know that the changes will stick to the weapon. I will point out, though, that the frames I gravitate towards don't usually have exalted weapons so YMMV. :community:

Unfortunately, after the update, I don't see the time invested to rank/forma all these exalted weapons. To me it feels like redoing everything I already did with the weapons I had set up specifically for it. This update has wasted countless forma for me and I don't think there is a redemption in sight for me on this game. Unless DE comes out with a way to merge the weapons forma into my exalted weapon, I just see this as a cheap trick to get people to buy forma or get people to stay on the game longer. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)PSYCOOO said:

I just see this as a cheap trick to get people to buy forma or get people to stay on the game longer. 

Oh noes. DE wants people to play the game longer.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. I'm done with them as a company! Heaven forbid I should be given reasons to enjoy myself! /s

On a completely unrelated note, the change was in fact a buff for many Unique weapons. For example, you can now get the Gladiator set bonus effect without having to equip the subpar mods on your Unique staff or sword. There's a couple of other mods that also work in a similar manner.

Unless this is ever changed then the change was a buff, you just need to spend a bit of forma to get the buff as it were. A fair tradeoff imo.

Nope. That i can play both, my zenistar and EB on my Surging Dash excal brought some interrest back.

Reason i lost it was that pointless nerf to SD if anything... loved to have combo multipliers on Surging waves back before Chromatic Blade was released but we can't have more then one build appearently.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Actually come to think of it, I haven't put any into Ivara's Exalted bow either. That is one frame that will be easy to do because you have sleep arrow and you will gain stealth affinity bonus and level her bow like a champ. Remember this.

Mesa was actually the harder of the frames I've setup.

I can tell you right now that Ivara was extremely easy to rank up her Artemis.  Titania was as well.  Ivara I only needed to do once to add another V as I prefer 60/60 mods over 90% ones.  

Titania I did twice.  Two forma each on Dex Pixia and Diwata.  That was mostly to fit in all the Prime mods.  

I can see why Mesa would take longer to do than the others though.  

1 hour ago, Misgenesis said:

Oh what a terrible forced grind it is. All of them are sortie viable without Forma and level up like 3 times as fast as normal gear anyway.

This.... Ive brought Exalted Blade with Umbra Exal to a sortie, ended up being MVP of the exterminate... i have yet to forma the blade... 

not to mention now i can equip a sword that will have another function other than to power up my exalted blade. 

now i can use a sword for X and my exalted for Y.

basically exalted weapon means you can bring 4 weapons instead of 3 to the field, giving you much more adaptation and/or utility

and to level up? Brah... 2 hydron defence to 10 waves and its maxed out.... thats what 20 minutes if you have a bad limbo player?

3 hours ago, (XB1)PSYCOOO said:

No, because I assumed it was going to be the norm after Khora had Venari being independently forma'd.

As for forced Grind for Forma, again it seems par for the course.

I end up needing new Formas for new Prime/Vandal/Wraith variants, but only because I really want that slight edge over what I already have. 

But only on my main account.

On my alt-accounts I did not Forma any of the Exalted weapons and tend to only choose 1 Frame type and 1 weapon of each class to be Forma worth. That is how I choose to do Budget Play both time and money wise.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

I can tell you right now that Ivara was extremely easy to rank up her Artemis.  Titania was as well.  Ivara I only needed to do once to add another V as I prefer 60/60 mods over 90% ones.  

Titania I did twice.  Two forma each on Dex Pixia and Diwata.  That was mostly to fit in all the Prime mods.  

I can see why Mesa would take longer to do than the others though.  

Yeah Mesa needs 4 forma to use the exact same mods that my Lex/Aklex Prime already uses. Which to me, I could of lived without Mesa having a separate exalted weapon because the same mods I use for Lex, is the same ones I use on Mesa anyway. No difference there other than I can use a riven on the pistols now.

I don't use Ivara for her bow, and rarely use Ivara anyway so I'm not even going to bother doing anything for Ivara right now. In future I'll likely finish her's. Titania I haven't used very much in the last few months so I just haven't gotten around to getting her weapon(s) finished.

10 hours ago, (XB1)PSYCOOO said:

the increased unnecessary grind was stupid imo. i had to throw 4 forma into peacemaker again which i shouldnt have had to do since i already had a weapon i put 4 forma into for it. whatever weapon i chose for weapon link was able to perform on its own with the mods for the exalted weapon. exalted weapons imo are pretty boring anyway. and im for sure glad there are only a few of those frames. making an ability that is just another weapon isnt innovative.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

ill go on to say, increasing grind to increase longevity is pretty poor. warframe doesnt need to use such tactics as imo it is already fun enough to keep playing. they could have not made this change and people would still continue to play. i can understand doing it to melee exalted weapons since melee is about to get an overhaul but to guns? it was unnecessary.

10 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

No difference there other than I can use a riven on the pistols now.

And acolyte mods without them affecting your Exalted abilities. Being able to use Rivens and Acolyte mods is a pretty substantial difference. No more stat sticks = more freedom. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

31 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Topics like this are why DE tends to ignore player feedback. This is a feature people have been requesting for years, and now that they've implemented it? Constant complaints. Just can't please people.

this isnt about pleasing people. when a change is made that effects everyone, dont expect everyone to like it.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this isnt about pleasing people. when a change is made that effects everyone, dont expect everyone to like it.

His point is valid. People have been requesting this for years.

Of course not everyone will like changes. People are generally resistant to change (and some people are so resistant that they are  totally blind to the upsides and only focus on the negatives).

I have to agree with the two Tenno below.

5 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Topics like this are why DE tends to ignore player feedback. This is a feature people have been requesting for years, and now that they've implemented it? Constant complaints. Just can't please people.

45 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

His point is valid. People have been requesting this for years.

Of course not everyone will like changes. People are generally resistant to change (and some people are so resistant that they are  totally blind to the upsides and only focus on the negatives).

I was kinda iffy about it on the conditions that Mesa is my favorite Frame, and is also a popular prediction for the next Prime, so the idea of sinking additional Forma into her now when a shinier version of her which would need it all again might be on the horizon gave me pause. Found a middle ground with a single Forma on the Regulators though, and loving her 4 being a corrosive monster independent of my secondary.